Slow writing error
1225 2 2017-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

So i have a 64 gig Sandisk Ultra micro SD card XC I Class 10 ? card....and occasionally i'm gettting slow writing showing up in the display. Ive formatted it in the aircraft ....is it just not a fast enough card? it doesn't do it constantly, so i'm wondering if it just has to do with how much stuff is in the viewfinder? the video doesn't turn out very good sometimes, very soft around the edges and total lack of detail. I'm shooting at 4k 60 fps. i'm going to Arkansas next weekend so i'd like to resolve this before then hopefully...any ideas or suggestions?
2017-2-19
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

First of all, yes, the card is too slow. The Ultra series was always borderline on the P3 aircraft, so it is less suitable for the P4. Try getting a Sandisk Extreme series card or an Extreme Pro.

Secondly, the speed of the card has absolutely no effect on the quality of the recorded image.

2017-2-19
Use props
Jasonstarbird
lvl.2
Flight distance : 116998 ft
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-2-19 14:29
First of all, yes, the card is too slow. The Ultra series was always borderline on the P3 aircraft, so it is less suitable for the P4. Try getting a Sandisk Extreme series card or an Extreme Pro.

Secondly, the speed of the card has absolutely no effect on the quality of the recorded image.

awesome, thanks! I love their naming conventions....
2017-2-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules