Just ordered the Osmo Mobile....now what?
879 5 2017-1-26
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AnDiego Air
lvl.2
Flight distance : 240702 ft
  • >>>
United States

haha, any suggetions on how to maximize this thing? im a total weekend warrior when it comes to photography, but love taking content of the family etc

thanks
2017-1-26
Use props
A1000
lvl.3
Flight distance : 149760 ft
United Kingdom

Just enjoy it and try out a few apps to see which ones work for you.  Probably the biggest learning for me is how quickly the phone battery can drop (iPhone 6S+ in my case) so make sure you have a batterypack with you to top up and think about how you'll create breaks in the filming to recharge/top up so that you don't miss the big moments.
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Go play with it and have fun. Also make sure to take the case off if you have one on your phone.
2017-1-27
Use props
VoxUltrasonic
lvl.3
Flight distance : 328602 ft
Canada

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-1-27 11:44
Go play with it and have fun. Also make sure to take the case off if you have one on your phone.

Is this to prevent overheating?
2017-1-27
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

VoxUltrasonic Posted at 2017-1-27 12:51
Is this to prevent overheating?

No, it so the sensor can correctly see that a phone is in the holder and tell it to stabilize.
Also, it cannot be perfectly balanced when your phone has a cover if it even fits in at all.
If it's not perfectly balanced then the axis motor will work much harder and heat up and possibly overload or have issues down the road.
2017-1-27
Use props
Sgt. McCorkle
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2632743 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used mine for work. We did a Shop With a Cop program around the holidays and  shot a Mannequin Challenge Video.  I think it worked very well for only running through it. Also i bought the Osmo Mobile the day before so not a lot of orientation time.

2017-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules