New Osmo?
3780 16 2017-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LuxeFilm
lvl.1
Portugal

I am thinking of buying the Osmo model and I am afraid that another model will be coming soon.
Does anyone know if some evolution of the Osmo or Osmo + model is planned?
2017-3-2
Use props
fivetonine
lvl.4
Flight distance : 985135 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Haven't heard about that. There are no new cameras out so I don't think so. OSMO has had a fair amount of revisions lately.
2017-3-2
Use props
dr.nick
lvl.2
United States

There is talk of a new Osmo with x4s and x5s cameras pulled from the Inspire2.  I might be wrong but I believe those cameras have a different connector so are currently incompatible with existing Osmo handle. I assume the connector on the "S" cameras is also different from the Osmo-Pro/Raw.  

X4S has no zoom, fixed wide angle.  X5S will undoubtedly be at a much higher pricepoint (near $2K + cost of glass).  1" chip in x4s (@$600) might be worth waiting for if you're contemplating the vanilla-Osmo. Although elephant in the room is if DJI will unbundle that "ground shooting" setup from the Inspire 2 for sale separately.
2017-3-2
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

"Coming soon" maybe Christmas??

X4S and X5S Osmo Mount3

X4S and X5S Osmo Mount3
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI-Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-13 08:58
"Coming soon" maybe Christmas??

No, early than that
2017-3-13
Use props
Coigreach
lvl.4
Flight distance : 546014 ft
Australia

I can only hope Thor! any indication on which month?? before I spend more money on the OSMO X5 adapter and external battery, would hate to outlay more money if its just around the corner
2017-3-14
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Surely they'll just continue using the same handle, and add a new adapter that works with the X4S and X5S.

If they're using the XT thermal on the M200, there must already be a mount out there somewhere that does this, let's just wait for DJI to release it!

Until then, this might help you choose between Osmos.
2017-3-16
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Coigreach Posted at 2017-3-14 01:33
I can only hope Thor! any indication on which month?? before I spend more money on the OSMO X5 adapter and external battery, would hate to outlay more money if its just around the corner

My thoughts exactly.  I want an Osmo+ but I am waiting to see if an Osmo 2 is launched before I buy.
2017-3-23
Use props
lvl.4
Flight distance : 69455 ft
United States

Barney2k Posted at 2017-3-16 07:42
Surely they'll just continue using the same handle, and add a new adapter that works with the X4S and X5S.

If they're using the XT thermal on the M200, there must already be a mount out there somewhere that does this, let's just wait for DJI to release it!

I doubt they will, with the X4s and X5s all the image processing and writing to the memory card is done in the drone, the Osmo handle can't do any of that.  They would need to design a new Osmo that has the Inspire 2's processing gear on board.
2017-3-23
Use props
Barney2k
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Never thought of that, but you're certainly right!

Oh well - new Osmo handle incoming then I guess!
2017-5-25
Use props
RxDrums
New

United States

I have a brand new OSMO sitting in the box and wrapper still because I'm unsure whether to keep it, or trade it in for the OSMO+. However, everything I'm reading here seems to be a lot of OSMO+ problems. Thoughts? It feels like the + was rushed out to get people zoom.
2017-5-30
Use props
Salty777
lvl.3
Flight distance : 117077 ft
Malaysia

RxDrums Posted at 2017-5-30 06:31
I have a brand new OSMO sitting in the box and wrapper still because I'm unsure whether to keep it, or trade it in for the OSMO+. However, everything I'm reading here seems to be a lot of OSMO+ problems. Thoughts? It feels like the + was rushed out to get people zoom.

I have an Osmo+ and am very pleased with it. However in your case you might want to wait until the new version appears.... but you could say that about any technology these days!
2017-5-30
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Summer or Autumn?
2017-5-30
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

If DJI can fix the loss frame issue for X3 and X5 camera when file size exceeds 4G, I would not need the next generation. X3 and X5 camera are very capable for doing consumer and pro jobs. Why spend money for the sake of chasing technology. Don't forget, you may also be involuntary beta testers for a lot of money you pay.
2017-5-31
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would be very content with that.  In fact I would be very content knowing a release data at all.  Although when DJI announces something you know that we will not be able to get our hands on it due to high demand for a few months after it is actually announced.

It would be nice for DJI to give us more concreate information on a release date for the new X4S/X5S OSMO Handle.
2017-6-8
Use props
dopey-tree
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6716467 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Or just some specs etc?
2017-6-9
Use props
RichfromHowellN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

dopey-tree Posted at 2017-6-9 00:10
Or just some specs etc?

Obviously it is going to be something that is not inexpensive ... I'm sure it will come at a price.  Unfortunately I think they are going to come out with an OSMO that is sold with the X4S or X5S and it will be quite sometime after that where we will be able to purchase a separate handle that will be compatible with it.  Even if we were to see a new OSMO to support X4S or X5S this year ... I don't think we will see a separate handle being sold without the camera until next year sometime.  Of course this is only gut feeling.
2017-6-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules