DJI Go, Controller name & password - fail connection
3160 6 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
David MG
New

Mexico

Can someone help me please about this issue. I have an Inspire 1, when I try  connect with the DJI Go application, it asks for the "Remote Controller Name" and "Connetion Password", and I haven´t this data.

After, when gave a instruction on "Linking RC"  sent a message "Confirm Frequency Settings?" with just an one option box "Ok", push and does not make the connection.

I really don´t know where get those data (Name and Password).

can it possible reset the Controller (RC) and configurate again those data?

Thank you for your support.
2017-2-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

First off do you have your RC set up as the Master and Not the Slave ?  ( I think you are set up as slave and not Master  )  Be sure to have the entire system ON when going to this setting or you wont see it .  Make sure it is on Master  and not slave that should eliminate the request for the RC name and password information . This is located under the "Remote Control Settings"  of the Go App .

The linking RC and "confirm frequency" NOTIFICATION   means that  you are not on compatible firmware between the Aircraft and the RC transmitter .

Did you update the aircraft or RC ? YOU MUST NEVER UPDATE THE RC TRANSMITTER BEFORE THE AIRCRAFT , IT CAN REALLY MESS THINGS UP .  
How long have you ownded this system ? have you ever updated it ?   

Go to the "About tab " on the Go app with the entire system on and list for me all of the versions of firmware for the system , this will tell me what you should do next .   Sample below.

donnie

about page 1.8.PNG
2017-2-11
Use props
David MG
New

Mexico

Thank you Donnie for your support, and yes, I was upgrade both devices Inspire and RC on this sequence, (with actual Firmware v1.10.140), so the principal trouble that I have are I can´t connect my smartphone (DJI Go App v 3.1.3 ) with the RC. I thought that problems were the unknow data (Name & password), but I think it´s not, the first issue to resolve is connection failure.

So, tried with others usb cable, with others smartphones (differents brands)  and don´t worked. I also synchronized the Inspire with the RC manually, but it´s not the problem... still it´s can´t connect smartphone with RC through DJI Go App, I also tried connect with others apps like "Drone Deploy" and the results are same, can´t connect.

I have this system (device) since 15 days ago, because the previous technician who had it no longer works with us, so we do not know how he configured it.

Do you know how fix this issue? I really appreciate your time and support.
disconnected.png
screen 1.png
screen 2.png
2017-2-12
Use props
David MG
New

Mexico

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-11 13:40
First off do you have your RC set up as the Master and Not the Slave ?  ( I think you are set up as slave and not Master  )  Be sure to have the entire system ON when going to this setting or you wont see it .  Make sure it is on Master  and not slave that should eliminate the request for the RC name and password information . This is located under the "Remote Control Settings"  of the Go App .

The linking RC and "confirm frequency" NOTIFICATION   means that  you are not on compatible firmware between the Aircraft and the RC transmitter .

Thank you Donnie for your support, and yes, I was upgrade both devices Inspire and RC on this sequence, (with actual Firmware v1.10.140), so the principal trouble that I have are I can´t connect my smartphone (DJI Go App v 3.1.3 ) with the RC. I thought that problems were the unknow data (Name & password), but I think it´s not, the first issue to resolve is connection failure.

So, tried with others usb cable, with others smartphones (differents brands)  and don´t worked. I also synchronized the Inspire with the RC manually, but it´s not the problem... still it´s can´t connect smartphone with RC through DJI Go App, I also tried connect with others apps like "Drone Deploy" and the results are same, can´t connect.

I have this system (device) since 15 days ago, because the previous technician who had it no longer works with us, so we do not know how he configured it.

Do you know how fix this issue? I really appreciate your time and support.
disconnected.png
screen 1.png
screen 2.png
2017-2-12
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

David MG Posted at 2017-2-12 10:27

Ok , Have a family function to attend but promise I will get back with you .   Can you answer a couple questions.

If you power up the RC transmitter and the Aircraft, can you start the motors ?  
If you can start the motors than you are on compatible Firmware and the Updates are good .

When you updated the RC transmitter  did you do it via the Go app and get to version 1.7 .40 ?  the update for the RC transmitter is NOT 1.10.40  it is 1.7.40  and done via the go app.

If you updated the AC, How did you do it ?  Did the SD card give a "Success" on the card after you updated the Aircraft .

One problem you may have IF YOU CAN START THE MOTORS  is a bad HDMI module on the back of the RC.

Let me ask you this , You do have the USB cable plugged into the back of the RC transmitter and then connected to the GO app correct ?  The Disconnect  ( If it is   plugged in correctly and powered up ) usually means like I said a bad cable Or Port on the RC transmitter, Just MAKE SURE you are plugged into the back of the RC USB port .

Bottom Line of what I think :  I think You may be ON very OLD firmware that the GO APP does not recognize ( I am not sure on this of course )

I will get back with you but answer these questions please
*** Dont use other APPS for NOw , If the GO APP wpont work nothing will ( drone deploy etc )

donnie

2017-2-12
Use props
iammcq
New

United States

DJI Inspire 1. FULL BRICK NEED URGENT HELP

Hello,

I've been trying to figure out how to fix my DJI Inspire 1 for over a week now and have been on the phone with customer service for over 5 hours and still cannot resolve the problem. This is complicated so I'll explain it best I can.

I purchased the Inspire 1 used and intially was able to take it out of travel mode with one of the two remotes.
I then tried connecting it to my iphone 7 and it would only give me a "How To Connect" so I tried changing USB cables, reloading App. None of those worked
I then tried connecting with my iphone 6plus same messages, etc.
I then tried connecting with an andriod and I received a camera view option, but again nothing worked.

I click on Academy and it gives me the Equipment:N/A Firmware: N/A on all devices.

I've tried all the force resets on the remote and it still doesn't connect.

I did the relink to the craft and my remote does show green after doing reconnect, but it controls nothing. The lights are flashing red, blue, green, yellow on tail of drone.

I then update the firmware to the WM610_FW_V01.10.40.bin. Now here I can't remember if I did the remote or the craft first. I did remember hearing the correct beeps on the craft and did at one time get a successful download text in the file. The remotes I honest'y don't know. When I try to do the software again on the craft it just gives me "DD" beeps and the remotes don't do anything and I cant get a text log from them anymore.

DJI hasnt been able to help, so I'm hoping someone here can assist me.

I've searched through a ton of videos and threads to no avail. I've even tried using gs_ofdm.bin to reset my remote to an earlier firmware.

I can't get my remote with our without the use of the app to do anything with the drone even tho the connect light is green and I can't get the remote to connect to the DJI Go app with latest software.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

2017-4-16
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had intermittent "DISCONNECTED" showing on the GO APP as your screen shot shows.  I have read it is possible for the USB port on the back of the TX to go bad.  Wiggle that, and unplug/plug back in
several times.......if you get a reconnect, or even a flicker,  replace that ......it's about $99

Randy
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules