11759 43 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cy .sg
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51404 ft
Singapore

hi,

i have been experiencing condensation within the camera's lens, and the footage and images are simply unusable

i've tried contacting support through the chat and email but unable to get the service reps to follow up!

would any kind dji staff on this forum kindly help, thanks

2017-2-7
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

I have purchased 2 Mavics from DJI, and the other did not have this and works beautifully.

I've tried to get the aircraft and camera to acclimatise to the weather by having it out in the open environment for sometime, before I started flying it. It did not help, and the condensation issue still persists. The condensation only occurs in flight, and it clears up after a while when the aircraft lands. I do not need to fly it very high (1m above ground) before the condensation happens.
IMG_0237.JPG
2017-2-7
Use props
fans2b75c050
lvl.2

United States

cy .sg Posted at 2017-2-7 08:14
I have purchased 2 Mavics from DJI, and the other did not have this and works beautifully.

I've tried to get the aircraft and camera to acclimatise to the weather by having it out in the open environment for sometime, before I started flying it. It did not help, and the condensation issue still persists. The condensation only occurs in flight, and it clears up after a while when the aircraft lands. I do not need to fly it very high (1m above ground) before the condensation happens.

Yep  ,it seems quality control can be an issue on the MAVIC
Mainly mostly all issues with the camera or gimble.  
My MAVIC arrived damaged And still waiting for DJI repair to get back to me. THERE is a thread on this subject also.
Happy flying
2017-2-7
Use props
fanse66a3bf6
lvl.3
Spain

Had the same problem.
Solved it having the camara 3 days in the sun,
Since then fine and always storing in a dry place.
Had another tread about this.
Camara lens condensation/can't focus.
But don't know how tu put the link here.
Hope it help.
2017-2-7
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Can you show us a footage or picture through the condensation? If it obviously affects the image, you should send it in.
2017-2-7
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

thanks Thor. yes it does affect, the images are pretty unusable.

i've been trying to send it in but customer service is not very responsive. it's been almost 3 weeks since i contacted service.

are u able to help?
IMG_0232.PNG
2017-2-8
Use props
CuaC
lvl.4
Flight distance : 369626 ft
Germany

Get some silicagel bags and put them into your bag for a few days. Also, the condensation will be most likely to happen on cold humid  days.
2017-2-8
Use props
REIDLUN
lvl.1

Singapore

im having the exact SAME problem with you...contacting the customer service too...

where you from ?

2017-2-8
Use props
REIDLUN
lvl.1

Singapore

fanse66a3bf6 Posted at 2017-2-7 10:03
Had the same problem.
Solved it having the camara 3 days in the sun,
Since then fine and always storing in a dry place.

HERE is the link to the thread.
2017-2-8
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

hi, the customer service still has not responded at all!
2017-2-8
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

cy .sg Posted at 2017-2-8 18:16
hi, the customer service still has not responded at all!

Hi, find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.
2017-2-8
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-8 19:18
Hi, find online chat on www.dji.com/support and follow instructions to send it in.

hi, i did that.

i've sent in emails.
i've had a chat with a CSO, and he advised me to send in an email promising to follow up.

nothing came back!!
2017-2-8
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

i jut want to send it in, and i'm already facing so much issues.

can i request for a refund? the product in my hands is totally not serving the purpose.
2017-2-8
Use props
cluc
lvl.3
Flight distance : 85682 ft
Australia

Have you raised a support ticket?
- Once you have, post the ticket number here so the DJI team can escalate it.
You should get a ticket number as soon as you lodge it.
2017-2-8
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

i finally got a response, this ticket has been open for quite a while already.

"Sorry to hear about the problem with your Mavic Pro. I will help follow up this case.
About this issue, please make sure to put the aircraft at a dry place when do not use it.
If the condensation is found while flying the aircraft, please land the aircraft and lay it for about 2 minutes, it will disappear.
This does not affect the performance of the aircraft. No worries. "

how can i keep launching and landing the plane whenever it gets condensation forming?? the footages and images are simply not usable!!!

i have purchased 2 mavic pros direct from DJI store, the other one works perfectly. flown and kept in the same condition, does this mean the condensation one is defective?
2017-2-9
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

ticket number is 417904
2017-2-9
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

is any Dji staff able to help?
2017-2-9
Use props
Mike-the-cat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22488593 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

store your Mavic in a dry box kept at 70% humidity and not in an air conditioned room before flying. You live in a country whose humidity is at dew point in the mornings so condensation will occur.
2017-2-9
Use props
cy .sg
lvl.2
Singapore

i store both my mavics dry, and the other doesn't have such problems under the same conditions.

are the later batches of cameras not purged or sealed properly so there's moisture inside the lens?
2017-2-9
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

cy .sg Posted at 2017-2-9 16:37
is any Dji staff able to help?

Yes, thank you for the info. I'll escalate the case for you.  One of my colleague should contact you in a day or two.  Also, it would be helpful if you can post more photos/videos shot while the camera is under influence, and the close picture of the camera while in condescation. So we an have a better assessment of how severe it is and whether it affects the performance of the camera
2017-2-10
Use props
Hugh Clark
New
Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-2-10 00:35
Yes, thank you for the info. I'll escalate the case for you.  One of my colleague should contact you in a day or two.  Also, it would be helpful if you can post more photos/videos shot while the camera is under influence, and the close picture of the camera while in condescation. So we an have a better assessment of how severe it is and whether it affects the performance of the camera

HI Thor,

I have recently discovered the same problem.
ie condesation forming once I take off and start ascending.

I read this post with interest and am urgently seeking advice. Is there a fix for this or should I send it back?

I am in Australia- my first contact to support last week is #474004.

what should I do?

Hugh
2017-3-26
Use props
Hugh Clark
New
Australia

cy .sg Posted at 2017-2-9 17:24
i store both my mavics dry, and the other doesn't have such problems under the same conditions.

are the later batches of cameras not purged or sealed properly so there's moisture inside the lens?

HIya,

I'm having the exact same issue as you have described here in Sydney Australia. Did you have any outcome to this?

Hugh

2017-3-26
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Hugh Clark Posted at 2017-3-26 21:34
HI Thor,

I have recently discovered the same problem.

It depends on how severe the issue is and whether it noticeably affects the performance of the camera.  When does the condensation show up and when does it go away? Do you have a clip that can demonstrate the effect of it? Thank you.
2017-3-26
Use props
Hugh Clark
New
Australia

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tln4k0 ... 49800769.png?dl=0

HI Thor,

the condensation shows up as soon as I ascend about 10mtrs high. It seems the compromised moist air inside the camera lens is sucked to the glass. When it comes back down after a little while it dissipates.
As you can see from the images it is a major issue.

I left it in the sun yesterday and further am going to follow some suggestions from a friend who had a similar issue with a regular lens. He covered it in stockings, then placed in a sealed pelican case, then filled it with rice and sat it in the sun for a while to allow the rice to suck out the trapped moist air.

I'm hoping this will be a fix and I won't have to send it in a wait 6 weeks to have it working again.

I'll report back,

Hugh
2017-3-29
Use props
Hugh Clark
New
Australia

[url]https://www.dropbox.com/s/klw7bi2bdwdvblq/27535F93-7F27-4E5B-BECD-4B3997A25EAA.jpeg?dl=0

another picture
2017-3-29
Use props
Hugh Clark
New
Australia

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-26 22:30
It depends on how severe the issue is and whether it noticeably affects the performance of the camera.  When does the condensation show up and when does it go away? Do you have a clip that can demonstrate the effect of it? Thank you.

Have tried putting in pelican case filled with rice, placed in the sun, on first flight it looks clear. whew, hopefully that is the solution, the rice sucked out the moist air that had become trapped in the lens.

Hugh

2017-4-2
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator

Hugh Clark Posted at 2017-4-2 18:58
Have tried putting in pelican case filled with rice, placed in the sun, on first flight it looks clear. whew, hopefully that is the solution, the rice sucked out the moist air that had become trapped in the lens.

Hugh

Glad it works for you.  Sorry I didn't see your previous response because you didn't click the reply button under my comment.
2017-4-2
Use props
cristianc
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008143 ft
Australia

Seems like I am having the same issue, had my Mavic for 4 months now...
2017-6-18
Use props
fans343af7c0
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7500 ft
India

Break the glass (it helped for me, I used nd filter to protect the rest) or use couple of silicon gel packets inside the lens cover while putting back in case. No repair required at all. Just treat it as your DSLR.
2017-8-20
Use props
Subhasom-M
lvl.1
Flight distance : 7500 ft
India

fans343af7c0 Posted at 2017-8-20 10:52
Break the glass (it helped for me, I used nd filter to protect the rest) or use couple of silicon gel packets inside the lens cover while putting back in case. No repair required at all. Just treat it as your DSLR.

You may like to see the ultimate solution...
[ https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... zA/view?usp=sharing ]
2017-8-20
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Subhasom-M Posted at 2017-8-20 13:05
[ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9kwmR1JvYhnaEFhellJeHZIYzA/view?usp=sharing ]

Your a nutter breaking the glass. I would send it back! You must have more money than sense
2017-10-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Subhasom-M Posted at 2017-8-20 13:05
[ https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9kwmR1JvYhnaEFhellJeHZIYzA/view?usp=sharing ]

That seems like a very drastic solution to the problem. If moisture can get in then it can surely get out again. I would think sealed in a case with a couple of descant packs and kept in a warm area for a few days would do the trick.
2017-10-1
Use props
Dread-Pirate-Ro
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2169731 ft
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-10-1 10:18
That seems like a very drastic solution to the problem. If moisture can get in then it can surely get out again. I would think sealed in a case with a couple of descant packs and kept in a warm area for a few days would do the trick.

I've read that sending it back may not be a solution as it could happen again with a new unit. Smashing the lens maybe the only sure way of fixing it, then protect it with a filter
2017-10-2
Use props
Superindianvlog
New

India

Hugh Clark Posted at 2017-4-2 18:58

Hugh

Hi Hugh

I am also facing the same issue with my DJI Mavic pro-drone.
I am also not willing to send it to the DJI officials considering the long waiting time.
Just wanted to ask you whether the pelican case solution that you tried on your drone is permanent or did the issue arrived again in your drone.
Because if the issue arises again then it is better to send the drone for repair/replacement to the DJI officials

Thanks
Superindian Vlogs
2017-10-25
Use props
punkz
New
India

Any one has got a solution here? Got condensation inside lens after 2 minutes of fan operation. when its off ,goes back to normal.cant shoot anything...any suggestions would be helpful.
2017-10-30
Use props
djiuser_yviHMlO
New
United Kingdom

Ive had my drone for a few months and only had it in the air a few times. During the last 2 flights the lens has been getting covered with fog / condensation after about 5 /10 mins in the air which is ruining the footage and is unusable.

On both occasions it has been quite cold outside, but even still surely this should be happening

I contacted DJi online and they seem to have standard response which is send it to them for repair, even though it's only a few month old.

Has anyone experience this and how have you fixed the issue? Is it possible that I have a faulty drone?

I've attached some photos of how it looks

2017-10-30
Use props
punkz
New
India

djiuser_yviHMlO Posted at 2017-10-30 07:12
Ive had my drone for a few months and only had it in the air a few times. During the last 2 flights the lens has been getting covered with fog / condensation after about 5 /10 mins in the air which is ruining the footage and is unusable.

On both occasions it has been quite cold outside, but even still surely this should be happening

Same here...we all are doomed
2017-10-30
Use props
gerrymckay
New
United Kingdom

These drones should be replaced and not sent away for weeks to be fixed
2017-10-31
Use props
fans6b4ed68e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50515 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

I had the same problem. I did put it in a case full of rice for three days , then in it's Pelican case with many bags of silica for a week. The Mavic Pro stilll have the same problem. My DJI Phantom 3 Pro that it's always keept also in a Pelican case and at the same room as my Mavic does no ever had that problem. ???!!!
2018-2-22
Use props
lggomez
lvl.1
Flight distance : 50515 ft
  • >>>
Colombia

I had the same problem. I did put it in a case full of rice for three days , then in it's Pelican case with many bags of silica for a week. The Mavic Pro stilll have the same problem. My DJI Phantom 3 Pro that it's always keept also in a Pelican case and at the same room as my Mavic does no ever had that problem. ???!!!
2018-2-22
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules