Osmo close up video quality
2076 6 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansd449dafc
lvl.1

United States

Hello, I'm looking for some tips that may help improve the quality of my video to show a little more detail - but maybe its not possible with this camera.

Below you can see a comparison of my iphone 6s and the osmo. I'm using standard settings on auto with no ND filter. I'm a little frustrated with the quality and fuziness and this can be seen in many of the other videos I shot inside.

I am new at using a camera like this so any tips or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
2017-3-1
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The standard Osmo is fixed focus and the closest
2017-3-1
Use props
LensmanDave
lvl.3

United Kingdom

The standard Osmo is fixed focus and the closest  acceptable focus distance is about a metre.
2017-3-1
Use props
fansd449dafc
lvl.1

United States

LensmanDave Posted at 2017-3-1 08:05
The standard Osmo is fixed focus and the closest  acceptable focus distance is about a metre.

That makes sense, I guess I would still expect slightly better quality or sharpness?
What about the quality of this video? It looks the same, just farther away - still fuzzy or something..
2017-3-1
Use props
breezeway95
lvl.3
Flight distance : 826854 ft
Canada

Are these video examples recorded on the SD card that came from the camera head unit? Or are they the proxies that the DJI Go app records on your phone?
2017-3-1
Use props
fansd449dafc
lvl.1

United States

breezeway95 Posted at 2017-3-1 09:07
Are these video examples recorded on the SD card that came from the camera head unit? Or are they the proxies that the DJI Go app records on your phone?

They are recorded on the SD card that came with the camera. I pull the video directly off the SD card and onto my computer.
Most are shot in 1080
2017-3-1
Use props
Propwash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13058 ft
United Kingdom

fansd449dafc Posted at 2017-3-1 09:30
They are recorded on the SD card that came with the camera. I pull the video directly off the SD card and onto my computer.
Most are shot in 1080

For close ups try poloriod dioptre lenses they reduce minimum focus distances.
2017-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules