DJI GO crashing, missing flight record
3428 38 2017-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Phantomski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 14869882 ft
United States

Guys, I had a lot of app crashes lately, more than usual.

I am using NVIDIA Shield K1 tablet, which I used for quite a while - for about 2-3 months the app crashes are really bad - mind you - I just restart the app, but it's annoying.
I know that tablet is NOT on the device list, but many people use it and do not seem to have issues.

Today, when the app crashed, the flight record is missing. It DID sync to healthydrones. I also see the file on the tablet: available on google drive.

I assume the flight record got corrupt. Later I had 3 more "flights" without props at home, all 3 recorded, but the app crashed again at the end of the first "pretend flight"...

There are some crash files in the dji folder, but looking into them, I am not sure if they are of any value.

The data on the shield OS as well as DJI foirmware attached in images below.

I think I got like 4 DJI GO updates withing the last 2-3 weeks, but things just seem to go worse and worse. I will wipe the device and reinstall, but wanted to first see if there's anything that can be learned from the logs.

The logs that took are synced with DJI cloud (same email as on this account), but you will only see 3 short records on Feb 13th, there should be 4.

Thx in advance!

DJI Versions

DJI Versions

NvidiaShieldK1

NvidiaShieldK1
2017-2-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Please export the crash log, for android system, you could get it here: /sdcard/DJI/dji.pilot/LOG/CRASH, you will see the crash file.
Then upload it to Dropbox and provide us the link, we'll transfer it to our engineers for a further evaluation.
2017-2-13
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
Flight distance : 24967 ft
United Kingdom

I updated to the 3.1.3 a few days back, flew yesterday with no problems but today my DJI Go kept doing the same as Phantomski, I am using the NVidia K1 as well and thats all up to date, will be interesting to see what you guys come up with, its starts up again fine but still worrying that it might not.
2017-2-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I do not have my tablet with me, will work on the crash logs tonight. Hope to see something explained at least if not fixed. Else I guess Litchi will be the only stable option for me, but I actually do like DJI GO when it works....
2017-2-14
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

ok, just backed up my dji file, uninstalled the app, removed all dji directories, reinstalled the app.. same version, but surprisingly i cannot go into "camera" without the drone and radio hooked up - something I could do before... weird.... now is says "how to connect" - which it did not before. I have noticed such behavior before, where same dji app acted a tad different after full cleanup than before the cleanup. Will test if it's stable today or tomorrow.
The zip file is attached, readable by moderator.

Thx!

Screenshot_20170214-125132.png

CRASH.zip

10.77 KB, Read Perm: 100, Down times: 1

dji go crash directory

2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Mutley Posted at 2017-2-14 07:19
I updated to the 3.1.3 a few days back, flew yesterday with no problems but today my DJI Go kept doing the same as Phantomski, I am using the NVidia K1 as well and thats all up to date, will be interesting to see what you guys come up with, its starts up again fine but still worrying that it might not.

Please check the performance again and let us know the result.
If it persists, then please export the log as mentioned at 2# so that we can get it analyzed, thanks.
2017-2-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Phantomski Posted at 2017-2-14 12:33
ok, just backed up my dji file, uninstalled the app, removed all dji directories, reinstalled the app.. same version, but surprisingly i cannot go into "camera" without the drone and radio hooked up - something I could do before... weird.... now is says "how to connect" - which it did not before. I have noticed such behavior before, where same dji app acted a tad different after full cleanup than before the cleanup. Will test if it's stable today or tomorrow.
The zip file is attached, readable by moderator.

When connecting your tablet to remote, it shows "How to connect" or "Camera"?
I've transferred the log to our engineers, will get it analyzed.
2017-2-15
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

When I am connected it's camera, when i am NOT connected it's "how to connect" while even not connected used to show "connect" before....  not a biug deal, just mentioning it. Will test tonight. Looking forward to see if you find anything. From what I read, there were issues in android 6.0 that were fixed in android 6.01, as now Shield just moved to android 7.0, I wonder if that possibly is a factor as well....
GT
2017-2-15
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3571004 ft
Thailand

Hello

I have exactly the same issue, the app was working flawlessly since months then i updated to the last app version DJI GO 3.13, at the same time i also updated the tablet from Android 6 to Android 7. And now the app just keeps crashing randomly, sometimes not but most of time i noticed it happens when the video feed is disturbed... It never did that before. So i think it's probably relate to some compatibility issue with Android 7.
2017-2-16
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Well, i flew 2 batteries yesterday, and had the app crash 3 times.. although this time the records just got split, not corrupt. I recovered just fine, no biggie, but certainly not cool and annoying...  Being in the last month of my warranty I am considering getting dji care, but if the GO app does not work well, not sure if I want to do it and fly on Litchi.. and I certainly do not want to invest into another tablet...  
2017-2-16
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

blackmennewstyl Posted at 2017-2-16 05:48
Hello

I have exactly the same issue, the app was working flawlessly since months then i updated to the last app version DJI GO 3.13, at the same time i also updated the tablet from Android 6 to Android 7. And now the app just keeps crashing randomly, sometimes not but most of time i noticed it happens when the video feed is disturbed... It never did that before. So i think it's probably relate to some compatibility issue with Android 7.

i wish there was an easy way to roll shield back to 6.1 or 6.0.1, whatever it was...  but i am not aware of an.. "easy" way... perhaps i can find an image somewhere - but it probably would be a wipe....
2017-2-16
Use props
petyrzhan
lvl.1
China

@Phantomski I can't don't download the crash file, it has been deleted, could you upload it again?
2017-2-16
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

Phantomski Posted at 2017-2-16 07:49
i wish there was an easy way to roll shield back to 6.1 or 6.0.1, whatever it was...  but i am not aware of an.. "easy" way... perhaps i can find an image somewhere - but it probably would be a wipe....

Hi

This video shown you how to downgrade the firmware using the image provided by the developer android website.

I will definitely do it honestly.

2017-2-16
Use props
Haz (albuquerqu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

I also updated my  k1 tablet to android 7 and now the dji go app crashes on my inspire 1 . I hope this gets fixed soon i dont want to buy a new tablet. I guess the Litchi app will work ?
2017-2-18
Use props
theGrindLab.com
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1375846 ft
  • >>>
United States

Same issues here until I switched to Litchi. My K1 and Litchi are rock solid under Nougat.
2017-2-19
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Litchi is fine, but i flew 1 battery today and GO was solid.... i do not believe there was a go update.. weird!
2017-2-19
Use props
Haz (albuquerqu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 497421 ft
  • >>>
United States

Iam going to try  Litchi  for now  with my K1 and Nougat .
2017-2-20
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

My shield has been crashing midflight as well.  is there a fix for this yet?
2017-2-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

2 days, no crashes, but one thing i do is power it on like 20 min before flight, to give it time to fully come up, do it's thing....
2017-2-21
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

I finally downgraded back my Shield K1 to Marshmallow, it's very easy honestly, NVidia has made the process more easy with the last stock ISO builds.

I also installed the DJI GO app version 3.1.1.

I will test it out hoping i could fly my P4 like before without any issue.

Launcher3_20170222_083404.jpg
Settings_20170222_083226.png
DJI GO_20170222_083107.png
2017-2-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

yes, keep us posted!
2017-2-21
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Any word from DJI? Did my logs pint to anything specific? Since I had a few app crashes since i reinstalled, let me know if current logs would be useful, and i can upload them too. Hope u guys get it fixed. As much as I am beginning to like litchi, if GO works, I'd rather keep using it. Although, adding a VR mode for google cardboard would be cool ;) That is pretty cool in Litchi!
2017-2-21
Use props
fanseb85c303
lvl.3

United States

blackmennewstyl Posted at 2017-2-21 17:39
I finally downgraded back my Shield K1 to Marshmallow, it's very easy honestly, NVidia has made the process more easy with the last stock ISO builds.

I also installed the DJI GO app version 3.1.1.

Hello is there an easy way to roll back the Nvidia shield.  My go app keeps crashing since I updated to nougat?

Thanks Jason
2017-2-22
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

Bad news guys !

Apparently even you managed to downgrade your NVidia SHIELD K1 to Android Marshmallow. DJI put crazyness on a new higher level with the old versions of the DJI Go app. They will not allow you to use them. You will get this annoying tips box, whatever the old version you will install on your tablet,  it won't allow you to use the app:

It's just impossible to close it or if there is a way i can't find it.

I'm so sad...

DJI GO_20170222_202639.png
DJI GO_20170222_203418.png
2017-2-22
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

but i would expect current version to work on marshmellow better than it does on 7? Mind you, i am using litchi now, till GO stabilizes...
2017-2-22
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Mine has got no better, screen just keeps locking up all the time, I was hovering earlier and the P4 just started dropping, all I could do was push the left stick up all the way and that was enough to stop it, just. It wont hover stationary, slowly slides off and slowly starts loosing height. It also keeps trying to move away in little bursts, have recalled the IMU with no effect, do not trust the P4 at all now and frightened to fly it, these might only be small things but its enough to put you off DJI that's for sure.
2017-2-24
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I give up with mine, fed up with screen locking up or DJI Go shutting down, erratic flying behaviour, still losing height, shocking that something so expensive is basically unsafe and useless. what a waste of money.
2017-3-1
Use props
Expert Aerial S
lvl.1
Flight distance : 268051 ft
United States

I can confirm this problem.  After updating my k1 tablet to android 7, the dji go app crashes on my inspire 1 at least once every flight.

Until this problem is fixed I am switching to using Litchi for all flights using my K1.

2017-3-1
Use props
Mutley
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I am now getting 'DJI Go has stopped working' coming up on my K1 when its not even open.
2017-3-1
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Well, no changes to my Shield tablet, no DJI GO updates, and yet, flying yesterday and today I had only 1 crash, and it was before I took off... This is NOT the first time things like that happened, where it seems things have improved without any changes, even an update. I am puzzled, but overall happy. actually do like GO app. No logical explanation, but having Litchi on my phone and Go on a tablet, and both devices as well as the cables with me, I can manage. I've flipped devices and apps while in the air, with no ill effects. I only had issues when both apps lived on same device, even though, supposedly they were not active at the same time. So right now, I am crossing my fingers and hoping the stability will remain with me for now, and I am certainly looking forward to the next GO update, hoping it will be improved to work with Android 7 a bit cleaner!
2017-3-4
Use props
petyrzhan
lvl.1
Hong Kong

Phantomski Posted at 2017-3-4 19:40
Well, no changes to my Shield tablet, no DJI GO updates, and yet, flying yesterday and today I had only 1 crash, and it was before I took off... This is NOT the first time things like that happened, where it seems things have improved without any changes, even an update. I am puzzled, but overall happy. actually do like GO app. No logical explanation, but having Litchi on my phone and Go on a tablet, and both devices as well as the cables with me, I can manage. I've flipped devices and apps while in the air, with no ill effects. I only had issues when both apps lived on same device, even though, supposedly they were not active at the same time. So right now, I am crossing my fingers and hoping the stability will remain with me for now, and I am certainly looking forward to the next GO update, hoping it will be improved to work with Android 7 a bit cleaner!

@Phantomski I can't  download the crash file in 5#, it has been deleted, could you upload it again?

I had said about that in 12#, but you didn't reply. please send me the crash log, my email: petyr.zhan@dji.com
2017-3-7
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Why do u want to download my logs? That was shared only for the sake of DJI support.. nothing useful.
2017-3-8
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I wiped my Shield today, no downgrade, but started fresh, so far so good! Did not have a single crash on the GO app.. will fly more tomorrow... I have seen this, especially on Android, where a device gets worse and worse, and a wipe fixes it. There was also a new update for Nvidia Shield a few days back.. but without wipe the tablet still was a bit sluggish.. so I think the wipe did something....
GT
2017-3-9
Use props
petyrzhan
lvl.1
China

Phantomski Posted at 2017-3-8 19:59
Why do u want to download my logs? That was shared only for the sake of DJI support.. nothing useful.

I am the DJI engineer, looking my email : petyr.zhan@dji.com.

When you crash, try to update the latest version and remove the DJI Folder in your phone storage. If this solution didn't help, please send me the log file.
2017-3-13
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

petyrzhan Posted at 2017-3-13 20:22
I am the DJI engineer, looking my email : .

When you crash, try to update the latest version and remove the DJI Folder in your phone storage. If this solution didn't help, please send me the log file.

Thx. Did not catch on who u were, since the account shows "beginner". Let me see if I can find it. But honestly, since I wiped my tablet and started fresh, the crashes are relatively rare.
2017-3-18
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

Well, updated DJI GO yesterday, things actually got a bit worse... the app crashes and loses flight data. My healthy drones still has the data (so it's on the card), but the dji app does not display it.
What is the crash log dir in the latest version og GO app for Android?

Screenshot_20170325-171616.png
Screenshot_20170325-171554.png
2017-3-25
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

I did have to downgrade to Android 6, could NEVER get the app to work well in 7.x android. It kept crashing like crazy, mid flight.. went back to 6 and things are stable. My tablet is almost dedicated. I got like few additional apps but not much. I did try a wipe, that still did not help - so I would say android 7 did something weird....
2017-5-11
Use props
blackmennewstyl
lvl.2
Thailand

Great news apparently the latest DJI GO app is way more stable. I'm using my NVidia SHIELD Tablet K1 with earlier version of Android 6.0.1 and it is working like before like a pure dream, no crash, no green screen and surprisely range had improved like it used to be on the earlier version of DJI Go <3

I'm so happy, i'm using at the moment the DJI Go versio 4.1.3, just too good.

If you want your flight experience back like it used to be with the NVidia SHIELD K1, downgrade to an earlier version of Android 6, don't uprade to Android 7.

I made a complete video for downgrading the tablet, hope it will help more people. Downgrade or stick with Android 6 in earlier version, it's the only way out at the moment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xn6eul4GISU
2017-8-4
Use props
Phantomski
Second Officer
United States

i am back on android 7 and happy.. but i actually upgraded to samsung tab A 10.1, and love the big bright screen! Works perfect!
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules