Fly more bag. How to pack correctly
2030 8 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Grabadabagoo
New

United States

Hello everyone!
My mavic came in yesterday and I have been having a lot of fun with it so far.
I have looked up a few videos on how ot pack the bag and this seems to be the most effective in my opinion.
Would anyone advise against putting the drone in upside down like this?
Especially since he has the gimble cover pushing against the batteries on the bottom.
I definitely like the ease of putting it in and taking it out though!
2017-1-26
Use props
Grabadabagoo
New

United States

https://youtu.be/ojnegmFDrXc
2017-1-26
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Nice video.

I was trying to figure out best way to do it yesterday, as I've just got my Mavic recently and decided to go for a maiden flight, I didn't see any point putting the charging cables in the bag, as the bag is mainly for you outside on your adventure, so if you've gone to the mountains, forest, park, etc, there is not power socket, so no point bringing it.
  - If you are driving then the car charger would just remain in the car.
  - If you are staying at a hotel, etc, I'd assuming you'd packed the power adapter in your luggage, with your phone charger, etc.

I've got the fly more combo and therefore have the spare batteries and used the side of the bag.

One thing that is a bit annoying is the controller sticks, I too had to slide it in on an angle to avoid them getting bent.
2017-1-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

I actually put the two extra batteries in the side pouches for easy access. I also learned you can put the controller in sideways (with the back of the RC aligned to the front of the case) instead of diagonally like the youtube author shows, which prevents the joysticks from being bent during transport and weakening the spring. Not sure it makes much difference, but why risk it?
2017-1-26
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-26 15:36
I actually put the two extra batteries in the side pouches for easy access. I also learned you can put the controller in sideways (with the back of the RC aligned to the front of the case) instead of diagonally like the youtube author shows, which prevents the joysticks from being bent during transport and weakening the spring. Not sure it makes much difference, but why risk it?

I did the same with the batteries.

And thanks for the side way note for the controller, will keep that in mind for my next flight.
2017-1-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

Here's what it looks like:
djibag.jpg
2017-1-26
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Australia

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-1-26 19:17
Here's what it looks like:

Nice, thanks for that :-)

The extra space in the Rc compartment for the almonds? :-P
2017-1-26
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

thats how mine looks and i have the charging hub laid flat under the rc with the hole for where the charger goes facing up so the rc slides right into it. car charger stays in car no need to carry around. i keep the ac charger in front pocket, and batteries on side pockets. cables in that zipper pouch above the mavic
2017-1-26
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
United States

cluc Posted at 2017-1-26 20:08
Nice, thanks for that :-)

The extra space in the Rc compartment for the almonds? :-P

And film! ;)
2017-1-26
Use props