DJI Care for Phantom 4 Pro ?
12Next >
3902 40 2017-2-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

I have just ordered a DJI Phantom 4 Pro (not from DJI) and was wondering how I go about getting DJI Care for it ?

It may seem likek a silly question and Im not a total noob but on the DJI webite I can only see DJI Care or Care Refresh for the Phantom 4 and not the Pro.

Any help would be a amazing as I want to get it as soon as the drone arrives so I dont miss out.

2017-2-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

DJI Phantom 4 Pro only supports DJI Care Refresh.
If you want to buy it, please open this link: http://store.dji.com/product/dji ... -pro?site=brandsite
2017-2-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It's like Natalia mentioned, the only option for the P4 Pro is DJI Care Refresh. Since you're getting it from a dealer, you'll be able to get it on the back end of your purchase if you act on it when you finally have the aircraft in your possession. Just follow the link she provided in post #2.
2017-2-14
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1064780 ft
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia, DJI are replacing my p4p it arrives tomorrow, can I purchase the DJI care refresh when it arrives ?
2017-2-15
Use props
digital
lvl.1
Flight distance : 902441 ft
United Kingdom

From what I have read... you can get the DJI Care Refresh at any point. But you will need to record a video showing the device in fully functional order following their 'script'.
2017-2-15
Use props
ProQuad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 20296870 ft
  • >>>
United States

Digital...Almost 100% correct.  You have up to 48 hours (I do believe) to "activate" the Refresh AFTER you turn on the aircraft for the first time and "register" it...after that, you are correct.
2017-2-15
Use props
phil0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

When I perchased my phantom 4 pro+ I ordered DJI care refresh the same time. Over a month has passed now and haven't had no activation codes or literature at all.  when I checked with DJI care refresh my phantom 4 pro+ isn't even covered!!!
2017-2-16
Use props
madpaddy73.opto
lvl.1

United States

what does it cover exactly ,I mean if it goes into the sea will they replace it ??
2017-2-16
Use props
sd603
lvl.2
Flight distance : 274465 ft
United States

I bought it.  Covers crashes, but you must return unit.  Sink it, fly away -- no go.

Does anyone know if you can re-up after the 1 year period?
2017-2-17
Use props
liningiv
lvl.4
Flight distance : 329409 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 19:39
If you want to buy it, please open this link: http://store.dji.com/product/dji ... -pro?site=brandsite

Hi Natalia.
I purchased my P4P from a colleague who had purchased and registered Care refresh.
Can I ask if, and how, Care Refresh an be transferred to me, the new owner.
Thanx.
2017-2-17
Use props
piowoc73
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-14 19:39

So, just to make sure I understand the procedure: if I just received a brand new P4P from a dealer today and I want to purchase Care Refresh I won't need to submit any videos, provided I buy it within 48 hours from the first power on / registration of the drone. Is that correct?
2017-2-17
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-2-17 05:39
So, just to make sure I understand the procedure: if I just received a brand new P4P from a dealer today and I want to purchase Care Refresh I won't need to submit any videos, provided I buy it within 48 hours from the first power on / registration of the drone. Is that correct?

This is what I did. Bought my P4P from the local dealer, when it arrived I registered it and at the same time I went to DJI website and bought the Refresh for it. Then I received a communication that I was covered.
2017-2-17
Use props
BashP4P+
lvl.2

United Kingdom

the literature that came with my p4p+ made it clear I had 48hrs from point of AC activation to register for the refresh.  i got mine set up within 48hrs and received confirmation via email.  Yes you must return the AC to DJI.  so not of use if the AC is lost out in the sea or in the wild without a tracker of somesort and you cant find it.   
2017-2-17
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-15 10:48
Hi Natalia, DJI are replacing my p4p it arrives tomorrow, can I purchase the DJI care refresh when it arrives ?

May I know you got it sorted out or not?
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

phil0 Posted at 2017-2-16 05:58
When I perchased my phantom 4 pro+ I ordered DJI care refresh the same time. Over a month has passed now and haven't had no activation codes or literature at all.  when I checked with DJI care refresh my phantom 4 pro+ isn't even covered!!!

Did you contact our dji care team with djicare@dji.com for this case?
Since you purchase them together, there is no need to active the refresh service manually.
If you did not contact them, please try to PM me your aircraft SN and order number, I'll look into the case for you.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

liningiv Posted at 2017-2-17 03:43
Hi Natalia.
I purchased my P4P from a colleague who had purchased and registered Care refresh.
Can I ask if, and how, Care Refresh an be transferred to me, the new owner.

The refresh service is bound with aircraft SN, you can enjoy the service, no worries.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

piowoc73 Posted at 2017-2-17 05:39

Correct, you can purchase it within 48 hours.
2017-2-19
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 00:45
May I know you got it sorted out or not?

Hi Natalia, no not got it sorted yet, I sent djicare another email this morning, last night I registered the drone which went ok, it gives you the option to add and buy the Dji care refresh, I tried several times but it still comes up wrong serial number :-(
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-19 01:43
Hi Natalia, no not got it sorted yet, I sent djicare another email this morning, last night I registered the drone which went ok, it gives you the option to add and buy the Dji care refresh, I tried several times but it still comes up wrong serial number :-(

Please try to PM me your aircraft SN, I'll confirm it with dji care team and get back to you once I get any news.
2017-2-19
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 02:09
Please try to PM me your aircraft SN, I'll confirm it with dji care team and get back to you once I get any news.

Just pm'd you the serial number Natalia :-)
2017-2-19
Use props
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

I have spent $3800 on my new drone only to activate it yesterday and jump online to find out I can't  buy DJI Care refresh for my Phantom Pro 4 +  being in Australia, is this true ?

As its seems a bit naive that the USA are the only ones that seem to get a chance for this extra cover.
2017-2-19
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Perhaps that is why I cant activate mine here in the UK ? is it really only in USA ?
2017-2-19
Use props
fredq2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 133287 ft
United States

If in the US, consider State Farm personal property insurance. I insured 2 P3Ps for $60/year. Search the forum for State Farm.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

phil0 Posted at 2017-2-16 05:58

We'll send you an e-mail soon, please check whether it's fine, thanks.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-19 03:57
Perhaps that is why I cant activate mine here in the UK ? is it really only in USA ?

To locate the case, may I know where you got it replaced?
If you sent the original aircraft to our DJI service center and got the replacement, please provide us your case number, it's like CAS-XXXXXX-XXXXXX, thanks so much.
2017-2-19
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

peecee Posted at 2017-2-19 03:18
I have spent $3800 on my new drone only to activate it yesterday and jump online to find out I can't  buy DJI Care refresh for my Phantom Pro 4 +  being in Australia, is this true ?

As its seems a bit naive that the USA are the only ones that seem to get a chance for this extra cover.

When you open the link I posted at 2# and choose "Australia" at the right-top corner, then put in your aircraft SN, do you have any error message on the page?
If you get any errors, please upload a screenshot here.
Here is the link again: http://store.dji.com/product/dji-care-refresh-phantom-4-pro
2017-2-19
Use props
peecee
lvl.1

Australia

So it turns out I put my serial number in and it's been activated for more than 48 hours I literally have missed this by maybe 30 mins max and this is only due to crap Australian internet being down for most of te evening.

Can I still purchase it even thou the drone has not been started up for 1 second by uploaded the video thing mentioned on the site ?
2017-2-20
Use props
phil0
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-19 19:04
We'll send you an e-mail soon, please check whether it's fine, thanks.

DJI Natalia

Received DJI care refresh service agreement this morning.  Perfect. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.
2017-2-20
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have been trying all weekend but it come up that I am entering the wrong serial number, I tried tonight just to give it a go and now it says I can't have care refresh because it is after 48 hours, I sent a email to djicare@dji.com they replied this morning asking for screen shots of the problem but as yet not heard back, I will not fly this new p4p until I know if I can get the care refresh
2017-2-20
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

phil0 Posted at 2017-2-20 10:19
DJI Natalia

Received DJI care refresh service agreement this morning.  Perfect. Thanks very much for your help, much appreciated.

Great, nice to know that.
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

peecee Posted at 2017-2-20 02:46
So it turns out I put my serial number in and it's been activated for more than 48 hours I literally have missed this by maybe 30 mins max and this is only due to crap Australian internet being down for most of te evening.

Can I still purchase it even thou the drone has not been started up for 1 second by uploaded the video thing mentioned on the site ?

Yes, you need submit it here: https://repair.dji.com/en/djicare/customerupload
2017-2-21
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Snowwolfwarrior Posted at 2017-2-20 11:42
I have been trying all weekend but it come up that I am entering the wrong serial number, I tried tonight just to give it a go and now it says I can't have care refresh because it is after 48 hours, I sent a email to  they replied this morning asking for screen shots of the problem but as yet not heard back, I will not fly this new p4p until I know if I can get the care refresh

Sorry I did not get the information needed at #25, thus making it a little difficult to follow up your case.
2017-2-21
Use props
Snowwolfwarrior
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Hi Natalia this is the case number DJI replaced with a new p4p

CAS-425358-H8N2Y4
2017-2-21
Use props
Avioscape
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319262 ft
United Kingdom

Don't waste your money..I have just had the most unpleasant experience with them!
2017-6-10
Use props
Avioscape
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Its a wonderful , fantastic experience, go ahead and waste your money!
2017-6-10
Use props
Avioscape_1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have just had a bad experience with this so my advice would be to hold back and pay a little extra for normal insurance with a company who respond coherently to your claim.
2017-7-2
Use props
Avioscape_1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Quite Simply. My advice is to avoid. Bad experience!
2017-7-2
Use props
Tarkington Stud
lvl.1
Spain

Avioscape_1 Posted at 2017-7-2 00:47
I have just had a bad experience with this so my advice would be to hold back and pay a little extra for normal insurance with a company who respond coherently to your claim.

We are looking into it before activating our new P4P... If I can put it on my same policy that covers my studio (and speak to people in my own tongue who fully understand a complex issue, better). AND, I can be sure if my P4P is being replaced, it's being replaced by a brand new one that I bought myself, not some used model DJI pulled off a pile somewhere (that's not even my original craft if repair was possible).
2017-9-14
Use props
The Pilot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22890 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

What is the exact reason DJI Care is not availible for the P4 Pro, but for a few certain models?

To me the DJI Care sounds better than the Care refresh since on Care refresh one needs to pay to get a replacement.

And also what is the cost that is needed to be paid in the event of a replacement of the P4 Pro?
It doesnt specify any amount?
2017-11-8
Use props
Avioscape
lvl.1
United Kingdom

The Pilot Posted at 2017-11-8 04:32
What is the exact reason DJI Care is not availible for the P4 Pro, but for a few certain models?

To me the DJI Care sounds better than the Care refresh since on Care refresh one needs to pay to get a replacement.

DJI's terms of engagement with respect to replacement/repairs ets are worded very carefully but extremely vague. There are situations on DJI care refresh where you still have to pay a considerable sum to possibly get a reconditioned replacement.  In addition, the long distance communications with China and the time delays are frustrating, with the person replying not really fully understanding your issues. For these reasons I decided to research and adopt a reliable DJI backed repair centre in the UK and to take out professional drone insurance. The repair centre are fast efficiant and understand the problems without being too expensive for everyday simple repairs and the insurance cover is 2-3 times the price of DJI care refresh but I am more confident that the cover is secure and unambiguous.
2017-12-3
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules