Bird trashed my P4Pro - need to know where to find parts
1679 17 2017-3-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

Looks like a bird has crashed my Phantom 4 Pro - I need the landing gear with wiring inside it, cannot find any for the pro anywhere online, does anyone have a link? thanks so much.

2017-3-3
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You might have to wait awhile , best bet is to send into dji. Did you get the video...
2017-3-3
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

I an trying to recover the video vile now to see what happened exactly, I was recording video at the time, but the file is corrupted, I'm running some recovery on the file now.

send to DJI? arent they in china? that'd take months? - I am not wanting to have them fix it, I'm just wanting to bolt the new parts on myself.
2017-3-3
Use props
Zeldon50
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11634 ft
United States

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-3 09:22
I an trying to recover the video vile now to see what happened exactly, I was recording video at the time, but the file is corrupted, I'm running some recovery on the file now.

send to DJI? arent they in china? that'd take months? - I am not wanting to have them fix it, I'm just wanting to bolt the new parts on myself.

California has a facility.
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-3 09:22

If parts are not available then you can send to the California DJI repair center for repair.
Here's the link to get started if you want to do that.
http://www.dji.com/support
2017-3-3
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 11:47
If parts are not available then you can send to the California DJI repair center for repair.

thank you so much for the help
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-3 12:15

No problem.And sorry for youre crash.
Have a great weekend.
2017-3-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Those pesky birds!!!
2017-3-3
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-3 12:15

You'll be up and running again in no time. I'm sorry to hear what happened, was it just one bird that took it down or was it a team effort?
2017-3-4
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-4 11:34
You'll be up and running again in no time. I'm sorry to hear what happened, was it just one bird that took it down or was it a team effort?

just one. it broke one of the props then obviously went down...  I am looking at carbon props now to hopefully be tougher
2017-3-8
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-3 11:47

Hi again, is there a number I can call and talk to someone about if the part is available? I have everything else I need for the repair.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
  • >>>
United States

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-8 12:59
Hi again, is there a number I can call and talk to someone about if the part is available? I have everything else I need for the repair.

You would have to purchase the part from a dealer as the repair center doesn't sell internal parts.
What is it that you are looking for and it could be the same as on the P4 and you can find it at any dealer.
2017-3-8
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

Here's a pic... I jsut need the landing gear BELOW the sensors.
everything else I have covered. (I'm changing the prop mounts away from the damn quick release (hate those) )
I think if it had carbon props and screw on style, it wouldn't have crashed, since the bird broke the prop.

anyway, here's what it looks like:

2017-3-8
Use props
GastonC
lvl.2
Flight distance : 29734 ft
United States

I have flown some near our local landfill and there are thousands of seagulls and buzzards around.  The seagulls don't seem to care about the drone, but the buzzards really start getting close if I stay up too long.  They are about 4 times bigger than the drone, so it wouldn't be pretty if one of them decides to take a really close look.  
2017-3-8
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-8 14:05
everything else I have covered. (I'm changing the prop mounts away from the damn quick release (hate those) )
I think if it had carbon props and screw on style, it wouldn't have crashed, since the bird broke the prop.

There's much more involved in landing gear replacement since you'll have to take the shell apart and reach antenna plug sockets. Of course it's possible, but parts availability is in question for now. Best course of action: send it for repair.
2017-3-9
Use props
mityadvet
lvl.2
Flight distance : 492352 ft
Germany

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-8 14:05

"I'm changing the prop mounts away from the damn quick release" could you please post a couple of details how you are doing this? Thanks!
2017-3-9
Use props
cvpstudios
lvl.1

United States

mityadvet Posted at 2017-3-9 05:14
"I'm changing the prop mounts away from the damn quick release" could you please post a couple of details how you are doing this? Thanks!

sure! here you go:

https://www.masterairscrew.com/c ... d=true#contact_form

self tightening screws seem to be a LOT more secure to me, than the teeny tiny little tab of plastic. This makes me feel a lot more secure.
2017-3-10
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

cvpstudios Posted at 2017-3-10 10:12
sure! here you go:

https://www.masterairscrew.com/collections/mr-series/products/dji-phantom-1-2-3-4-propellers-mr-ph-9-4x5-prop-set-x4-white?contact_posted=true#contact_form

Be aware, however, that aggressive braking in sport mode may undo the prop off. Make sure they're tightened well.
2017-3-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules