Any luck with Matrice 600 and Zenmuse Z15?
715 2 2017-2-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've given up for now using my Ronin MX under the Matrice600.  It's just not stable enough for me and the work I do.  I'm not an engineer like some of those who I've seen come up with epic rigs, and still I've only seen perhaps 5 or 6 M600 standards take even decent video.  I'm wondeirng if anyone has had good or better luck with the Zenmuse Z15-Gh4 as far as stability?  That seems to be the only way I can salvage the M600 for any practical use. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated
2017-2-28
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

More discussion on this thread is needed. I have a M600P and presently use the X5. I am also fitting with a second camera (fpv) using the FLIR Duo R.
Due to lack of communication from DJI regarding their development path, I cannot assume that their path will coincide with my plans. Therefor, at this point, I have dismissed the Ronin MX as a non contender (junk) due to the unanswered issues presented on this forum. I initially dismissed the Z15 series due to the issues with various available lenses and having only one choice to fit the pre-configured balancing model.
The X5S is a nice solution, BUT DJI will not share their path with the rest of us (paying customers). So, at this point, I am heading toward a Z15-GH4 solution and planning on fitting with a GH5 due out end of this month. I'd rather "bank" on Panasonic delivery of a solution than DJI any day. Japanese culture vs Chinese. At least Panasonic has learned how to communicate with the western culture and support their products in an exemplary fashion.
2017-3-2
Use props
Sestaceans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3963865 ft
  • >>>
United States

skyvideoct Posted at 2017-3-2 11:40
More discussion on this thread is needed. I have a M600P and presently use the X5. I am also fitting with a second camera (fpv) using the FLIR Duo R.
Due to lack of communication from DJI regarding their development path, I cannot assume that their path will coincide with my plans. Therefor, at this point, I have dismissed the Ronin MX as a non contender (junk) due to the unanswered issues presented on this forum. I initially dismissed the Z15 series due to the issues with various available lenses and having only one choice to fit the pre-configured balancing model.
The X5S is a nice solution, BUT DJI will not share their path with the rest of us (paying customers). So, at this point, I am heading toward a Z15-GH4 solution and planning on fitting with a GH5 due out end of this month. I'd rather "bank" on Panasonic delivery of a solution than DJI any day. Japanese culture vs Chinese. At least Panasonic has learned how to communicate with the western culture and support their products in an exemplary fashion.

Thanks skyvido,  I think I may head that direction too.  Please keep the forum up to date, as i think the RoninMX is NOT a viable solution and clumsy at best.  I've done countless tests and I don't think using the M600.Ronin combo is useful for professional work.  
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules