2073 16 2017-3-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mixchief
Second Officer
Flight distance : 182057 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone, I am new to DJI and new to Osmo, having made hte move from Yuneec Q500. I don't know how anyone uses the Osmo here, but I use my Osmo Pro (X5) mostly to do product videos for an automotive dealer. The videos are recorded more or less in a live "interview" type format, where we could run anywhere from 10- 15 minutes non stop, minimal editing is what I'm after. However I ran into a problem today, and to a certain degree the first time I used it on Friday. It seems that audio and video progressively with time loose sync, I shouldn't say seems, they are loosing sync. You would think it would be easy enough to "slip and slide" after separating the audio track, but I found it impossible to do, it's almost as if the sound is running at a different rate than the video making impossible to sync because the audio is ever so slightly faster ( I think) or slower (mmmm maybe) than the video. Funny enough loike I mentioned before, I was using a Yuneec steady grip handle with the CGO2 4k camera and recorded audio "wild" to an iPhone 6, and syncing those was a breeze, though it was just a couple more steps what with exporting audio to the computer importing to final cut then syncing and editing, it was still steps I rather not take to speed up my workflow, big reason to get the Osmo/Inspire setup. If the sound just doesn't sync, I will have to return or sell my rig because it will be useless to me.
Has anyone run into this issue before, or do I have a defective handle or X5 camera

2017-3-1
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

There are quite a few threads about this but I thought it had been resolved with an update.... is your Osmo and the DJI Go App up to date?
2017-3-1
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Salty777 Posted at 2017-3-1 22:21
There are quite a few threads about this but I thought it had been resolved with an update.... is your Osmo and the DJI Go App up to date?

I D/L the Go App barely a week ago, and it's not asking for an update, however I will look into it. For some reason my searches never work, I don't know why whatever I search for returns everything but what I'm searching for.
2017-3-1
Use props
TV_Emmys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708717 ft
United States

Maybe consider just doing a separate sound recording.  Don't have an Osmo and don't know the fidelity.
But know the fidelity of the Olympus LS-10 can't be touched.  Concert quality.   
[If's easy to sync up the sound on your video.  Just turn the LS-10 on, video yourself on camera and clap. the spike will let you easily sync in post.]
I'm 99% sure you'll have a better audio track than what the Oslo provides and you won't have to worry about syncing.
Just a thought
2017-3-1
Use props
TV_Emmys
lvl.2
Flight distance : 708717 ft
United States

Olympus LS-10 can be found used on Ebay and really a terrific sound source
IMG_0255.jpg
2017-3-1
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi, what firmware version does the DJI Go say for your Osmo?  Please upgrade to the latest if you have not yet.

If it's still out of sync after firmware upgrade, please send it in and we'll inspect it.
2017-3-1
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11240 ft
United States

DJI-Thor Posted at 2017-3-1 23:30
Hi, what firmware version does the DJI Go say for your Osmo?  Please upgrade to the latest if you have not yet.

If it's still out of sync after firmware upgrade, please send it in and we'll inspect it.

Thanks for responding Thor, here are the numbers as they appear on the app
app                       3.1.5 (2775)
air OFDM: 09      00.00.00.90.00.00.00.11
wifi:07                  01.00.09.48.00.00.00.01
gimbal:04            01.29.00.92.01.00.00.19
AFS:04                  00.05.50.85.00.01.39.56
2017-3-2
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
United States

TV_Emmys Posted at 2017-3-1 23:16
Olympus LS-10 can be found used on Ebay and really a terrific sound source

Hey TV-Emmys thanks for your suggestion, actually I've been using an iPhone to do the audio recording, concert quality is not needed for my purpose, I just don't feel like I've spent a good deal of money on something that keeps me doing the additional steps of importing and syncing, specially when I have multiple clips, I know I'm lazy. Actually the quality of the Osmo sound is fine as long as you use an external mic, again maybe not concert quality, but good enough for my purposes currently, I might know a little bit about audio quality, I am a latin grammy winning audio engineer after all. LOL BTW I am Mixchief, I just use this username when I'm in the office because I forgot my password, LOL
2017-3-2
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

What video editing app are you using?
2017-3-2
Use props
fanscb179702
lvl.1
United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-3-2 13:04
What video editing app are you using?

FCPX but the issue appears no matter where I watch it, even inside the Go App
2017-3-2
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

Sync has been rock solid for me with O+ to FCPX.  Maybe a something to do with the sample rate on the audio encode for the X5?  Do you have the problem with all recording formats, 1080p, 4k? And all frame rates, 24p, 30, 60? If you find one flavor stays in sync and the other doesn't compare the sample rate in FCPX inspector and see if there's a difference. Won't solve the problem but might give a clue where it is.   
2017-3-2
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-3-2 14:26
Sync has been rock solid for me with O+ to FCPX.  Maybe a something to do with the sample rate on the audio encode for the X5?  Do you have the problem with all recording formats, 1080p, 4k? And all frame rates, 24p, 30, 60? If you find one flavor stays in sync and the other doesn't compare the sample rate in FCPX inspector and see if there's a difference. Won't solve the problem but might give a clue where it is.

very good idea dr.nick, I hadn't tried it because it's only the second time I record this format, I have been recording at 4k, I am however being told here that it is a firmware thing, so I will do all updates before continuing to complain
2017-3-2
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dr.nick Posted at 2017-3-2 14:26

very good idea dr.nick, I hadn't tried it because it's only the second time I record this format, I have been recording at 4k, I am however being told here that it is a firmware thing, so I will do all updates before continuing to complain
2017-3-2
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

mixchief Posted at 2017-3-2 18:50

Update for you folks kind enough to chime in, did a firmware update over the weekend. Though the report says that update aborted due to firmware being up to date, the audio sync problem went away. Did a 8 minute continuous recording today with absolutely no problems. Thanks to all that helped.
2017-3-6
Use props
LoganRO
New
Romania

Just to let you know that I had the same issue with audio sync.
I've tested some settings and now is OK.

My SOLUTION:
I shot only on 1080 25fps/50fps or 4k 25fps/50fps.

I hope this will help somebody
2017-5-24
Use props
Chris Wayatt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 108944 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey Mixchief

I am trying to resolve an issue with my Osmo x5.
The audio and video lose sync with each other progressively thru the clip.
This was before I did the latest firmware update.  

I get the impression from you that a firmware update solved this issue.
Is that correct ?

Thanks
2018-7-17
Use props
mixchief
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Chris Wayatt Posted at 2018-7-17 08:06
Hey Mixchief

I am trying to resolve an issue with my Osmo x5.

The firmware did help, however not solve. It seems to me that at 4k the issue is pretty bad but at 1080 it holds pretty good. The project that used the Osmo daily ended so I haven't played with it in a while, but I remember that at 1080 I could get through an 8 minute clip without having to correct, clips that were pretty critical, as they were dialog heavy and I am a sticker for sync in this case. Funny enough it seems to me that these days most people don't even notice. Try 1080 at different frame rates (don't have in mind what's available) but I generally just use 30 or 29.97
2018-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules