DJI - Time to come clean on shipping dates
1678 16 2017-2-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Desert Toad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1176624 ft
United States

I believe the least DJI can do is tell us the truth.  How does this "lottery" type system of shipping really work?  Some ordered Monday and received their shipment already.  Others have been waiting over a month.  I ordered over a week ago when the webiste said 7-10 days and I'm still told it will be March 15th, which is 25 working days (25 is more than 7 or 10, actually more than 7 plus 10).  Currently the DJI store says it will ship in 3-5 days.  So should I cancel my 25 day sheduled order and place a new one with just a 3-5 shipping window?   Does DJI understand that this makes absolutely zero sense?

If I call their California phone number, its just a robot giving out websites and email addresses.  If I send an email, I get an automated response telling me they are busy and it might be awhile before I get an answer.  If I do a chat, they do not understand much at all.

So DJI, how about the truth on shipping dates?

2017-2-16
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

It was stated before but here is the real scoope... Take a LOOOOOOOONG breath and wait in line. It is like when you visit China, there is no concept of time....If you can't wait cancel your order, otherwise let DJI surprise you with the arrival date it might a nice Christmas gift after all...
2017-2-16
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
United States

Maybe they shoudn't have been so quick to take my money.  
2017-2-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

We are aware of your case, we splitted the order for you and sent you an e-mail to explain that.
Sorry for the trouble caused and appreciate for you support, hope you can receive it soon and enjoy it.
2017-2-17
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
United States

Thank you for the reply, glad it was finally taken care of.
2017-2-17
Use props
marylanduavboy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 36 ft
United States

I'm also in the same boat haven't heard nothing from dji and the online chat doesn't help cause they don't understand
2017-2-18
Use props
fansc99d8500
lvl.1
United States

All I can do is wait I ordered mine on Valentine's Day. Seems to be a gamble. Some people get lucky... some wait for months
2017-2-18
Use props
DJI IJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 21519 ft
United States

hey everyone.

so i ordered on the 16th of feb seeing as how a couple of days ago the estimated shipping time become 1-3 days.

i chatted with dji today and sent them an email asking when my order would ship out of curiosity.

they told me it would take until march 10th to ship.
pretty upset
2017-2-18
Use props
PhaseshiftR
lvl.1
United States

DJI IJD Posted at 2017-2-18 19:38
hey everyone.

so i ordered on the 16th of feb seeing as how a couple of days ago the estimated shipping time become 1-3 days.

I wonder why it takes so long Thanks for the update man
2017-2-18
Use props
TimmysDad
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1412917 ft
  • >>>
United States

For some time I've been reading on this Forum the stories of long wait times for the Mavic.  A few weeks ago I received an email from DJI saying if I were to purchase directly from DJI I'd receive it in a very short time.  I took advantage of the offer, ordered last week and in about 8 days had a new Mavic shipped directly from China via FedEx.  Is it possible to cancel orders that have been placed weeks or months ago and order directly from DJI?  The current system doesn't seem very fair to those who ordered long ago.  My two cents worth.  Hopefully everyone will get what they ordered soon.
2017-2-18
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
United States

Well, mine finally arrive today.  Ordered on Feb. 8th, came from China.  The problem was ordering an extra battery which is supposedly backordered so my entire would have taken a month.  DJI split the order and it shipped the 15th.  Now I hope it doesn't have any of the problems I've been reading about!
2017-2-22
Use props
Desert Toad
lvl.2
United States

It's perfect![

2017-2-22
Use props
fh-hillsboro
lvl.1
Flight distance : 140112 ft
United States

Ordered on 2/5, shipped on 2/15, arrived on 2/17.  Fly More Combo.  Pretty fast IMHO.
2017-2-23
Use props
TKahler
New
Flight distance : 52 ft
United States

I ordered my Mavic on the 2-14-17, but I haven't heard a thing. When I ordered it, their website said shipping would occur within 1-3 days of order. Every time I use the chat I get a different answer, with the most common answer being "I don't know when it will ship". Expectations were poorly set.

Is anyone able to actually look into my order?
2017-2-24
Use props
Mikel-PNW
lvl.3
Flight distance : 133642 ft
United States

Ordered mine Feb 14th, Got it 5 days later... i guess i was lucky.
2017-2-25
Use props
TKahler
New
United States

DJI Natalia,

Can you help figure out why my order is taking so long? I'm fine with splitting up my order to the get the drone faster if that's what it takes. I'm going on vacation soon and I want to be able to take the drone.

Order: 0018101398078

Thank you,
Travis
2017-2-27
Use props
TKahler
New
United States

I finally got an email with the shipping details. Thanks DJI for pushing this along.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules