Increase stored video limit in DJI Go 4?
4971 7 2017-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hamish Campbell
lvl.2
Flight distance : 470062 ft
Australia

Hi all,

my video list in the DJI Go 4 App recently filled up on my Ipad Air 2. New flight recordings are no longer stored there.

I really like this feature of the app because it allows me to keep a quick reference archive of SD video footage so if I ever need to show someone a certain shot type or location I can just scroll back to the date of the flight and show it, but now nothing new is being recorded unless I delete older footage.

I looked in the settings of the Ipad and it appears to have capped at 2GB of videos.

Does anyone know of a way to increase this limit? There is plenty of spare space on the ipad and I would love to have as much footage archived there as possible, as the Ipad is only used for this UAV and nothing else.
2017-2-24
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
China

On my iPad i have options to increase up to 16GB by tapping the 2BG value. The maximum value is determined by the space on your iPad obviously...
2017-2-24
Use props
Hamish Campbell
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks a lot for your reply.

For some reason, that option is greyed out for me (I can see the arrow on the side) despite having over 100 GB of spare space on the ipad.

16GB would be a nice start but really I'd love to use as much of the ipad as possible to keep a large running archive. I hit the 2GB cap in just two busy days of flying.
2017-2-25
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
China

A simple test. Please select another country for the iPad location such as maybe UK. then try again... If the option becomes available you will find its a bug in the DJI code. If it doesn't then delete the GO 4 and reload from Apple store.

Also do you have other APPS like Litchi, GS PRO etc loaded? If so make sure they are not running in the background by using the double click on the home button and flick them off the stack. I have seen some cross interference in DJI GO 4 from other APPS and settings being "greyed" out from other applications that are not fully error free as GO 4 is a new stack  
2017-2-25
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am not sure if this would help with your question and whether or not this is the same thing.   I wanted to provide you with a screen shot showing the video cache  option in the Go App below. Maybe this could let you save more on the iPad?

Rich

IMG_7914.PNG
2017-2-25
Use props
Hamish Campbell
lvl.2
Australia

Thanks again Jon and Rich,

I was unable to do that at first, but after installing on a new ipad (pro instead of air) I am able to change it.

Not sure if it's related to that model type or what, I had plenty of space on both.
2017-2-28
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Can i ask which Ipad Air you had and what version of IOS?
2017-3-1
Use props
Hamish Campbell
lvl.2
Japan

Hi Jon,

It was an Ipad Air 2, and I no longer have it so I can't tell you what OS it was but it should have been whatever OS was up to date at the time of my posting last week.
2017-3-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules