Disney Land Unlock Problems
1273 7 2017-2-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans02d66327
lvl.1

United States

Hi Guys
One of my jobs is to take a photo a month of a granite slab yard in Anaheim CA.
Disney land is marked as a nukelar power plant in DJI go.  So you can't fly in this city and parts of several surrounding cities.  I have been unable to get an unlock request granted because there doesn't seem to be anyone at disney that knows what I'm talking about.  I have been trying for more than a month.

Currently I have a foil hat on my Inspire 1.  This isn't great because I risk fly aways and crash dangers.  My ideal solution would be to downgrade the firmware, but that doesn't seem possible.  A friend of my has a parrot bebop that works fine, but the picture quality isn't up to par.  

Does anyone know how to get "permission" to fly in Anaheim?  Can someone also tell me why disney has a NFZ larger than LAX and John Wayne airport combined?

So far I have submitted my business licence, drivers licence, work agreement, previous pictures from the photolog, and the DJI signed disclaimer.  Still denied.  
Any Ideas?

I have an Inspire 1 with two remotes and 2 high capacity batteries and a standard battery.  If anyone wants to buy it, I will sell it to help fund my custom build.  I would have never bought it if I knew they would disable it in my home city.

Thanks
Roger
2017-2-25
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Who is denying you when you show those documents ?  Disney  ?  They will not have the ability to Unlock the system .  Get with the Reps Jamie or Ken on Monday , perhaps they can help you .  

donnie
2017-2-26
Use props
Mark Guille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

Have a read up here.

http://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-system
Mark G.
2017-2-26
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Disneyland / Anaheim area

This area is locked down for full size aircraft also without special FAA wavier. You are trying to fly in a very restricted area do to the natural crowds that exist all around the area. I had a job on Harbor Blvd, that seems almost impossible to get a wavier to fly. One of the Hotels wanted shots of their resort... So far I have not found a solution to fly legally.

Rich
2017-2-26
Use props
Roghaj
lvl.1

United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-26 09:19
Who is denying you when you show those documents ?  Disney  ?  They will not have the ability to Unlock the system .  Get with the Reps Jamie or Ken on Monday , perhaps they can help you .  

donnie

I am being denied by DJI.  I send the docs they require to be unlocked... then they add another request.  Seems like the latest thing they are asking for is a letter of permission from Disney.  I found a thread where someone (FauschAerial) says they were granted permission... I will  direct message him today for more info.  
2017-2-27
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Roghaj Posted at 2017-2-27 08:22
I am being denied by DJI.  I send the docs they require to be unlocked... then they add another request.  Seems like the latest thing they are asking for is a letter of permission from Disney.  I found a thread where someone (FauschAerial) says they were granted permission... I will  direct message him today for more info.

Oh , ok interesting,  thanks for that update

donnie

good luck too !
2017-2-28
Use props
Odan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 182913 ft
United States

Phantom phlyer here and I have the same message sometimes because I live in a class "D" fly zone.
When the box opens up...there are two items to check off.
One of which asks for a credit card.....Over my dead body.....
So I found that if I check both boxes and then press the large  main box it lets me fly.
I know this explanation is vague but I
'm no techie.
2017-2-28
Use props
Roghaj
lvl.1

United States

I'll give 'em a credit card number if it would help.  I don't think my softwere is the same as yours Odan.  
My office spent $3K for this and it can no longer be used for its primary function.  We have a warehouse worker with a parrot drone and he has taken over for me.  Kinda sad really.
-Roger
2017-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules