Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Philippines
559 10 2017-1-14 02:12:03
4KManila
Beginner
Philippines

Hello DJI pilots from the Philippines! Let's discuss DJI related stuff in this thread.
2017-1-14 02:12:03
Use props
4KManila
Beginner
Philippines

Who else is experiencing fluctuating GPS signals in Metro Manila? The main reason I got an overpriced Mavic Fly More Package was because I've lost faith in the way my Phantom 3 Pro kept losing GPS reception above 20 meters within the Quezon City area. Unfortunately it's the same sad strory of erratic GPS with the Mavic. If I only knew that GPS was crippled in Metro Manila I'd just have waited for prices to stablize instead of paying extra.

I'd like to compile a list of places where GPS is unreliable:

College of Science, UP Diliman
Admin Building, UP Diliman
Football Field, Quezon Memorial Circle

Please feel free to add to my list so that hopefully we can figure out what's causing this. Note that all the areas in my list started having trouble last October 2016 only.
2017-1-14 02:25:49
Use props
4KManila
Beginner
Philippines

4KManila Posted at 2017-1-14 02:25
Who else is experiencing fluctuating GPS signals in Metro Manila? The main reason I got an overpriced Mavic Fly More Package was because I've lost faith in the way my Phantom 3 Pro kept losing GPS reception above 20 meters within the Quezon City area. Unfortunately it's the same sad strory of erratic GPS with the Mavic. If I only knew that GPS was crippled in Metro Manila I'd just have waited for prices to stablize instead of paying extra.

I'd like to compile a list of places where GPS is unreliable:

GPS errors started JULY 15 2016 (not October 2016)
2017-1-14 02:30:09
Use props
Jason Lane
Intern Pilot
Flight distance : 79292
Philippines

I live and fly around the BGC area. So far I've only flown in a couple of open fields/lots and at relatively low altitudes, so I think there's very little chance of buildings getting in the way. I can't say I've had any GPS issues. I always wait for at least 10+ sats and 4 bars of GPS before I take off. I've never had any trouble once the Mavic's in the air. At least nothing severe enough to notice. Once it's up and a little away from me, it would be hard for me to notice any small amount of drift.

What kind of problems are you having? Does it totally lose GPS lock and switch to ATTI mode while flying?
2017-1-16 01:58:21
Use props
lex_ville
Beginner
Singapore

I would not dare fly in metro manila specially will all the buildings there.. yes, BGC is a good place to start.. or any golf course perhaps. just maintain a line of sight and configure to return home if theres any signal loss. tagaytay and subic area seem like a nice play to fly.
2017-1-22 23:45:59
Use props
Unimogking
Beginner
China

Can you tell me is there any training school for DJI in Manila or philippines
2017-2-7 19:53:17
Use props
DiscoDracky
Beginner
Flight distance : 95095
Philippines

Well I think GPS can be interrupted by other radio skips, just make sure of your flight pattern that there now nearby cellular antennas or microwave signals, since QC has a lot of them
Happy flying
2017-2-9 05:27:31
Use props
fivetonine
Student Pilot
Flight distance : 163956
Austria

Busy cities like Metro Manila are never a good spot to fly. Radio antennas, LOTS of interference and microwave directional antennas can kill your connection even just 300 meters away from you. In addition, you usually have lots of choppers (police, fire, hospitals). You need to stay low and very near to be safe.
2017-2-22 02:39:39
Use props
SkyMemories
Hobbyist
Malaysia

Don't fly in the city which a lot of antenna=)
2017-2-23 18:09:29
Use props
CirCool
Beginner
Philippines

Hello, I'm planning on getting in on aerial photography and wanted to buy dji phantom 3, but I can't buy directly on dji website. where do you suggest I buy without much price difference?
2017-4-15 10:32:00
Use props
keithanim8
Beginner
Flight distance : 6275
United States

Hello, kabayans. When you got your drone, did you also obtain a flying permit (or UAV Certificate of Authorization) from CAAP? If so, did they email you the permit/authorization letter or did they snail mail it?
2017-5-30 01:10:17
Use props
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules

Close

DJI RecommendsPrevious /1 Next