DJIGo 3.1.2 Home Point Setting Resolved (582)
2651 9 2017-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans14e29af9
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2102513 ft
United States

Look what just popped up on my Android DJI Go App screen after auto Android update 2/8/17:

"Dear Users,

An issue was detected in DJI GO for Android v3.12 (581) that may cause undesired operation of the home point setting for some users. We strongly advise you to upgrade to v3.1.2 (582) before your next flight. Failure to keep your product updated with the latest DJI software could result in the loss of your warranty and may create safety risks for your operation. If you require technical support.... Best regards, DJI"

Better late than never.

Thank you DJI.
2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

Thanks for posting.
2017-2-9
Use props
fans55244e98
New
Flight distance : 109081 ft
Brazil

Hello, where can I download it?
2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

This is probably it right here since it says 3.1.2 was updated Feb 7, 2017.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=dji.pilot&hl=en
2017-2-9
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Just performed a simple test.
I have a Samsung Tab A with DJI 3.1.2 (581) that I have not flown with. When starting the app, it would locate my RC 2.5 miles to the west of my location.  I updated to todays 3.1.2 (582) and it now locates the RC within 100 feet of my position.
While this isn't conclusive as I wasn't connected to RC or AC, it appears to be performing as it should.  
I'll still wait for others to flry it.
BTW - the HERE maps are still HERE!
I'll continue to fly with 2.9.1 on my Samsung S5. No issues with that configuration so far.
2017-2-9
Use props
Pugsley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Yep Just updated mine.. here's a before and after (581 Top, 582 Bottom) of my controller reported position..

https://goo.gl/photos/VKnkp7Uy329fGNpk6
2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

I thought the problem with 3.1.2 is that it caused unwanted and incorrect home point updates...

Why are the last two posts discussing RC locations?  
2017-2-9
Use props
Pugsley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Because I think 581's handling of GPS cord's overall was screwed up whether it was Craft or Controller, but who knows?  there's a possibility the HP was resetting off either incorrect one.   
2017-2-9
Use props
Palladous
lvl.3
Flight distance : 102185 ft
United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-2-9 12:04
I thought the problem with 3.1.2 is that it caused unwanted and incorrect home point updates...

Why are the last two posts discussing RC locations?

Mark,
What I have seen is that the RC location (blue dot) is initially off in the distance and not where you are standing. This causes the distance to be very high, which has been reported.  When RTH is triggered the initial home point instantly moves to the (wrong) location of the RC. The AC then returns to that new far off point.  3.1.2 (528) now places the blue dot very close to where I stand.
Let me know if I have this wrong ....
2017-2-9
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
United States

Okay.  So you're saying that, for some reason, with 3.1.2 (581), the home point resets itself to where it thinks the RC, or more accurately, mobile device, is located.  I didn't realize this.  

So it really has two problems.  

1)  It, for some reason, shows an incorrect location of the mobile device, and

2)  Resets the homepoint to what it thinks is the location of the mobile device upon RTH

And 3.1.2 (582) fixes both these bugs.  

Thanks for explaining.
2017-2-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules