this is not clear to me.. Please help! (1st time use)
670 3 2017-1-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bucefalo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444944 ft
Italy

guys I bought my mavic but I'll get it from my gf
only in March.. I'm trying to make good  use of these weeks to learn so that I can fly it when I get my hands on..
dji released this video(in mavic pro tutorial video)
https://www.skypixel.com/videos/50005e78-c3ed-4b1d-ad2e-b062daa63f7d?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=edm&utm_campaign=mavic-tutorials&sc_src=email_1049511&sc_eh=1f41ea58aecd81651&sc_llid=1557&sc_lid=50633294&sc_uid=GZU9tBoPex
the first part is NOT clear to me..
how do I have to keep the gimbal at begin?
I have to "unmount"  it as they show in the video? or it has to stay "mounted"  over those clips? or when should be in a way or in another?
I know sounds stupid probably to some of you.. but if u can answer you'll remove a big doubt on me!
another question is about what to do first time..
obviously recharge 100% everything, remove all little security labels.. update firmware.. and.. Do i need to do also this "imu" calibration? or just the compass calibration?
thank u so much for the kind answers
2017-1-15
Use props
BuzzCut
lvl.4

United States

The gimbal platform should be mounted correctly under the three clips when your get it in the box. I think they just show how to re-seat this in case it ever came out.   It's possible that they could come out after a bump or something.  You should be fine first time out - shouldn't have to do anything with the gimbal platform.

The general thought is to never do an IMU calibration unless the craft requests it.  That should be set up at the factory.

You are correct on needing to do a compass calibration.

Enjoy!!
2017-1-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hope BuzzCut's answer will help you.
It's doesn't hurt to do the IMU calibration and compass calibration.
Please make sure you do the compass calibration in an open area without interference.
2017-1-15
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

Check this thread which contains all you need to know.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-71599-1-1.html

Have fun and good luck
2017-1-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules