2165 14 2017-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ujjawal Animato
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6711102 ft
  • >>>
India

[size=14.6667px]Can someone explain the process to me to download offline maps so I can have an offline satellite map of where im flying while not connected to cellular? I am using android Phone.
2017-2-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

You need to cache the flight map while connected to a wifi network connection.
In the app is a tab Cache map in background, make sure that is turned on.
Bring up the map view, and slide it to the proposed flight area, where you plan to fly at.

Pinch squeeze the map to it's largest view. Scroll it around the area, beyond where you plan on flying.
After you finish, you can turn off your android device.
When you arrive at your flight area, the map should still be there, in the app.
It's not 100% effective, but most of the time it works very well.

Good luck, I hope it works for you.
& when you are back at home, and review the flight, you'll see the map in the background, regardless.

RedHotPoker

2017-2-10
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

RedHotPoker hit the nail on the head.
2017-2-10
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-10 22:30
RedHotPoker hit the nail on the head.

Aloha Jamie,

RedHot described how it is done with the P3P using DJI GO.  Are the same settings available with DJI GO 4?

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-11
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-10 22:11
You need to cache the flight map while connected to a wifi network connection.
In the app is a tab Cache map in background, make sure that is turned on.
Bring up the map view, and slide it to the proposed flight area, where you plan to fly at.

RHP, do you know where the offline maps are stored, is it on the A/C or the controller or within the App on the screen device?

Thanks.
2017-2-11
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

The maps should be stored on your device/phone. Another way of doing this is to download the app Here We Go - Offline maps from the app store, and open your map in it on wifi  just like RHP said above to cache it.
2017-2-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

liningiv Posted at 2017-2-11 06:39
RHP, do you know where the offline maps are stored, is it on the A/C or the controller or within the App on the screen device?

Thanks.

Yes, the flight map will be recorded in the device. As you don't need the drone turned on to review your flights
Just remember to have that Cache maps in background, tab set to the On position.

AFAIK, the drone has no memory, but then, I don't know how RTH works when it loses connection to the RC? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-11
Use props
s0
lvl.4
Flight distance : 153852 ft
United Kingdom

The-CROW Posted at 2017-2-11 08:04
The maps should be stored on your device/phone. Another way of doing this is to download the app Here We Go - Offline maps from the app store, and open your map in it on wifi  just like RHP said above to cache it.

Does that work?? The DJI App and the HERE App store their maps in different places in the filesystem, in Android they do anyway.
2017-2-11
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

Where's the cache map tab on Android version of Go?
Cache only seems to work if you don't turn off your mobile device.  Not an option for me since I have to power on/reboot my Galaxy Tab E if I an to fetch connection to the RC or correct intermittent loss of touch response on right side of app screen.  The touch problem only happens in the app so it isn't hardware.
2017-2-11
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

DanMan32 Posted at 2017-2-11 18:35
Where's the cache map tab on Android version of Go?
Cache only seems to work if you don't turn off your mobile device.  Not an option for me since I have to power on/reboot my Galaxy Tab E if I an to fetch connection to the RC or correct intermittent loss of touch response on right side of app screen.  The touch problem only happens in the app so it isn't hardware.

I have a P3S and there is no "Cache Map" tab that I can find.  
2017-2-12
Use props
The-CROW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 59892 ft
Lebanon

s0 Posted at 2017-2-11 13:13
Does that work?? The DJI App and the HERE App store their maps in different places in the filesystem, in Android they do anyway.

To tell you the truth I downloaded the Here We Go app on my android device and cached the map on wifi, but I still haven't tested it in flight cos due to bad weather I haven't flown recently.
2017-2-12
Use props
DanMan32
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2489501 ft
United States

You can always test by turning off your WiFi and reboot your Android, then start up the DJI Go app and see if you get cached satellite view.
2017-2-12
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-11 03:01
Aloha Jamie,

RedHot described how it is done with the P3P using DJI GO.  Are the same settings available with DJI GO 4?

It would be the same method. Other than the separation of drones the Go 4 Supports, its functions would be the same as the first DJI Go app.
2017-2-13
Use props
djiuser_i5jvWGN
lvl.2

Australia

Does this only work on a certain version app ? I have 3.1.18 not working .
2018-1-27
Use props
djiuser_i5jvWGN
lvl.2

Australia

Android 7.1
2018-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules