Firmware update
806 8 2017-2-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ken95360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165692 ft
United States

just wanted to clarify when you see update firmware, I click on update and it goes thru downloading and installing. I see in he videos it shows directly hooking up USB cable to the inspire to update it. Is this an alternative way of updating? Or can it be done wireless
Thanks
Ken
2017-2-11
Use props
GabeZ
lvl.3
Flight distance : 768448 ft
United States

Hello Ken,
     None of if it wireless.  You update the RC and then move the cable from RC to aircraft.  Just make sure to flip the switch on the aircraft as it's currently set to computer by default.  Also, you want to perform an aircraft update before an RC update where possible.
2017-2-11
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I'm guessing you are talking about the Inspire 2 here, in which case it would be a good idea
to put that in the title of this thread. I can see newbies trying this with their Inspire 1 and getting into all sorts of,trouble.

Mark G.
2017-2-11
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

What system do you have ?  Please be sure NOT to update the RC transmitter before the Aircraft on MOST DJI systems , this could get you in the Shi$ for sure .

Let us know  and we can get you more help if needed.

donnie
2017-2-12
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 924393 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-12 06:50
What system do you have ?  Please be sure NOT to update the RC transmitter before the Aircraft on MOST DJI systems , this could get you in the Shi$ for sure .

Let us know  and we can get you more help if needed.

Donnie, the I2 is different from I1, the I2 updates via the RC or assistant 2, either way works
2017-2-12
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

Cougar1 Posted at 2017-2-12 07:14
Donnie, the I2 is different from I1, the I2 updates via the RC or assistant 2, either way works

Hey Cougar. how do you update via rc? I thought it had to be done via USB cable.
2017-2-12
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Coigreach Posted at 2017-2-12 09:42
Hey Cougar. how do you update via rc? I thought it had to be done via USB cable.

Sorry to be precise I guess I should have said,  using USB attached to the tablet instead of just saying RC.
The process is quite different from Inspire 1 where it was not good to update RC prior to A/C.
2017-2-12
Use props
Ken95360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 165692 ft
United States

Yes I am using a inspire 2. I have since updated with he USB but reason I started this discussion is that initially I saw an update available, I clicked on update without having a USB connected to drone and it went thru downloading and then installing. Since I did not have it hooked up with he USB why would it say update complete?
2017-2-14
Use props
Cougar1
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Ken95360 Posted at 2017-2-14 07:12
Yes I am using a inspire 2. I have since updated with he USB but reason I started this discussion is that initially I saw an update available, I clicked on update without having a USB connected to drone and it went thru downloading and then installing. Since I did not have it hooked up with he USB why would it say update complete?

Most likely a battery update, fw for batteries are in the craft itself.
2017-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules