Latest Mavic Firmware 3-2-2017 update killed my Mavic
3003 5 2017-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
dtu20022002.yah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376411 ft
United States

Let me first say that my Mavic Pro was working perfectly before the 3/2/17 firmware update. When the DJI Go 4 app alerted that the new firmware was available, I downloaded the firmware and tried to update my Mavic/controller using the wireless network. THe firmware was downloaded successfully but the update would stop at 39% every single time. I tried at least a dozen different times. Online tech support recommended that I download DJI Assistant 2 and "hardwire" from the PC to the Mavic using the micro-usb cable. The app was able to connect to the Mavic a couple of times successfully but the firmware update failed. Now, the app cannot connect to the Mavic at all. Now I have to send the Mavic in for repair which will take months .....
Just a heads up for everyone.

2017-3-7
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

The update can take up to a half hour, you do not want to interrupt by power cycling when it hangs at a certain percentage, it will get past that and complete.
Delete the app and reinstall and it should be able to complete the update.
2017-3-7
Use props
dtu20022002.yah
lvl.1
Flight distance : 376411 ft
United States

DJI-Ken Posted at 2017-3-7 13:28
The update can take up to a half hour, you do not want to interrupt by power cycling when it hangs at a certain percentage, it will get past that and complete.
Delete the app and reinstall and it should be able to complete the update.

I uninstalled and reinstalled in 3 different PC's and the DJI Assistant 2 app will NOT connect to the Mavic at all.
2017-3-8
Use props
DJI-Ken
DJI team
Flight distance : 1515312 ft
  • >>>
United States

dtu20022002.yah Posted at 2017-3-8 21:11
I uninstalled and reinstalled in 3 different PC's and the DJI Assistant 2 app will NOT connect to the Mavic at all.

The Assistant2 and GO app are two different things.
The Assistant2 is the computer software program and the app is the DJI GO4 app.
Did you delete/reinstall the GO4 app then see if it says update required?
Also, you can connect the Mavic to your computer and run the Assistant2 and upgrade the firmware that way.
What happens when you try both? And can you take a short video clip of attempting both.
Do you get any error codes in the app?
2017-3-9
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

My mavic no longer works after this update as well.

If I select auto take off, the mavic will lift off but then I am unable to land it.

It seems that this update has made it so so the joysticks are no longer working properly.

I have tried different USB cables, I have tried rolling back to the old version with no success. I can do a factory reset on the drone but when I try to do this on the RC it says it failed.

2017-3-19
Use props
fans75505490
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

PROBLEM: The RC would calibrate with the drone off but would not save the settings.
SOLUTION: Performing the RC calibration with the drone ON, would allow the settings to be saved onto the controller.

How to do it?

1.) With your drone off, open up the calibration window on your phone / tablet while connected to the controller.
2.) Do not start the calibration yet.
3.) Turn the drone on with the calibration window open.
4.) Begin calibrating the unit
5.) Once your calibration is complete, you should be set.

For whatever reasons when I would calibrate the RC with the drone off this would not help my issue. With the drone on, aftrer calibrating the RC the new settings would be recorded properly and my joystick position would be zeroed out where as historically it would show that the joystick positions were slightly off from 0 for both the left and the right controller.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules