2656 33 2017-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Hi anyone received Zenmuse M1 , and got it up and running, I'm awaiting shipment, just got 4th blue dot , no tracking yet , I'm off to Sweden skiing on Friday, but I don't imagine I'll have by then, but would like to if others are using it , and how it's working.
Good luck..
2017-2-7
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey hallmark,
You mean M1?  Mine is out for delivery today - will let you know.  I never received an email with tracking - just a text from Fedex saying it was being delivered with signature required.  mine shipped last Friday.  Will post pictures and video as soon as I receive.
2017-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dennish Posted at 2017-2-7 13:07
Hey hallmark,
You mean M1?  Mine is out for delivery today - will let you know.  I never received an email with tracking - just a text from Fedex saying it was being delivered with signature required.  mine shipped last Friday.  Will post pictures and yesy video as soon as I receive.

Sorry corrected that , thank you, look forward to seeing and hearing about it.
2017-2-7
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-7 13:27
Sorry corrected that , thank you, look forward to seeing and hearing about it.

Received, took about 5 minutes to setup and get working.  Put on handle, balance, connect via bluetooth, update firmware, shot video.  Firmware upgrade took the longest, about 3 minutes.  Like that I can use Moviepro instead of the default app.  Need to work on calibration as it always wants to point up, my fault for rushing through the setup.  If I adjust with joystick, works perfect.

Now to shot some video.
2017-2-7
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Pictures...

[img]http://www.nu-digital.com/osmo/3.jpg/img]

2017-2-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Hey Dennish, that looks great, happy days making videos with that, can't wait for mine.

Thanks for the pics and info. Good luck and enjoy..
2017-2-7
Use props
ojaiimages
lvl.1
Flight distance : 17356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have mine. Ordered 1/7 and received yesterday.
2017-2-7
Use props
frypan
lvl.3
Australia

Interesting. Why are you guys getting this? Ditching the X3 for your smartphone camera? Why?
2017-2-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

frypan Posted at 2017-2-9 02:16
Interesting. Why are you guys getting this? Ditching the X3 for your smartphone camera? Why?

No abandoning, love my z3 , just another tool in the bag..
2017-2-9
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I use it for times when I need the active tracking and ability to use third party apps like MoviePro on my iPhone.
2017-2-9
Use props
Cephas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1949820 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use it for the moving timelapse's and in low,light situations. I have a iPhone 7+ and the low light performance is much better then the X3.
2017-2-9
Use props
straycats
New
France

Does anyone know if the M1 works with the Osmo Z-Axis?
2017-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

straycats Posted at 2017-2-11 16:01
Does anyone know if the M1 works with the Osmo Z-Axis?

Yes it works just fine, bit of work getting it balanced, but it's fine..
2017-2-11
Use props
dennish
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-11 16:05

Really - how'd you get it balanced - what phone you use?  I can't adjust mine with an iPhone 6 plus.  Too heavy?
2017-2-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

dennish Posted at 2017-2-11 16:30
Really - how'd you get it balanced - what phone you use?  I can't adjust mine with an iPhone 6 plus.  Too heavy?

iPhone 7, you can use something like this guy on the link , but I managed without it.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008
2017-2-11
Use props
straycats
New
France

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-2-11 16:05

Hi hallmark007, I got the heavier Z-axis today (for the X5 camera) and coupled it up with the M1, the Osmo Mobile and my Galaxy S7 Edge phone. Worked great!

This setup is slightly heavier than the Osmo+ with its lighter Z-axis and is subsequently less jumpy and less springy - much more sturdy, which I find just right!

Getting rid of the walking bobbing up & down action is something I want to master. The ninza walk on uneven ground doesn't do my 75 year old legs much good!

I went straight outside once the setup was ready and did a quick tryout - S7 Edge camera settings all on auto. See example - still bobbing a bit but Rome wasn't built in a day!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=KW0LNCjqtC4
2017-2-17
Use props
straycats
New
France

straycats Posted at 2017-2-17 06:28
Hi hallmark007, I got the heavier Z-axis today (for the X5 camera) and coupled it up with the M1, the Osmo Mobile and my Galaxy S7 Edge phone. Worked great!

This setup is slightly heavier than the Osmo+ with its lighter Z-axis and is subsequently less jumpy and less springy - much more sturdy, which I find just right!

Whoops, wrong Youtube address I think - see
2017-2-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Sweden

straycats Posted at 2017-2-17 06:45
Whoops, wrong Youtube address I think - see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KW0LNCjqtC4&feature=youtu.be

Hi Straycats, good job seems to be working, well done. I see where you got your name. Cool for cats...
2017-2-18
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94849 ft
United States

straycats Posted at 2017-2-17 06:28

since you have the osmo+ and the z-axis pro/raw, will the osmo+ work with the z-axis pro/raw?
2017-11-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I have the Osmo Mobile, that is the same right?
2017-11-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-1 23:23

Yes.......
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

In that case: YES I have it up and running.
Great piece of equipment.
The only issue is the battery life or the iPhone. That is horrible when filming. About 30-45 minutes max.
I have not tested how Movie Pro will use the battery yet.
2017-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-2 06:00
In that case: YES I have it up and running.
Great piece of equipment.
The only issue is the battery life or the iPhone. That is horrible when filming. About 30-45 minutes max.

It truly is a great video photography tool, with lots of fun stuff on it. You need to purchase the simple stand which holds the Osmo, https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-base, it is a great little add on great for timelapse and motion timelapse also can be mounted by screw fitting underneath to most tripods and works very well with active track in small areas @€10 it’s cheap as chips.

Although Osmo and Osmo+ are great cameras in good lighting outdoors, Osmo mobile works much better in lower light indoors and sound is also much better.

I use iPhone 7 no problems with battery Osmo should not be a drain on your phone battery no more so than when using your phone on its own for videoing. Osmo battery itself should last 3/4 hours.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-2 06:47
It truly is a great video photography tool, with lots of fun stuff on it. You need to purchase the simple stand which holds the Osmo, https://store.dji.com/product/osmo-base, it is a great little add on great for timelapse and motion timelapse also can be mounted by screw fitting underneath to most tripods and works very well with active track in small areas @€10 it’s cheap as chips.

Although Osmo and Osmo+ are great cameras in good lighting outdoors, Osmo mobile works much better in lower light indoors and sound is also much better.

Thanks for this tip. I did not know the base had this option to screw it on a tripod.
Is it sturdy enough to be able to use with some wind (as the Osmo Mobile is top heavy).
I was thinking about buying the Osmo Articulating Locking Arm for that and the base just for indoor use.

I found that the DJI Go app uses more battery than the default camera app. Filmic Pro is even worse.
If I may believe the Filmic Pro developers, they are working on that, but they are also complaining about some iOS 11 issues that cause battery drain on some actions.

I do 'need' 25fps shooting so either Filmic Pro or Movie Pro are needed for that.
So far DJI Go does not support 25fps.
I have not tested battery life with Movie Pro yet.
2017-11-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-2 06:57
Thanks for this tip. I did not know the base had this option to screw it on a tripod.
Is it sturdy enough to be able to use with some wind (as the Osmo Mobile is top heavy).
I was thinking about buying the Osmo Articulating Locking Arm for that and the base just for indoor use.

Yes wind can be a problem, I use movie pro for most filming it just has so many options and have no problem with battery life on phone, so maybe it’s the app.
2017-11-2
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-1 23:23

No this is not the Osmo Moblie, this is the Osmo Grip/Handle + a Zenmuse M1 which allows for better adaptability of accessories.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-2 07:09
Yes wind can be a problem, I use movie pro for most filming it just has so many options and have no problem with battery life on phone, so maybe it’s the app.

I am going to try that soon and maybe refund my Filmic Pro.
Thanks so far.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Felipe Olvera Posted at 2017-11-2 07:22
No this is not the Osmo Moblie, this is the Osmo Grip/Handle + a Zenmuse M1 which allows for better adaptability of accessories.

Aha.
So the grip is different.
On my gimbal there is M1, so that part should be the same I guess
2017-11-2
Use props
Felipe Olvera
lvl.2
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-2 07:39
Aha.
So the grip is different.
On my gimbal there is M1, so that part should be the same I guess

Yeah so on the Osmo Mobile, the gimbal part is the same, the difference is the connection. On the osmo mobile the connection of the gimbal is fixed to the handle. On the Osmo Grip it is not fixed to the Zenmuse m1.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Felipe Olvera Posted at 2017-11-2 09:25
Yeah so on the Osmo Mobile, the gimbal part is the same, the difference is the connection. On the osmo mobile the connection of the gimbal is fixed to the handle. On the Osmo Grip it is not fixed to the Zenmuse m1.

I can detach my gimbal.
At least unscrew it.
I have not tried detaching it completely.
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

Ah, I see. It is not ment to be detached in everyday use. Only for repair I guess
2017-11-2
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-11-2 07:09

Movie pro performs much better on the batterylife.
5 min = 1%
On Filmic Pro that is about 10%
2017-11-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-11-2 13:31
Ah, I see. It is not ment to be detached in everyday use. Only for repair I guess

Yes, please do not detach the gimbal in Osmo Mobile, otherwise you will not enjoy the warranty service.
2017-11-3
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-11-3 00:19
Yes, please do not detach the gimbal in Osmo Mobile, otherwise you will not enjoy the warranty service.

I will not
Thanks for the warning!
2017-11-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules