2114 19 2017-1-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
NomadRT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1669012 ft
United States

Using Litchi with the Mavic, I noticed:

1.  The front LEDs (red) are only on when it's on the ground and taking off.   When it gets to hover altitude they switch off.    I have tried using the LED slider in the app but to no effect.   What gives?

2.  I was flying a waypoint route and on the last leg it turned into a very stiff wind (probably 20 mph or more).   The craft slowed to less than 5mph and at one point stopped at 0mph for a few moments.   I'm assuming this is due to the wind and not something to do with the whole rumored Litchi 'drifting' behavior during waypoint flying?    I'm not sure though.

2017-1-10
Use props
NatasataN
lvl.2
Flight distance : 100574 ft
Canada

For your first question, I would try to go in the DJI GO app and see if if you have the option to turn leds off enabled. If so, disable it and try again in litchi. Personally, when I use the option to turn off the leds in litchi, they turn off right away when I flick the switch. You seem to have the leds off behaviour from the DJI GO app.

As for your second question, I have no clue, mine has always been very  steady doing missions but haven't tried in high winds situations yet.  
2017-1-10
Use props
Peterg4
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Have you got litchi set to record automatically as soon as it takes off (a default setting)? Front leds are always off when recording.

Headwinds and missions can be interesting. I had a similar experience where it flew to waypoint 1, turning towards wp2 as instructed but then just sat there until I decided to take over
2017-1-10
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

On the second question, I know from flying in high winds, litchi doesn't compensate forward speed when flying into the wind.
2017-1-11
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Peterg4 Posted at 2017-1-10 23:03
Have you got litchi set to record automatically as soon as it takes off (a default setting)? Front leds are always off when recording.

Headwinds and missions can be interesting. I had a similar experience where it flew to waypoint 1, turning towards wp2 as instructed but then just sat there until I decided to take over

BINGO.   That's what it is!    Thanks!    I had the Litchi setting to auto record.   
2017-1-11
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

thehippoz Posted at 2017-1-11 00:02
On the second question, I know from flying in high winds, litchi doesn't compensate forward speed when flying into the wind.

I think that's what it must be as well.    Thanks!
It wouldn't stop completely..... it would dip to 0 mph and then the wind would die for a second and it would pick back up to 5mph, etc.   
2017-1-11
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

I have one other question that I forgot:

In the Litchi app only, the Mavic doesn't face the direction it's flyling on these routes.    What setting did I mess with that started it to not facing the way it's flying?     I made sure it wasn't being ordered to face a POI, but it still is just pointing in one direction while flying.
2017-1-11
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

It's not having the same behavior with the DJI Go app as it always faces the direction it's flying.
2017-1-11
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

You're probably set to a very low speed. I have seen it flux around 4 mph so it's not taking wind into account. I usually fly around 22 mph on a waypoint mission.
POI you can set the direction before flight. It's in the settings when you tap the set point camera icon.

2017-1-11
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Look for the heading slider, this is the direction the mavic will face, but thats linked to which POI you last assigned.

P.S... Care refresh is void when using litchi aparently ... so be careful.
Litchi.JPG
2017-1-11
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-11 10:49
Look for the heading slider, this is the direction the mavic will face, but thats linked to which POI you last assigned.

So if you have a crash while using Litchi it's not covered?     As long as you can produce a flight record and visual file in DJI Go for the crash I'm assuming you are fine?
2017-1-11
Use props
Danny-B-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 306640 ft
United Kingdom

Take a look at the thread i posted http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=79799&page=1

2017-1-11
Use props
NomadRT
lvl.4
United States

Danny-B- Posted at 2017-1-11 11:56
Take a look at the thread i posted http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=79799&page=1

Thanks.    Because of this, I will use Litchi only as a bridge until they patch DJI Go so that I no longer have the VPS issues (hopefully coming).    Until then I will be abundantly cautious.  
2017-1-11
Use props
FF6022
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Just to say if you have craft direction in manual, heading obviously won't be selectable as your rudder stick inputs adjust the heading.
2017-1-11
Use props
tivoboy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 9984 ft
United States

Has anyone debunked or validate the rumor that using third party apps can invalidate your DJI warranty coverage?
2017-1-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

tivoboy Posted at 2017-1-13 11:57
Has anyone debunked or validate the rumor that using third party apps can invalidate your DJI warranty coverage?

The info I got from the phone support is that using Litchi does not invalidate the warranty but based on smilar questions which have been asked here there is the issue that logs saved by DJI Go aren't available for trouble shooting. This is actually a misconception since Litchi maintains what look like identical logs. As a matter of fact I upload logs to Healthydrones.com from both apps and have the same information.  That's just my 2c....I have seen somewhat conflicting replies from of the DJI staff here to same question.
2017-1-13
Use props
Jeromeo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 103369 ft
Australia

The problem with warranty will only occurs if you totally lost your craft.
When using dji go you create a log with it , this log can be synchronized later with dji server.
Lichi doesn't create this log.
So in the case your craft is lost using dji app, they can have a look at your synchronized log only and you may have a chance to prove it was harware malfunction.
Now If you are using litchi or anything else you NEED  to recover the craft so they can analyze what went wrong from the internal log of craft. And if they determine it's harware troubles they warranty will apply.
2017-1-13
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

Regarding Litchi, I had another question.  There are fewer settings available in Litchi such (EXP settings for example). If I use DJI Go to set certain EXP settings for the aircraft and gimbal (or other gimbal settings), do those settings stay with the aircraft and continue to be in effect if I use Litchi?

Along these lines, I've wondered what settings stay resident in the aircraft and which (if any) stay resident in the  app? I.E. what if I switch between an Android Phone and an iPad mini on occasion? No matter whether I'm using DJI Go or Litchi, do I have to go through ALL settings every time to validate?
2017-1-13
Use props
WolfgangStiller
Second Officer
Flight distance : 599416 ft
United States

zach5150 Posted at 2017-1-13 14:27
Regarding Litchi, I had another question.  There are fewer settings available in Litchi such (EXP settings for example). If I use DJI Go to set certain EXP settings for the aircraft and gimbal (or other gimbal settings), do those settings stay with the aircraft and continue to be in effect if I use Litchi?

Along these lines, I've wondered what settings stay resident in the aircraft and which (if any) stay resident in the  app? I.E. what if I switch between an Android Phone and an iPad mini on occasion? No matter whether I'm using DJI Go or Litchi, do I have to go through ALL settings every time to validate?

Litchi allows you to set many (but not all) of the same settings as in DJI Go or Go4. You can set them in either place. The one thing that is separate are what happens with C1/C2. Those are independent in each app and what you set will affect only Litchi or DJI Go.
2017-1-13
Use props
zach5150
lvl.2
Flight distance : 225148 ft
United States

WolfgangStiller Posted at 2017-1-13 19:38
Litchi allows you to set many (but not all) of the same settings as in DJI Go or Go4. You can set them in either place. The one thing that is separate are what happens with C1/C2. Those are independent in each app and what you set will affect only Litchi or DJI Go.

Thanks! Really appreciate the reply!
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules