592 7 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf27541a8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 543885 ft
Brazil

Hi Guys,

I usually fly on weekend, what does it better?

Keep the battery with remaining charge (after flight) until next friday and then, do a full charge to flying saturday?

After flights, recharge until 50% and then, on friday full charge to fly saturday? Can this reduce the battery lifetime?

After flights, full recharge and keep this (100%) until the flight on the next saturday?

Many thanks

Eduardo

2017-2-16
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I like to keep mine at 50% or slightly above.  So if I fly a battery below 50, I charge it soon after the flight (after it cools a bit) so that the first two lamps are solid and the third lamp is blinking green.

I then charge it just before I fly.  
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I always recharge my batteries as I never know when I'll need them even if I don't expect to use them for another week. I have the discharge set for 10 days and if I don't use them for a few weeks then the auto-discharge will take care of them.
As for charging them to 50% after each use them charging them again the night before you use them, I don't know if it would prolong the life (maybe a tiny fraction) but for me it's the convenience of charging them after use then not having to worry about it anymore.
2017-2-16
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

I do the same routine as DJI-Ken. If I need to grab the drone for an interesting emerging flight, I may not have time to recharge and then hope to get the interesting video or pic.

There are those rare times where I Just want to fly in a hurry  and not have to wait for nearly an hour for the opportunity to capture the event.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-16
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm win Ken & RHP, I charge after flight, with discharge set to 10 days. And quite often I'll cycle a battery through flight sim or just checking things out with firmware/App'.
2017-2-16
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Aardvark Posted at 2017-2-16 13:35
I'm win Ken & RHP, I charge after flight, with discharge set to 10 days. And quite often I'll cycle a battery through flight sim or just checking things out with firmware/App'.

It's unanimous - same here! Go with the numbers and the DJI-Ken advice!

And have you guys noticed that the last LED is always like waiting for the kettle to boil? It just keeps blinking, and blinking, and blinking, and finally...
2017-2-16
Use props
Focus4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2436886 ft
United States

The DJI charging hub http://store.dji.com/product/phantom-4-battery-charging-hub has a switch on it for "charging" or "storage" of the batteries. In the storage mode it charges the batteries to 50%. After I fly, I put all of my batts on the hub and charge them to the storage level. On Friday night I charge them to full, and fly at the crack of dawn on Saturday. I have read in many places that storing them at about 50% is the correct way to go, and obviously DJI agrees.
2017-2-16
Use props
Focus4
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2436886 ft
United States

Now, for the Inspire batteries I use at work, we have about two dozen of them. We keep at least 10 (that's how many fit in our travel case) charged at all times, and the rest at 50%. We do a lot of travel, and the airlines will not let you take a battery on a plane with a charge over 50%. So, the way we do it, we're always ready for local work and for travel. Also, we have the discharge on those batteries set at 3 days. Battery maintenance is a constant process for us.
2017-2-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules