912 7 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
P4 Roy
First Officer
Flight distance : 5435299 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

My first flight using a couple of the 1080p options, 120fps does take a noticeable drop in quality but it's still reasonable.

Also there seems to be a drop in quality overall after uploading to youtube, something I've not noticed when uploading 4K videos to youtube.

2017-3-1
Use props
E.T._Drone_Home
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99117 ft
United States

Nice video! There is a bit of a quality hit but the video is smoooooooooth. And I really enjoyed the smoothness of your piloting skills. Nice and cinematic.
The soundtrack made it even more enjoyable.
2017-3-1
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Roy,

Ditto on E.T.  Interesting series of tests, all done with skill (the best type).  Keep it up!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-3-2
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

P4 Roy:

Skill indeed. The first scene, backing away from the falls, then descending with the water--very nicely done. Where where you standing for the perspective view and control?

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-2
Use props
P4 Roy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-2 05:19
P4 Roy:

Skill indeed. The first scene, backing away from the falls, then descending with the water--very nicely done. Where where you standing for the perspective view and control?

Thanks Augustus,
I was stood only a couple of meters back from where the very last scene ended.  Filming so close to the water required constant glancing between the ipad screen and the drone, there were also a lot of branches to avoid.

2017-3-2
Use props
Augustus Brian
lvl.4
Flight distance : 397592 ft
United States

P4 Roy Posted at 2017-3-2 08:47
Thanks Augustus,
I was stood only a couple of meters back from where the very last scene ended.  Filming so close to the water required constant glancing between the ipad screen and the drone, there were also a lot of branches to avoid.

P4 Roy:

Then in that first scene, from that perspective, you're watching the aft(battery) side of the P4, while backing it toward you, then down the falls, then along the water (toward you) again?

That would seem to be a difficult shot, given your location and the moving water, especially during the 3rd section of that scene. Finding the right distance before you descend--too soon and you're in the drink, too late and you've distanced the shot. Effectively daring compromise. Strong you are with the Parallax Eyes.

Also, nice music. Did you add a hint of rushing water sounds, or is my imagination running over the rocks as well?

Keep Smiling,

Augustus
2017-3-2
Use props
ElDaddyoyoyo
lvl.1

United States

Inspires nubies like me to try to be better.  thanks for sharing such a cool video
2017-3-2
Use props
P4 Roy
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Augustus Brian Posted at 2017-3-2 11:29
P4 Roy:

Then in that first scene, from that perspective, you're watching the aft(battery) side of the P4, while backing it toward you, then down the falls, then along the water (toward you) again?

Yes everything you said is true Augustus, except for the running water sounds, maybe something in the track.

My biggest concern at this location was the spray from the waterfall which was much more noticeable with the naked eye, and the added pressure of being watched by visiting tourists standing behind me taking pictures.

I don't mind taking risks with the drone in order to get a good shot, I was actually at this fall with a friend and his Phantom 3 but he opted out of flying at this location, a wasted opportunity.
Thanks for the positive comments folks.
2017-3-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules