Compass Board - Faulty?
797 6 2017-3-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveSA
lvl.3
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hey guys...how can I determine if the compass board is faulty? If so, is there a replacement part available?
2017-3-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

Why do you feel it has a fault?
2017-3-4
Use props
SteveSA
lvl.3
South Africa

rodger Posted at 2017-3-4 06:11
Why do you feel it has a fault?

H I Roger

It all comes from the forum http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... mp;page=1#pid720336
2017-3-5
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

SteveSA Posted at 2017-3-5 00:15
H I Roger

It all comes from the forum http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=87069&page=1#pid720336

In looking at the logs I would have to agree with Donnie. Why it went in the first time I have no idea. As to DJI not helping I am surprised. There is another fellow on here that will examine the logs but his name escapes me at the moment. He may be Drone Doctor or something like that his Avatar is a black square with white characters in the center. Try Youtube on the compass board replacement.
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

The compass would not have caused the crash in your case .  Cant say 100% but more than likely you lost power to a motor momentarily - she can't fly on 3 .

donnie
2017-3-5
Use props
SteveSA
lvl.3
South Africa

Donnie Stugots Posted at 2017-3-5 06:18
The compass would not have caused the crash in your case .  Cant say 100% but more than likely you lost power to a motor momentarily - she can't fly on 3 .

donnie

Hi Donnie

Ive been running the motors without blades the whole weekend and I haven't picked up anything as yet with a motor loosing power..i am dumb struck of what it is.....
2017-3-5
Use props
Donnie Stugots
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

SteveSA Posted at 2017-3-5 06:23
Hi Donnie

Ive been running the motors without blades the whole weekend and I haven't picked up anything as yet with a motor loosing power..i am dumb struck of what it is.....

No , what I mean is as the booms are raising , it may have a chaffed wire or something , or the ESC is faulty .

If a motor was faulty , I am not sure if not having the load on the Motor without props would stress it out .  You couod test the nmotors if you happen to have one of those laser temp gauges, I use those all the time to check my motors, in case one was getting to hot .
Try raisng the gear up and down and see if one of the motors caughs or anytnhing .  I would hold it in the air , props off and cycle the gear to see if anything funky happens .
The crash was so sudden and if the battery ( checked out OK ) was OK , I suspect a Motor momentarily lost power  and down she came .......this is just a guess of course .

good luck

donnie

2017-3-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules