Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canes76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 818199 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone,
Still practicing with the Osmo Mobile and both apps...
**Disclaimer** I had to edit on my laptop at home...it does not have the power or the capibility to keep up with editing.  So, got a little frustrated and just finished.  LOL  The video could be tighten up and color graded...

BUT, you get the point and what can be done with the Osmo Mobile!

2017-1-16
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Looks like you're getting the hang of it   Were you using the DJI Go app?  Have to say I'm liking the hardware but not liking some issues with the app and the battery performance of smartphones for videoing in cold weather!
2017-1-17
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I could not believe how much smartphone battery I lost during this...it was crazy.  I might start using the Filmic app only and see what happens.
I missed a few cool things because I ran out of battery life...grrrrrr
2017-1-17
Use props
giggidditygiggi
lvl.2
United States

I think Terminus is further down the tracks...
2017-1-17
Use props
Canes76
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

giggidditygiggi Posted at 2017-1-17 09:41
I think Terminus is further down the tracks...

HAHAHAHAHA
2017-1-17
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Canes76 Posted at 2017-1-17 09:36
I could not believe how much smartphone battery I lost during this...it was crazy.  I might start using the Filmic app only and see what happens.
I missed a few cool things because I ran out of battery life...grrrrrr

I had a similar issue at the weekend. I started with the DJI Go app but it crashed and was producing judders in the footage, so I switched to the native iOS camera app @ 4K which worked well. After 78 clips totaling ~12 mins in length, the iPhone 6S plus switched off and when restarted attached to a battery pack it displayed 7%. It started at ~93%.  It was pretty cold and due to it's size the phone can't be left in its case so it gets quite cold.

I've tried FilmicPro which is as battery hungry as the DJI Go app.  I spoke to a guy in our local Apple store who also has an OSMO mobile and he confirmed that a) the batteries don't like the cold; and b) using the camera sensor is power intensive so not a good combo!
2017-1-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules