DJI Go App thinks I have Phantom 3
1411 15 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511171 ft
United States

I didn't fly my Phantom 4 for about a month and when I finally did I was forced to do the app update to DJI 4.0. Now when I turn on the controller/App it says I have a Phantom 3. I contacted DJI and the have me press buttons on the controller in sequence and turn the controller off and back on which did work once but not no more. Also I must mention in the month of not flying I did send my controller to MAXX UAV to have the ITELITE Range Booster ITE-DBS02.2 installed on my controller. Can anyone help??
2017-2-23
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'll go back to MAXX UAV and see what did they screw up with their OEM installation?
2017-2-23
Use props
JBinFla
lvl.2
United States

I had this happen.  Uninstall the app, reinstall and that fixed it for me.
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What mobile device you are using for the aircraft?
Deleting the APP and re-installing it makes any sense?
2017-2-24
Use props
Nm3hGcgJjYs7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 511171 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-24 02:46
What mobile device you are using for the aircraft?
Deleting the APP and re-installing it makes any sense?

I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6. Everything was working fine the month before. I dont know if its the update or the MAXX UAV antenna thats causing the issue.
2017-2-24
Use props
denyed
New

Canada

Nm3hGcgJjYs7 Posted at 2017-2-24 04:16
I am using a Samsung Galaxy Tab A6. Everything was working fine the month before. I dont know if its the update or the MAXX UAV antenna thats causing the issue.

This is exactly what my P4 did as well. I was thinking it was a firmware issue, but I think you actually could be right. Does your P4 also spin up and down 6 times and then on the 7th fan spin up it stays on? If it ever lets me into the DJI Go 4 app, it tells me that my SD card doesn't work and my camera has no display.

I can still use the RC to start the motors and control the gimbal/camera. And here I thought I was alone in my misery. Now I am trying to deal with DJI support. I am considering just throwing away the P4 it's so painful.
2017-2-24
Use props
Maxxgold
lvl.2
Flight distance : 19157 ft
United States

JBinFla Posted at 2017-2-23 17:53
I had this happen.  Uninstall the app, reinstall and that fixed it for me.

I would do this and reinstall your firmware before doing anything else.
2017-2-24
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Nm3hGcgJjYs7 Posted at 2017-2-24 04:16

You install the latest android system for the Samsung or not?
Would you mind trying other devices to check the performance?
2017-2-25
Use props
Sprtbkrydr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3777011 ft
United States

Why does it matter if it shows its a P3?? Mine has done the same thing ever since I upgraded to version 03 of the Go app but everything works fine so I'm not worried about it.
2017-2-26
Use props
fanscfd23327
New
Flight distance : 248087 ft
United States

Same problem with my p4, says it's a p3 and have no video. Will fly blind but I bought for taking video. Customer service is terrible. Told me to use another device after I told them that I already have tried my Samsung s6 edge and mt tab 8. Both do same thing and I'm getting upset that there seems to be no solution other then sending it away, who has time for that
2017-6-7
Use props
fans29d8b6aa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 251165 ft
Bangladesh

I do also have the same issue since updated the last released firmware. Dji Go 4 app detect my P4 sometimes as P3 Pro and sometimes as P4 Adv. Also DJI Assistant 2 is not detecting my aircraft since the upgrade.
Pls advise me further as dji VS advise me to send the aircraft to them.
2017-6-8
Use props
DB-Photo
New
Flight distance : 22710 ft

Canada

I have the same problem too, I have 2 P4 and only 1 of the two is recognized by the application as a P3PRO. The camera and the memory card are no longer accessible

My mobile is a Galaxy S5 NEO and I use DJI GO4 but with the drone in trouble I can only use DJI GO.

With the DJI assistant 2 it is detected as a P4 but impossible to do a downgrade of the frimware or factory reset

I tried to link my other remote, successfully, but still the same problem. The two remote controls work very well with the P4 that has no problem.

Can you help me ?
2017-6-23
Use props
DB-Photo
New

Canada

Here is a pic of my problem
2017-6-23
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I had this happen when I was installing a gimbal on my p4. The ribbon wire to the gimbal from the board inside the gimbal trey popped off when I was putting the gimbal back on and I didnt notice it. The go 4 app told me I had a p3 and I needed the go app. I plugged the ribbon wire back in and it was fine after that.
2017-6-23
Use props
DB-Photo
New

Canada

Duchunter Posted at 2017-6-23 17:55
I had this happen when I was installing a gimbal on my p4. The ribbon wire to the gimbal from the board inside the gimbal trey popped off when I was putting the gimbal back on and I didnt notice it. The go 4 app told me I had a p3 and I needed the go app. I plugged the ribbon wire back in and it was fine after that.

tks ! i'll check that today !
2017-6-24
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DB-Photo Posted at 2017-6-24 03:13
tks ! i'll check that today !

If you havent recently installed a gimbal I wouldnt think thats the problem. The ribbon wire and power supply quick connect usually have a metal bracket screwed down over the top of them to keep them in place. I just had not put it back on because i still had a motor to replace. It was coming back apart so I didnt bother. If you have replaced your gimbal, definately check it out.

2017-6-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules