DJI GO App not connecting
867 6 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans50af97f3
New
Flight distance : 47192 ft
United States

I have been using my LG V20 smartphone to log over 30 hours of flight time with my DJI Inspire 1. Now I have no connection. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DJI GO app with no change. I know there is a connection because my phone is being charged when connected to the RC. Please help. I have spent over $2500 on my DJI Inspire gear and I love using it. I have a commercial to shoot in Tampa where aerial footage is required.

2017-2-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Does it say disconnected on the go app  status bar at the very top of the main app screen when you plug  the RC into your  LG v20 ?  Have you tried another cable ?  Can you get another device to load the Go app to ?  This way you can make sure the HDMI on the back of the RC has not failed .  They do fail on occasion .

Does the  LG recognize that it is the Inspire that it is connected to ? If it is  recognized the Inspire  Aircraft wont be pointed at an angle on the start up, it will be facing you directly .  Test this by opening the go app when it is NOT connected to the RC transmitter , you will see the Aircraft is pointing on an angle , when properly connected the Aircraft will be facing you directly .

First I would replace the cable
Then I would try another go app device ( I pad air and pro work flawlessly , need at least an A7 processor )

You may have a bad HDMI on the back the RC, which is about 90-100 dollars or the Phone you are using is no longer compatible for whatever reason, I know it worked in the past but the updates may have killed it , I don't know for sure .

good luck

donnie

2017-2-28
Use props
Jabo3rd
New
United States

Thanks Donnie!

I did change cables about 3 times. I also purchased a new HDMI module and installed it. After installing the new module everything appeared to be perfect. I shut everything down and went to bed. Next morning I arose to prepare for practice flight and possible updating, but once again there was no connection from mobile to RC.  I also tried another android (LG G3) same thing. Finally I connected my sons Ipad Mini 4 and it works perfectly.

It appears that this connection issue correlates with the latest firmware update. However, I am resolved to simply purchase a Ipad Mini 4 than loose this contract in Tampa.
2017-2-28
Use props
Jabo3rd
New
United States

It is truly unfair to force us purchase and use Apple products. I am not against Apple product. I just have some very high end software that does not work well with apple, i.e. AutoDesk AutoCAD, 3D Studio Max.
2017-2-28
Use props
Jabo3rd
New
United States

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-2-28 09:42
Does it say disconnected on the go app  status bar at the very top of the main app screen when you plug  the RC into your  LG v20 ?  Have you tried another cable ?  Can you get another device to load the Go app to ?  This way you can make sure the HDMI on the back of the RC has not failed .  They do fail on occasion .

Does the  LG recognize that it is the Inspire that it is connected to ? If it is  recognized the Inspire  Aircraft wont be pointed at an angle on the start up, it will be facing you directly .  Test this by opening the go app when it is NOT connected to the RC transmitter , you will see the Aircraft is pointing on an angle , when properly connected the Aircraft will be facing you directly .

The LG is no longer recognizing the Inspire.
2017-2-28
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Jabo3rd Posted at 2017-2-28 15:11
Thanks Donnie!

I did change cables about 3 times. I also purchased a new HDMI module and installed it. After installing the new module everything appeared to be perfect. I shut everything down and went to bed. Next morning I arose to prepare for practice flight and possible updating, but once again there was no connection from mobile to RC.  I also tried another android (LG G3) same thing. Finally I connected my sons Ipad Mini 4 and it works perfectly.

Glad you have it working , I think you will be happy with the apple products.  I am partial to them myself but understand that others may not like them.

Happy flying

donnie
2017-3-1
Use props
Jabo3rd
New
United States

Thanks Donnie!
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced