1542 3 2017-2-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Hi All, @DJI Team,

Hoping someone from DJI can shed some light and provide some clarifications on this.

When My Mavic Pro arrived, in the first instance I jumped onto DJI's website and purchased a DJI Care Refresh (Australia) for the Mavic Pro prior to activating it.
  • Purchase of DJI Care Refresh was successful.
  • DJI has sent me an agreement number along with DJI Care Refresh Agreement contract.
  • I've also checked https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/coverage and everything seems to be in place.

Now upon unboxing, I've identified a small crack on the gimbal cover and immediately sent a support ticket to DJI and had also sent an email my reseller.
  • DJI's (Sophia Huang) response was very clear that given the reseller is not an authorised reseller, it was my duty to contact my reseller and sort it out.
  • My reseller had responded immediately and reminded me that our Australian consumer law, we are protected with a 1 year warranty which my reseller had honored and sent through a new gimbal protector.
  • At this point, I replied back to DJI noting my actions with my reseller and also queried regarding the DJI Care Refresh, that the gimbal cover crack is not part of the DJI Care Refresh.

Nothing to be heard back, given it was CNY, so I thought the ticket was closed, however I got another email late last week from Sophia noting the DJI Care Refresh and what it covered.
  • It was all fine, until she added the statement "Actually as the drone was not from our authorized dealer, i am not sure if you can use refresh for the drone in Australia or not."

Now to my knowledge, there is no mention in the DJI Care Refresh agreement that the DJI Care Refresh is only for authorised resellers.
  • To add on top, if what Sophia says is true, then DJi should not had allowed the purchase to go through and take my money.
  • Given that DJI has sent through the DJI Care Refresh agreement, then DJI has agreed the terms.
  • Finally, if DJI is changing the DJI Care Refresh agreement without my consent, then this will become a serious issue.

I have sent the questions back to Sophia immediately and have yet to get a response.
  • To be honest, I'm a bit concerned regarding the level of competency/knowledge that Sophia has. (If you are not sure, then get the facts first prior to sending out such claims).

To end with a positive note, Mavic Pro has been heaps of fun and flies like a charm, planning to buy more batteries.
2017-2-5
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hello cluc, if you purchased DJI Care Refresh for AU, no matter where you purchased the aircraft, you can use the DJI Care Refresh in Australia.
There's probably some misunderstanding. Our support will make a detail explanation to you.
2017-2-6
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-2-6 03:27
Hello cluc, if you purchased DJI Care Refresh for AU, no matter where you purchased the aircraft, you can use the DJI Care Refresh in Australia.
There's probably some misunderstanding. Our support will make a detail explanation to you.

Thanks DJI Mindy for clearing this up.
2017-2-6
Use props
trggrhppylmbx
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy: So I can buy DJI care even though I found out after the fact that one of the biggest electronics stores in the area is not an authorized reseller and i essentially ended up with a product without warranty without my own fault?
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules