"Bubble effect" in top left and right corners of video
12Next >
2058 67 2017-2-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans5dc1fe48
lvl.2
Canada

Hello, I am having an issue with my phantom 4, this is my second phantom 4 with the same issue. In the top corners of the screen it has a weird effect happening like a bubble effect.  Filming in 1080/60fps, NTSC, mp4. Using sandisk extreme 16gb card.
Anyone else experience this issure with their phantom 4? I will try and post a video on here, just got to figure out how.
2017-2-3
Use props
fans5dc1fe48
lvl.2
Canada

2017-2-3
Use props
fans5dc1fe48
lvl.2
Canada

Hard to see on the poor quality upload but if you look at the top corners, not to the far outside, in just a bit.
2017-2-3
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

fans5dc1fe48 Posted at 2017-2-3 14:46
Hard to see on the poor quality upload but if you look at the top corners, not to the far outside, in just a bit.

Is it the wavy  type affect,  at the start of the video....?
2017-2-3
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Yes exactly. It's actually always there it's just a poor upload so hard to see.
2017-2-3
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

2017-2-3
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Again poor quality and hard to see, more noticeable on the left side I find in this upload. Anyone know how I can do a 1080 upload? Vimeo only lets me do 720
2017-2-3
Use props
Nigelbrinkmann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 586391 ft
Australia

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-3 16:32
Yes exactly. It's actually always there it's just a poor upload so hard to see.

In all your videos is it in the same position all the time (eg. like top left?) does it happen on all recorded Resolutions?
Maybe you have a dirty lense/filter. unlikely but worth a Check
2017-2-3
Use props
fansb1fe1104
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3372566 ft
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-3 16:55
Again poor quality and hard to see, more noticeable on the left side I find in this upload. Anyone know how I can do a 1080 upload? Vimeo only lets me do 720

Try  youtube
2017-2-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans5dc1fe48 Posted at 2017-2-3 14:46

Could you happen to provide the original footage by uploading it to a file sharing site like Dropbox and supply a link?
2017-2-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-3 16:55
'Anyone know how I can do a 1080 upload?'

Yes, use Youtube.

2017-2-3
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-3 21:53
Could you happen to provide the original footage by uploading it to a file sharing site like Dropbox and supply a link?

I will do that later today and post by tonight.
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Nigelbrinkmann Posted at 2017-2-3 18:17
In all your videos is it in the same position all the time (eg. like top left?) does it happen on all recorded Resolutions?
Maybe you have a dirty lense/filter. unlikely but worth a Check

This is a brand new out of the box drone 2 days ago, dont think it has dirty lens. Yes the effect is in the same spot all the time. This is the second phantom 4 with the exact issue, i returned my first one when i noticed it, exchanged it for this drone, and its the exact same.
I will post some better video today.
Thanks for the input
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-3 21:57
'Anyone know how I can do a 1080 upload?'

Yes, use Youtube.

Thanks, if the drop box that jamie suggested doesnt work i will go through youtube.
Appreciate the input from everyone.
2017-2-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-4 11:26
I will do that later today and post by tonight.

Whenever you can would be appreciated.
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

I tried 1080/30 and it was the same.
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-4 11:30
Whenever you can would be appreciated.

https://db.tt/bXYzOrSP3B
this is a fresh video from this afternoon.
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

here's the first one
https://db.tt/newBu0Xnrw
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

First video is from the new drone that I just opened up 2 days ago. Second video is from my first phantom 4 that I replaced. I'm actually pretty bummed that I replaced it now that this one has the same issue. The first drone seemed to handle the wind way better, the new one is twitchy and wanders around......  
2017-2-4
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

[img]https://forum22.djicdn.com/data/attachment/forum/%5BURL=http://s749.photobucket.com/user/gubes17/media/Screenshot_2017-02-05-10-04-24_zpsqapjdltj.png.html%5D[/URL][/img]

I also keep getting this on the screen everytime I use this new drone, didn't ever get this with the one I returned...    ...
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-5 16:47
[view_image][/URL][/img]

I also keep getting this on the screen everytime I use this new drone, didn't ever get this with the one I returned...    ...

For this screenshot, do you get that for a brief second or does the purple streak remain? What mobile device do you use? Just to clarify, was this replaced from the online store/dealer or through the repair process? What's the write speed on the 16 GB SD card you're using? I am able to see what you're talking about in those Dropbox submissions.
2017-2-6
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 10:30
For this screenshot, do you get that for a brief second or does the purple streak remain? What mobile device do you use? Just to clarify, was this replaced from the online store/dealer or through the repair process? What's the write speed on the 16 GB SD card you're using? I am able to see what you're talking about in those Dropbox submissions.

The purple streak is there quite frequently, happens more when im sitting still, or in a hover, doesnt seem to do this as much while in motion.
For the SD card it is the 16gb sandisk extreme U3 that was supplied with the bird, i have also tried my sandisk extreme pro 64gb U3 card with same results.
The drone I returned to best buy where i purchased it, when i noticed the "problem" with the camera.
I am using a samsung note 4, but this screen did not appear on my first phantom 4 using the same device. I get it every time i go to fly with this new one.
2017-2-6
Use props
oldmanmark
New
Flight distance : 3258 ft

United States

How did you figure out to load video?
2017-2-6
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Not sure what you mean?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

oldmanmark Posted at 2017-2-6 14:07
How did you figure out to load video?

Do you mean how did the OP supply a video on his post?
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-6 13:57
The purple streak is there quite frequently, happens more when im sitting still, or in a hover, doesnt seem to do this as much while in motion.
For the SD card it is the 16gb sandisk extreme U3 that was supplied with the bird, i have also tried my sandisk extreme pro 64gb U3 card with same results.
The drone I returned to best buy where i purchased it, when i noticed the "problem" with the camera.

That SD card has decent write speeds, it is odd that you're getting this even after an exchange. Did you happen to return the SD card with the unit in the first exchange or did you hold onto it. As far as the purple streak, I've seen that when the unit is on a weak transmission signal. Have you tried setting the channel manually to see if it reoccurs? Did need to update firmware out of the box or was it already updated? Have you tried going into the Assistant 2 software to reset the unit to factory defaults?
2017-2-6
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 15:58
That SD card has decent write speeds, it is odd that you're getting this even after an exchange. Did you happen to return the SD card with the unit in the first exchange or did you hold onto it. As far as the purple streak, I've seen that when the unit is on a weak transmission signal. Have you tried setting the channel manually to see if it reoccurs? Did need to update firmware out of the box or was it already updated? Have you tried going into the Assistant 2 software to reset the unit to factory defaults?

Actually, I do still have the other SD as I honestly forgot to put it in after clearing my files from it.
When I removed it from the box it needed an update right away, updated the drone first then the RC, and then calibrated IMU. This was night time so the next day I calibrated the compass in an open area outside. (Following the same steps as my I did with my previous one, as it worked flawless other then the camera).
I have not manually changed channels as my contact between controller and drone have had great reception, and I only had a warning once that I could lose live feed, but I was a fair distance away.
I have not gone into assistant 2 software to reset defaults.
2017-2-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-6 16:16
Actually, I do still have the other SD as I honestly forgot to put it in after clearing my files from it.
When I removed it from the box it needed an update right away, updated the drone first then the RC, and then calibrated IMU. This was night time so the next day I calibrated the compass in an open area outside. (Following the same steps as my I did with my previous one, as it worked flawless other then the camera).
I have not manually changed channels as my contact between controller and drone have had great reception, and I only had a warning once that I could lose live feed, but I was a fair distance away.

If you can try the manual channel selection and the factory default, it would help better troubleshoot. In addition, could you possibly test the camera in slightly warmer or ambient temperature? Lens distortion like that can be attributed to cold weather.
2017-2-6
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 21:42
If you can try the manual channel selection and the factory default, it would help better troubleshoot. In addition, could you possibly test the camera in slightly warmer or ambient temperature? Lens distortion like that can be attributed to cold weather.

Okay i will, but i do not understand why this would differ from my other one, I fly in all the same areas.
Its above 0C when flying, but i will do some inside where it is alot warmer and try.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-7 09:50
Okay i will, but i do not understand why this would differ from my other one, I fly in all the same areas.
Its above 0C when flying, but i will do some inside where it is alot warmer and try.

Please keep me posted.
2017-2-7
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-6 21:42

Finally had some time to try the drone inside, still same wavy/bubble effect.  
2017-2-11
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-11 11:11
Finally had some time to try the drone inside, still same wavy/bubble effect.

From what you can see, there is no difference in the extent of the effect that's noticeable?
2017-2-13
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-13 15:56
From what you can see, there is no difference in the extent of the effect that's noticeable?

It is the same. I am waiting for my new monitor to arrive this week and I can post the inside footage when it does. Computer-less right now
2017-2-13
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

Before I brought my monitor for exchange I also did the factory reset and reinstalled the latest update in the assistant 2 and I've got in 1 long flight so far and the feed was fine. But I also put on range extenders on that flight.. been snowing lately will get in the air when I can for more testing and get back to you.
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-13 18:49
Before I brought my monitor for exchange I also did the factory reset and reinstalled the latest update in the assistant 2 and I've got in 1 long flight so far and the feed was fine. But I also put on range extenders on that flight.. been snowing lately will get in the air when I can for more testing and get back to you.

Please keep me posted.
2017-2-13
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

I have done a couple more flights now, not using the range extenders, and I did not receive any disturbance in the video feed. So it seems the reset has solved that issue with the pink in the live feed.
I was thinking more about this issue and realized that my first P4 was updated using the DJI GO app, and my second P4 was updated using the DJI GO 4 app. The update was stuck at 99% for a very long time, so I googled and saw many people with the same issue, and they just unplugged the unit and all was fine. In my case everything seemed to work other then poor transmission. I will be using the assistant 2 from now on.
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Gubes17 Posted at 2017-2-22 15:03
I have done a couple more flights now, not using the range extenders, and I did not receive any disturbance in the video feed. So it seems the reset has solved that issue with the pink in the live feed.
I was thinking more about this issue and realized that my first P4 was updated using the DJI GO app, and my second P4 was updated using the DJI GO 4 app. The update was stuck at 99% for a very long time, so I googled and saw many people with the same issue, and they just unplugged the unit and all was fine. In my case everything seemed to work other then poor transmission. I will be using the assistant 2 from now on.

Good to hear that it seems to be sorted. Please let me know if it comes back.
2017-2-22
Use props
Gubes17
lvl.2
Canada

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-22 15:51
Good to hear that it seems to be sorted. Please let me know if it comes back.

What should i do about that wavy effect in the video?
2017-2-23
Use props
KevDrones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 475522 ft
United States

Check you propellers, they may contribute, you could try to see if they are balanced.
2017-2-23
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Just wanted to chime in here.. I have just noticed this on my P4 as well.. However I would have never noticed it had it been for this thread.. It is VERY subtle - I can accept it though.. NOW had I spent 2 or 3 thousand dollars on my P4 I would have complained about it but I am fine with it and I very much doubt anyone will notice it in my videos.. Drone on my friends and relax.. one day soon we may not even be able to fly..

BTW in my opinion being a photographer, we are more than entitled here.. I have spent more on lenses then I have this drone and can still find fault with them..
2017-2-23
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules