Osmo Gimbal Extension Cable Problem
2401 10 2017-1-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0e5a7cda
lvl.1

Switzerland

Hi I have an extension Gimbal cable, that I never used, and I wanted to try tonight, and its not working??? Who knows the trick? or is mine DOA???
Thanks! and yes firmware updated, battery full...???
thanks for you help!

2017-1-8
Use props
fansd2b11e6f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

I have the same problem. Received it a month ago, didnt get a chance to use it till this evening, and when connected, the status  light on the left of the Osmo stays on (yellow?) and no power seems to go to the gimbal
2017-1-23
Use props
TommyOshima
lvl.1
Japan

Me too. Just bought it on Amazon, and tried to use it with my OSMO but no power seems to go to the Gimbal/Camera section.
Firmware is latest and Battery fully charged, left light on the handle stays Yellow as well.
Hoping someone from DJI would solve this problem, or is it the defective cable issue?

2017-1-23
Use props
TommyOshima
lvl.1
Japan

TommyOshima Posted at 2017-1-23 22:06
Me too. Just bought it on Amazon, and tried to use it with my OSMO but no power seems to go to the Gimbal/Camera section.
Firmware is latest and Battery fully charged, left light on the handle stays Yellow as well.
Hoping someone from DJI would solve this problem, or is it the defective cable issue?

I brought my OSMO and the Extension Cable to the local Official DJI Store(in Shijuku, Tokyo) and asked them to check the Cable and it worked perfectly fine with the OSMO they have displayed at the storefront.
It means the problem (in my case) is not because of the "defected cable".
The person at the shop couldn't figure out what the problem is, and it could possibly caused by the version of the OSMO itself?? I got my OSMO back inOctober  2015, when it just came out, and I'm suspecting if the early batch version of OSMO may have this issue?
Just a wild guess....I'll keep testing and checking this issue.
2017-1-24
Use props
Oglo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 181693 ft
Australia

TommyOshima Posted at 2017-1-24 02:49
I brought my OSMO and the Extension Cable to the local Official DJI Store(in Shijuku, Tokyo) and asked them to check the Cable and it worked perfectly fine with the OSMO they have displayed at the storefront.
It means the problem (in my case) is not because of the "defected cable".
The person at the shop couldn't figure out what the problem is, and it could possibly caused by the version of the OSMO itself?? I got my OSMO back inOctober  2015, when it just came out, and I'm suspecting if the early batch version of OSMO may have this issue?

Had exact same problem when new, logged it as a fault. DJI got back to me and asked me few obvious questions which didn't resolve it. They issued a return authorisation. Before packing it back up I tried it one more time and it worked. Go figure.My guess is connectors. Have used it many times and lots of jolting and never a problem..... go figure again!
Look at how much jolting around when on my mountain bike. Look for "Hold On" video in these posts. It's amazing what it allows you to do.
2017-1-24
Use props
TommyOshima
lvl.1
Japan

Oglo Posted at 2017-1-24 23:50
Had exact same problem when new, logged it as a fault. DJI got back to me and asked me few obvious questions which didn't resolve it. They issued a return authorisation. Before packing it back up I tried it one more time and it worked. Go figure.My guess is connectors. Have used it many times and lots of jolting and never a problem..... go figure again!
Look at how much jolting around when on my mountain bike. Look for "Hold On" video in these posts. It's amazing what it allows you to do.

Thanks!! I'll try and see how it goes then. Actually I once had a bit similar experience when I used the Z-Axis. It may possibly be the connector issue. I've already contacted the DJI Tech Support in Japan and they told me to send them both the OSMO and the Gimbal EXTENSION cable so that they could check out the problem. But before sending it back I'll take a couple of more chance to see how things will go! Thank you so much!
2017-1-25
Use props
fans4e61fbc4
New
United States

Experiencing exactly the same thing.  The cable is brand new.  Worked PERFECTLY for a day.  Still works with my M1, but has stopped working with my X3.  I also talked to support and they want me to send in the cable and X3.  I would love to find another solution.  Has anybody found a solution on this?
2017-4-13
Use props
fans03d2c1ca
New

Hi I have an extension cable I try it is not working.??? When connected, the status lights red ???
2018-4-5
Use props
fans03d2c1ca
New

Hi I have an extension cable I try it is not working ?? When connected, the status lights left yellow right green. gimbal is not working.
2018-4-5
Use props
fans03d2c1ca
New

Hi I have an extension cable I try it is not working ?? When connected, the status lights left yellow right green. gimbal is not working.???
2018-4-5
Use props
Tomad
New

Denmark

Have some find a solution to this problem.
2018-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules