Cant unlock Yellow NFZ -It worked before?
1247 4 2017-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
Flight distance : 48146 ft
United States

I got my AC back & it was a replacement AC & Conroller but now I cant get my local airport (small air strip no tower) to unlock.
It worked on the first Mavic.
I have two Mavic & I cant unlock eather one.
When I log into my acount at DJI it shows as unlocked for 3 days. I have checked the S/N on both AC & they are Unlocked acording to DGI.
It shows up under (ME) in the app as valid I tried it on my Iphone 6Plus & Ipad Mini 4 both show it under (me) as valid.
Does anyone have an idea? I am going to have the first non rainy day's this weekend its been raining over 3 weeks & would love to fly.
I know I can just disable the GEO in the app put I would rather not & be safe.

Any ideas you might have id love to try?
2017-3-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

There's another post about unlocking issues with the latest firmware .0500 -- the OP related a response from support that stated unlocking is not possible with this firmware and another update is forthcoming to address the issue.

In my case an area in which I had previously requested and received an unlocking license no longer requires it, so it appears the recent NFZ updates are a bit of a mixed bag.
2017-3-11
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

Ex Machina Posted at 2017-3-11 06:55
There's another post about unlocking issues with the latest firmware .0500 -- the OP related a response from support that stated unlocking is not possible with this firmware and another update is forthcoming to address the issue.

In my case an area in which I had previously requested and received an unlocking license no longer requires it, so it appears the recent NFZ updates are a bit of a mixed bag.

would you send me a link to that forum?

who would I send a message to about it?

This makes my Mavic hard to flyl all over my home area with a (football field as a safe place to fly) across the street from my home &  in a small  town because the small airport (strip no towers) sits on top of town looking down on all of us i have to go a long way while fighting the weather. I checked with a person that had been flying for 40+ years & is an FAA certified trainer for becoming a pilot up to small jets.
2017-3-11
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

Rick-Becco Posted at 2017-3-11 10:03
would you send me a link to that forum?

who would I send a message to about it?

It's this thread.

I think you send queries about unlocking problems to flysafe@dji.com. Good luck!

2017-3-11
Use props
Rick-Becco
lvl.4
United States

I sent this letter into support because of the mistakes they cost me another week of no flying & it was Me that had to figure it out.{:4_173:}

I could not unlock any zones because of bad quality control in the repair dept. & they spend days just on quality control.

Below is the email that I received before parts came back from repair.
The remote does not have the same or correct S/N so I have been having a hard time flying – I can’t unlock airport (air Strip no tower) & my whole town is in the zone.

Your product for repair regarding case No.

CAS-452151-D3F2M0

has been shipped via UPS and your tracking number is 1ZE80E404248039269. Please use this tracking number to check the delivery status and be advised that UPS may contact you directly.

Product Details:
Product Name        Serial Number        Quantity
Aircraft        08QDE2D012047E        1
Remote Controller        08WJE170C10549        1

The correct  S/N is (08RDDCV00104H9) for the remote controller & that is why I could not unlock any yellow zones.
This has taken me days to figure out.
Please get it corrected in your database so that if I need repair you have the correct remote controller S/N  is (08RDDCV00104H9).
It gets even better (I just looked at the back of remote) the S/N on the back of my controller is the one that was in the email above but is not the controllers correct S/N the that is readable thru the GO app (about) it shows (08RDDCV00104H9) & the back of my remote shows (08WJE170C10549).
It is the one that I read in the app that let me unlock my zone. S/N is (08RDDCV00104H9) =GOOD
Now what happens if I ever have to return it for care refresh or any kind of repair?
We have the S/N on the back (bad one) & the one in your email (still bad one) then the one that shows up in the app (08RDDCV00104H9) it is the one that works.

Rick
2017-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules