1549 10 2017-2-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

When teasing the GSP app today I noticed my exposure was blown out because I use manual mode for the video settings. There seems no way to change the settings for the camera (X5).
I also opened the go app and then changed the camera settings from there and went back to the GSP app to see if it worked?  Sure enough it did but its not recommended to have both open according to DJI, I don't know if  this is a feature to come DJI but it is one needed unless you just are using the GSP app as a toy?

Ricci
2017-2-22
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

When you switched between the Go app and GS Pro, would the Go app be running in the background or did you close it out?
2017-2-22
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-22 23:02
When you switched between the Go app and GS Pro, would the Go app be running in the background or did you close it out?

Hi,
I kept it running so if the GSP had a problem I could switch back to the go app. I did however start with just the GSP but turned the Go app on to change the camera settings.

Ricci
2017-2-23
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Another test today to see if it was my lack of familiarity with GSP but no, there is no way to see how to change the camera settings, You can use the roll wheel but you can't see what you're doing. Also one very annoying thing if you press the video trigger button it makes a sound like the camera shutter, you just can't see if the video is running.

I don't think this software is ready for market...

ricci
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

ricci2 Posted at 2017-2-24 15:31
Another test today to see if it was my lack of familiarity with GSP but no, there is no way to see how to change the camera settings, You can use the roll wheel but you can't see what you're doing. Also one very annoying thing if you press the video trigger button it makes a sound like the camera shutter, you just can't see if the video is running.

I don't think this software is ready for market...

GS Pro was mostly made for complete automation of both flight and camera control. Having that kind of free range is more of a secondary necessity at the moment. I can agree that it can be cumbersome to switch from the GSP to the Go app to ensure the camera is set up to your needs, I did pass the information along to hopefully make GSP a little more 'well rounded' in that regard.
2017-2-25
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 00:39
GS Pro was mostly made for complete automation of both flight and camera control. Having that kind of free range is more of a secondary necessity at the moment. I can agree that it can be cumbersome to switch from the GSP to the Go app to ensure the camera is set up to your needs, I did pass the information along to hopefully make GSP a little more 'well rounded' in that regard.

thanks Jamie. I also found if I changed focus to the go app to mod the camera and then changed focus back to the GSP, it  would not take control until I shut down the go app. I could have the Go app open then open GSP for it to take focus but as soon as you went back to the Go app it lost focus to the GSP. Good thing is the Go app could be relied upon to take over if something went wrong.  one other thing, the GSP app had no audible indication the home point had been set before takeoff. one last point, when you request RTH, there is no way to cancel the landing unlike the go app with the on screen options. You say the GSP was designed for automated use, however how could an operator focus the camera.
I realise I am being pedantic but with no way to set the camera up this software is not able to function as more than a clever toy, it's not a professional accessory for any of your range, sorry but true.
If I have any of this wrong please feel free to educate me, I am not a proud person.
Jamie you spend time looking at all that is wrong with the DJI products, day in day out, how do you keep sane!!!!

thanks for listening

Ricci
2017-2-25
Use props
Upthedowns
lvl.3
Flight distance : 288353 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-2-25 00:39

Jamie, that statement may be true fir waypoint and mapping functions but is patently not the case for virtual fence.  VF mode is designed to maintain the drone in a defined area so that the pilot can carry out his task.  There us no automation of camera operations in VF so why is the camera use so limited in this function?
2017-4-2
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

Are you using the latest version of GS Pro (1.2.1) ?
The camera controls/settings can be viewed on screen if you maximise camera view. The only thing that doesn't appear to work is the back buttons C1 & C2 if you have customised options set.
2017-4-2
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
  • >>>
France

Hi
I have just updated to the latest version and found they have improved things, not tested yet.

ricci
2017-4-3
Use props
DrawsWithLight.
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2136716 ft
United Kingdom

Phantom-Paul 7 Posted at 2017-4-2 21:00
Are you using the latest version of GS Pro (1.2.1) ?
The camera controls/settings can be viewed on screen if you maximise camera view. The only thing that doesn't appear to work is the back buttons C1 & C2 if you have customised options set.

Have you tried shooting in RAW, I couldn't get it to work this weekend
2017-4-3
Use props
Phantom-Paul 7
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2551634 ft
Australia

I had a quick test flight last night and had full control of most camera functions  IE eg: could select raw , jpg , raw & jpg .  The right hand control dial allowed full control of shutter speed and ISO as usual.
The only things missing were the c1  & c2 switch functions and the alignment grid options.
I am using  a P3 Pro and a P3 Adv just incase the type of AC is having any effect.  
2017-4-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules