Remote didnt get fully charged after update firmware
3015 28 2017-2-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans359b40e2
lvl.1

Indonesia

Hi i just notice that after i upgrade my p3p firmware into v1.8,
My remote cant fully charge even after 24 hours charge and it only 68%, i just bought about 3-4 months ago,

Anyone had this problem too? What should i do?

Thanks
2017-2-23
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

What is the firmware version before upgrading?
Only 3 LEDs will be on when charging, and you check the remote battery in DJI GO APP?
Please try to reset it and check again. Turning on remote, pressing C1+C2+ Shutter button at the same time, then check again.
Also you can try another power socket to check the performance.
2017-2-24
Use props
fans1e7bea63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396227 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-24 02:02
What is the firmware version before upgrading?
Only 3 LEDs will be on when charging, and you check the remote battery in DJI GO APP?
Please try to reset it and check again. Turning on remote, pressing C1+C2+ Shutter button at the same time, then check again.

I'm having the same issue with my Phantom 4 controller, it will not recharge beyond 70%. The charging stops, all lights on the controller extinguish. I'm at controller firmware 1.8.0. The charger is producing 17.2 volts, and charges the flight batteries just fine. I am not charging flight batteries and the controller at the same time.
What is the reset procedure for the Phantom 4 controller? That key sequence doesn't seem to be doing anything.
2017-2-25
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1e7bea63 Posted at 2017-2-25 23:55
I'm having the same issue with my Phantom 4 controller, it will not recharge beyond 70%. The charging stops, all lights on the controller extinguish. I'm at controller firmware 1.8.0. The charger is producing 17.2 volts, and charges the flight batteries just fine. I am not charging flight batteries and the controller at the same time.
What is the reset procedure for the Phantom 4 controller? That key sequence doesn't seem to be doing anything.

You notice the issue after firmware upgrading as well?
You can try the same method mentioned above.
If no improvement, then it would be best to send it in for evaluation.
2017-2-26
Use props
fans1e7bea63
lvl.2
Flight distance : 396227 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-26 01:09
You notice the issue after firmware upgrading as well?
You can try the same method mentioned above.
If no improvement, then it would be best to send it in for evaluation.

The issue just became apparent to me over the last couple of weeks.

What are the specific steps to take to reset the controller? The button combination I'm seeing doesn't appear to be doing anything. Should there be sequences of beeps or lights or both?
2017-2-26
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans1e7bea63 Posted at 2017-2-26 12:19

What are the specific steps to take to reset the controller? The button combination I'm seeing doesn't appear to be doing anything. Should there be sequences of beeps or lights or both?

I've confirmed it with our engineers, the remote needs to be sent in for evaluation.
Please submit a case and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We'll take care of it after it arrives.
2017-2-26
Use props
Vyacheslav Mir
New

Russia

Hello everybody! I have the same problem, turn on the charge, blink the light of the two-LED,sometimes one, sometimes even three, and go out. I do not know if this is due to firmware (1.8.0), but the problem is there. The combination of buttons does not work. What should happen after they are pressed? Tell me what to do.Did you manage to find a way to solve this problem?
2017-3-9
Use props
Vyacheslav Mir
New

Russia

I think the problem is in software. The battery charge controller turns it off
2017-3-9
Use props
freeloadermatt
lvl.1

Hong Kong

Hey guys, did you ever get an answer to this?

I have a P3 Pro about 4 months old, latest firmware on the copter and on the controller and it does exactly the same thing.  The charger does both of the flight batteries fine to 100% but the controller never goes beyond about 70%, even if left plugged in overnight. It seems like the firmware in the controller is stopping the charge at that time.

Did you guys ever find out a resolution to this, even something as simple as how to reset the controller?

Best wishes to all
Matt

@Natalia: I replied to your message above, is it possible to go to the DJI flagship store in HK to get this diagnosis done?

2017-3-12
Use props
freeloadermatt
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-2-26 20:18
I've confirmed it with our engineers, the remote needs to be sent in for evaluation.
Please submit a case and apply for pickup here: https://repair.dji.com/en/SelfRepair/Area
We'll take care of it after it arrives.

Hi Natalia
I have the same problem with my P3 pro controller. It won't charge over 70%.
The controller and drone are only about four months old.
I live in Hong Kong near the DJI flagship store.  Is it possible to get the controller repaired there instead of having to send it off?
Or if send away for repair is the only option then can I get a loan unit as otherwise that nearly-new phantom is a thousand dollars of useless plastic while the repair takes place....
Best wishes
Matt
2017-3-12
Use props
freeloadermatt
lvl.1

Hong Kong

fans1e7bea63 Posted at 2017-2-26 12:19

Hey fans1e7beag3

I tried that button combo C1/C2/shutter and got a beep combination: one long, the two rapid short.

I held down both C1+C2 together at first, then pressed and held the shutter button until the beeps, which took about one second.

Hope that helps?
Best of luck
Matt
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

freeloadermatt Posted at 2017-3-12 02:06
Hi Natalia
I have the same problem with my P3 pro controller. It won't charge over 70%.
The controller and drone are only about four months old.

May I know where you purchased it?
It's out of the replacement period since you owned it for about 4 months. You can go to the HK store at your convenience to check whether it can be fixed.
2017-3-12
Use props
freeloadermatt
lvl.1

Hong Kong

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-3-12 02:28
May I know where you purchased it?
It's out of the replacement period since you owned it for about 4 months. You can go to the HK store at your convenience to check whether it can be fixed.

Purchased in the HK store on 18-12-2016
Does that mean they will replace the controller if I take it back before 18-Mar ?
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

freeloadermatt Posted at 2017-3-12 08:05
Purchased in the HK store on 18-12-2016
Does that mean they will replace the controller if I take it back before 18-Mar ?

Here is the replacement policy for your reference, since you purchased last year, it cannot be replaced, you need get it repaired: http://www.dji.com/service/policy Re.png
2017-3-12
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

Mine did the same thing. I tried to replace the battery, thinking it was shot. I ruined my motherboard doing so. Result, I bought a new GL300 c for 100$ on eBay. The original controller was a gl300B. I had no idea there was a difference in models. Long story short, I screwed myself by being hasty. Now I have a p3a, with a crap controller.

2017-3-16
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sasquad Posted at 2017-3-16 12:31
Mine did the same thing. I tried to replace the battery, thinking it was shot. I ruined my motherboard doing so. Result, I bought a new GL300 c for 100$ on eBay. The original controller was a gl300B. I had no idea there was a difference in models. Long story short, I screwed myself by being hasty. Now I have a p3a, with a crap controller.

Sorry that you ruined the RC trying to change the battery. What is the issue with the used one you bought? You said it's a crap controller, what's not working on it?
2017-3-16
Use props
Sasquad
lvl.4
Flight distance : 319245 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-16 12:47
Sorry that you ruined the RC trying to change the battery. What is the issue with the used one you bought? You said it's a crap controller, what's not working on it?

Ken,

Sorry for my less than happy attitude on all of this. The fault lies squarely with me. I should have returned the controller for repair, as I just purchased it 2 weeks before it started to "not charge" I had just done the firmware update on the quad and controller. I do not believe the update did a thing to the controller. I know for a fact the battery is (or was) the culprit. It was tested and cell one was at 4.2 volts and cell2 was at .04 volts after a night on the charger with three LEDs blinking. As for the new GL300c, I am extremely disappointed to learn that they are a sub class of controller that has been "Neutered" and outputs at a very low power compared to the 300 A, and B. I have not had much of a chance to fly over the last 3 weeks because I live in the hind end of the world in welfare ridden no sunshine western NY. If anyone ever asks you to come to Western NY..... RUN!
2017-3-16
Use props
IrzaSyarif
New
Indonesia

i have even worse problem, but on my RC. Soo, my RC battery only 1 bar, and before 1 minute of charge, it's stop charging. what should i do?
2017-4-18
Use props
Nikodemo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 254324 ft

Argentina

I am having the same problem with my Phantom, it does not load more than 2 lights and it does not reach me to fly 1 battery of the ship ... someone found some solution ?? .. I would like a serious company like DJI of an answer To this serious problem since these devices cost a lot of money, but if now you have to replace the RC .. Thank you.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans8a257cd2
New
Flight distance : 22431 ft

United Kingdom

must say im very disappointed with the dji's     i brought the p3a few months back.  never opened it till today, first the battery dont work, so brought a new one,   attempted to update all, drone done fine, control said complete, restart,  so restarted controller but nothing happened,    its dead, no light nothing,    wish i had got the yuneec now.  
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

fans8a257cd2 Posted at 2017-5-6 11:10
must say im very disappointed with the dji's     i brought the p3a few months back.  never opened it till today, first the battery dont work, so brought a new one,   attempted to update all, drone done fine, control said complete, restart,  so restarted controller but nothing happened,    its dead, no light nothing,    wish i had got the yuneec now.

I'm sorry to hear, could you please verify which firmware you were upgrading to? Did you charge all the components to 100% before updating everything? Do you notice if it takes a charge? Have you gotten in contact with Support about this?
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

Nikodemo Posted at 2017-5-3 17:59
I am having the same problem with my Phantom, it does not load more than 2 lights and it does not reach me to fly 1 battery of the ship ... someone found some solution ?? .. I would like a serious company like DJI of an answer To this serious problem since these devices cost a lot of money, but if now you have to replace the RC .. Thank you.

I've responded to you on your own thread.
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

IrzaSyarif Posted at 2017-4-18 23:21
i have even worse problem, but on my RC. Soo, my RC battery only 1 bar, and before 1 minute of charge, it's stop charging. what should i do?

Have you checked your charger to make sure it isn't a connection problem on its end? How long have you left it to charge before giving up? Is this after a firmware update, long term storage or right out of the box? You would want to contact Support for a potential replacement if the RC it's less than a year old.
2017-5-6
Use props
fans8a257cd2
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-6 16:02
I'm sorry to hear, could you please verify which firmware you were upgrading to? Did you charge all the components to 100% before updating everything? Do you notice if it takes a charge? Have you gotten in contact with Support about this?

yes fully charged, it was latest firmware fromthe site,  drone updated ok.
2017-5-7
Use props
fans8a257cd2
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-6 16:08
Have you checked your charger to make sure it isn't a connection problem on its end? How long have you left it to charge before giving up? Is this after a firmware update, long term storage or right out of the box? You would want to contact Support for a potential replacement if the RC it's less than a year old.

drone 12months old,  tho neverbeen opeded untill yesterday,    controller was fine untill update,  
2017-5-7
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans8a257cd2 Posted at 2017-5-7 05:20
drone 12months old,  tho neverbeen opeded untill yesterday,    controller was fine untill update,

12 months is more than just a "few". When you attempted to update the RC, you were updating via the Go app and not a SD card adapter, correct?
2017-5-8
Use props
fans8a257cd2
New

United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-8 15:13
12 months is more than just a "few". When you attempted to update the RC, you were updating via the Go app and not a SD card adapter, correct?

updated via app.    brought new controller now,  other ones been sent bk,   but now have another problem.  only getting 25m away and auto home activate due to loose of signal.   brand new controller and intel battery,   
2017-5-9
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
United States

fans8a257cd2 Posted at 2017-5-9 06:54
updated via app.    brought new controller now,  other ones been sent bk,   but now have another problem.  only getting 25m away and auto home activate due to loose of signal.   brand new controller and intel battery,

Have you checked your antenna orientation?

In addition, try the following button combination to ensure that the connection from the RC to the AC are solid:

Reset the RC of Presets:
* Turn on the controller, and the aircraft should be off.
* Press C1, C2, and shutter on the controller then turn the controller off.
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller and link the remote.

I would recommend manually relinking the RC to the aircraft with the following:
* Turn on both the aircraft and the controller.
* Press C1, C2, and the record button on the controller, then the controller will beep like D-DD. This may take a few seconds of holding it.
*While holding the buttons, press the wheel on the right side of the controller and then the first light of the controller will become blue and it will constantly beep DDDD.
* Use a pen to click the linking button on the aircraft and hold for 3-5 seconds, and then take the pen off the aircraft and wait, it will be linked soon.

If the issue persists, I would recommend starting your own thread on the issue, as this thread's focus is primarily on battery issues.
2017-5-9
Use props
fans068e6a88
New
Russia

Hello
I have the same problem. RC doesn't get fully charged, only 50%. I tried return firmware v 1.5 or 1.6 and without changes, reset c1+c2+Shutter button doesn't help.
Maybe somebody can decide it. Share the decision please.
Have command of DJI any decisigion of this problem? Many people complain on this problem. What can we do?
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules