Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha,

Has anyone else noticed their Here Maps and satellite images are loading real fast now.  My P3P, P4 and P4 Pro using DJI GO and DJI GO 4 are all loading as fast or almost as fast as Google Earth images used to load.

The latest firmware and app versions seem to be doing the job.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
Nigel_
Second Officer
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

I also noticed the maps loading offline now even after powering off the tablet.  So I guess they are now properly cached on your device.
Although there was no satellite photo I was able to check the home point was approximately correct, maybe I just hadn't cached the satellite photo for that area.
2017-2-22
Use props
SupraLB
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1594 ft
United States

Mine have always loaded fast.  Its fun looking at them and seeing how my city used to look like 5 years ago.   
2017-2-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Maps have never been an issue here. Same as before. Awesome. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-2-22 10:01
Maps have never been an issue here. Same as before. Awesome. ;-)

Aloha RedHot,

Well, this is all good to hear.  We had a difficult time here and living in a mountainous, rural area without very many roads, orientation has been a problem - except for the Return to Home line.

Only this week have we been able to get good maps quickly.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
JackA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 32057 ft
United States

Here Maps must be less than one year old as the boat launch area in my community was rebuilt last summer and it shows on my Here Maps.  The satellite image is still pretty grainy in the most zoomed in modes but not bad at about three to four levels out from full zoom in.  Fortunately for me, this is about the level of zoom I use to fly.  I usually have the map in "map" mode so the satellite image is not that important to me.
2017-2-22
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
  • >>>
United States

JackA Posted at 2017-2-22 18:01
Here Maps must be less than one year old as the boat launch area in my community was rebuilt last summer and it shows on my Here Maps.  The satellite image is still pretty grainy in the most zoomed in modes but not bad at about three to four levels out from full zoom in.  Fortunately for me, this is about the level of zoom I use to fly.  I usually have the map in "map" mode so the satellite image is not that important to me.

Aloha Jack,

Obviously Here Maps has a lot of ground to cover before they can hold a candle to Google Maps.  Good to hear that it is working for you.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-22
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Cetacean Posted at 2017-2-22 14:23
Aloha RedHot,

Well, this is all good to hear.  We had a difficult time here and living in a mountainous, rural area without very many roads, orientation has been a problem - except for the Return to Home line.

Yes, it often surprises me.  Not sure how old they are, but fairly up to date.

RedHotPoker
2017-2-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules