Pinched M600 GPS-compass pro module cable
1569 6 2017-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cory W
lvl.3
Flight distance : 137953 ft
Canada

Hey everyone, I've pinched my GPS-compass pro module cable and exposed the wires inside, wires are still in good condition and GPS signal on DJI app is normal. I don't feel like risking my M600 drone due to cable may fail in the future, can I buy a replacement GPS-compass pro module cable instead of having to buy a whole A3 kit ?

Thanks

2017-3-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I don't believe that will be possible without buying another A3 GPS puck to cannibalize for parts. Even then, it wouldn't be recommended.
2017-3-6
Use props
ricci2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 61158 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello Cory,
your question lead me to believe you have a pro version of the M600 with more than one GPS, if so you have built in redundancy so why don't you do a repair to the outer cable with some heat-shrink. It's a perfectly acceptable field repair in the electronics world as long as the inner cables are looking ok. You could see if you have a local electronics repair facility if you felt your skills were not as good as you might like, worst case is you have to fly manual and flip it to home lock.
I do also see your need to keep the craft safe and give you piece of mind with the cost of the craft and cameras.

ricci
2017-3-6
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

Hey guys, thanks for the information, I don't own the Matrice 600 pro version
2017-3-8
Use props
Cory W
lvl.3
Canada

I'm just wanted to see if their was an option to buy GPS-compass pro module, I can do the repair it's no issue

Thanks again
2017-3-8
Use props
cu3rv0bl4ck
lvl.1

United States

Im in the same boat, looking for a compatible puck to replace it with
2018-10-31
Use props
cu3rv0bl4ck
lvl.1

United States

So i guess im  a newb and cant post a new thread. I have an A3 that is missing a GPS-compass pro module. long story but it got cut and have lost it now. i need to find a replacement without spending 500 for a new unit with an extra IMU.  my question is what GPS pucks are compatible with the A3?
2018-10-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules