1017 13 2017-3-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
M Stuart K
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1267717 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must say that the Mavic has mostly proven itself to be a good aircraft for me so far. My biggest con is the constant need to keep the darn thing in focus. Great: if you are not having issues with this but for me it is an issue. Even after programming the C button underneath it remains a pain in the *#*!  Sometimes it focuses well and at other times after viewing the video I have found footage that lacks focus. Also, when you tape to focus during filming it is a noticeable input on your footage!  
2017-3-6
Use props
Yhadar
lvl.3
Israel

just tap when focus is needed. programming the c1 button to center auto focus will really help with it. i really like the tap to focus to get more depth of field.
2017-3-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

That is where editing come in handy.
2017-3-6
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-6 07:44
That is where editing come in handy.

So you are telling me you can edit poor focus and correct it?  If so, please share!
2017-3-6
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yhadar Posted at 2017-3-6 06:17
just tap when focus is needed. programming the c1 button to center auto focus will really help with it. i really like the tap to focus to get more depth of field.

Like I said; I programmed the C1 button but I found that sometimes even after taping it and I change directions or some other function it has to be tapped again.  Very annoying!
2017-3-6
Use props
QuanthonyTrang
Second Officer
Flight distance : 419980 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Are you using the latest app?
you can use manual mode with focus peaking.
you can use Autofocus with focus peaking.
2017-3-6
Use props
Gary Masson
lvl.3
United Kingdom

I agree. I detest the tap to focus because it causes inaccuracies either on the left or right of the image.  I now centre focus with C1 then flip to manual and leave it there so it does not hunt. I have been testing for weeks now and this is how I have finally solved my focus issues.
2017-3-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-3-6 12:55
So you are telling me you can edit poor focus and correct it?  If so, please share!

POST EDITING!!!! You edit , cut out, remove, make it disappear. You know editing?
2017-3-6
Use props
M Stuart K
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-6 15:31
POST EDITING!!!! You edit , cut out, remove, make it disappear. You know editing?

Pardon me!  Yes I know editing but you evidently did not "read"!  What good does it serve me to "cut out" images that I wanted to use?  You answered a question that was never asked.  Anyone with a mouse can cut out part of a video.  I thought you were telling me that you could "edit the poor focus area"-thought not!
2017-3-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

M Stuart K Posted at 2017-3-6 17:51
Pardon me!  Yes I know editing but you evidently did not "read"!  What good does it serve me to "cut out" images that I wanted to use?  You answered a question that was never asked.  Anyone with a mouse can cut out part of a video.  I thought you were telling me that you could "edit the poor focus area"-thought not!

I read and gave a solution. You can't change how the MAVIC is so you adapt. You don't do continuous shooting. You set your scene, you hover let it roll for few seconds then roll after it is in focus. Any good shoot needs time, set up, and planning. If you don't have patience to do that than find another job.
2017-3-6
Use props
Bennettmike
lvl.2
Flight distance : 227585 ft
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-3-6 15:31

No you can't fix the out of focus video, but you can just cut out the clip where you correct the focus.
2017-3-6
Use props
Pyramid
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Sort it out dronist... your replies are ridiculous and don't bring any value to what the OP initially asked. If you can't add value without being sarcastic then trott on!!
2017-3-6
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bennettmike Posted at 2017-3-6 20:11
No you can't fix the out of focus video, but you can just cut out the clip where you correct the focus.

That is what I meant from the beginning... I never said fix CORRECT IT which what the OP claims that I said.
2017-3-7
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Pyramid Posted at 2017-3-6 22:13
Sort it out dronist... your replies are ridiculous and don't bring any value to what the OP initially asked. If you can't add value without being sarcastic then trott on!!

He started being sarcastic!.

Let me explain slowly for you and him so you can comprehend it too.

There is NOTHING to sort out...

I just said there are NO FIXES for the blur focus with the MAVIC, so what Einstein would do in this scenario: hummmm let me think     

You post edit and remove, cut, slice, whatever term you understand, the section of the video that it is BLUUUUUURY.  

Read my first post I never said "CORRECT" which OP claims I said when he sarcastically replied. Then I further explained it to him and now to your majesty.  
2017-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules