DJI Go App shuts down randomly!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mlash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 572536 ft
United States

I have a P3A and just got my nVidia  K1 and upgraded to Nougat and then wiped/reset to factory settings. After the upgrade and the reset, I installed the DJI Go App  and went out to fly. The DJI Go App stopped 2 times for no apparent  reason (just closed, I don't think it's crashing) in my first flight and I had to restart the App (no problems  restarting the app in mid-air, but it is a hassle). At first I thought it was the nvidia k1 or possibly the DJI Go app itself but now I'm leaning toward maybe a controller issue or something of the like.

When the App shuts down with the nvidia I don't get any notifications about a crash, it just goes back to the tablet homescreen. I then choose the DJI Go app icon again and it will start back up and everything is fine (I do this in mid flight and everything is normal again).

App 3.1.3
Version 1.5.30+
Remote Cont. 1.8.0
nVidia K1 Nougat7.0

2017-2-23
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha mlash,

Your problem has the nVidia Shield K1 upgrade to Nougat 7.0 as a major component.  So far I have been lucky but others are really having a hard time.  Some have been able to roll-back to 6.0.1 (and lower) to wait out the solution.

In my case, everything is working real well except when I get anywhere near even what had previously been, the slightest interference.  Somehow, in my case, only the real obvious interference is causing my app to shut down.  Even during the precheck I am getting more and consistent warnings of interference.

There is something in the operation between DJI GO and Nougat that has made it very susceptible to interference.  Look at your flying environment and see if there are sources of interference that you can avoid.  Let us know if you find cause and effect.

Look on this Forum for the nVidia Shield K1 threads indicating your problem.  They discovered the Nougat problem the day I upgraded my nVidia Shield K1!  Fortunately I live in the mountain jungle and the only interference is obvious so I noticed that it was part of the problem.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-2-23
Use props
mlash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 572536 ft
United States

Aloha Cetacean,

Thanks for your reply. You are right, I am going to have to rollback. I have a ZTE Max Pro and just got done with a flight and I had absolutely no problems with the App turning off. I kinda knew that it was going to be a problem but everyone was saying that it you do a wipe/and factory reset that there would be no problems. I can verify that there is a problem with the Nougat 7.0 and the DJI Go App.

Thanks for your help Cetacean!
2017-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules