Several Service Questions
542 1 2017-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AustrianOak82
lvl.2

United States

I recently installed the DJI9450 props on my brand new P3A. This was only my 2nd flight and 3 of the 4 propellers flew off when I was hovering about 30 feet in their air and it came crashing down. I am coming from a P3S, so I have installed props hundreds of times. Since they were new, I checked and double checked that I had them on right. That leads to my questions on my case CAS-389147-Z3M6J1.

1. I filled out the repair form and submitted it but it didn't tell me at all what to do from there. It provided a shipping address but I am wondering why I am paying to ship a brand new unit back when the props appear to be the cause of the crash?

2. It never told me what I needed to send back. Do I send just the unit itself since it is broken, or do I have to send the batteries, remote, accessories, etc? In one part it says to only send back the damaged parts, then in another part it says to send everything that came with the original order. So I am not sure what I am supposed to do here. I want an entirely new unit but I am not sure what the conclusion will be from service once they review the props and flight logs. Help?

3. I was recording at the time, but when the camera/gimbal become unattached, it obviously stopped recording. I put the SD card into my computer, but the video will not load. I am sending the SD card back but is there anything I can do before I send it to get it working? I sent the Dropbox link with my return link, but not sure if it will work since the video won't load.

4. Without being able to connect to the unit, I have no way of syncing the flight logs. But...I was running the Litchi app at the time (DJI Go app crashes every time I open it) so the only logs would be in the black box. Any suggestions?

Can a DJI rep provide some insight here on what I need to do to get this thing back since my issue is a bit complicated?
2017-1-3
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Very sorry to hear about your crash. We'd like to help answer your questions and get this resolved.  
1. We've checked your case, and our support has sent you a shipping label, with which you can ship the unit back to our service center without paying for shipping.
2. If you'd like your drone to be replaced, please send all the main components (the aircraft, RC, props, and battery. But if your battery is damaged, don't send it). If you'd just like the drone to be repaired, you can just send the damaged parts.
3. Regarding the SD card: Put SD card back in the camera, turn the Phantom 3 on, and wait approximately 30 seconds. If the video still cannot be restored, then please send SD back to us as well.
4. Since you didn't fly it with the DJI GO APP connected, we're not able to analyze the flight records in from Litchi. We willl however analyze the flight data from the aircraft then let you know what happened.
Please feel free to let us know for any further questions!
2017-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules