27622 23 2017-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crahen
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2454 ft
United States

Hello,
I've already submitted a support ticket and waiting to hear back but  wondering if anyone else has had this issue. The video output (both on  screen and actual video files) are not level. I've calibrated the IMU,  compass, and gimbal several times all with the same result. Thanks.

MavicPro Tilted.jpg
2017-3-12
Use props
geofox784
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1482175 ft
United States

Settings > Gimbal > Adjust Gimbal Role
2017-3-12
Use props
Mikedefieslife
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6627 ft
United Kingdom

Which will be fine until he does any lateral movement then the horizon will go off again. It's a known problem with the Mavic
2017-3-12
Use props
crahen
lvl.1
United States

Thanks for the replies. I couldn't find anything on the DJI forum from others having the same issue, but just discovered the Mavic Pilots forum and sure enough seems to be an issue. Mine is pretty bad, hopefully a solution is found soon.
2017-3-12
Use props
crahen
lvl.1
United States

I found the shortcut to change the roll setting (hold C2 and adjust via wheel) also found it in the app. I have to adjust it to 1.4 to make it level, seems to hold setting after aircraft restarts and will do some test flights and see how it holds up.
2017-3-12
Use props
Pjones2600
lvl.1
Flight distance : 989455 ft
United States

It's funny you brought this up. I've noticed the same thing on my Mavic for about 4 months now. I just thought it was normal being I calibrated all camera settings. However, I just had a crash that involved the camera jerking left and I was monitoring the craft through the GOapp and in response I hit the stick right to recover. Long story short it hit the wall when I did that. A person watching said it was coming back in line with me until it veered off into the wall.

When I was assessing the damage I noticed the gimbal flat ribbon was swollen and charred like it shorted out. Maybe why the camera jerked?
every now and then before I would get the error " gimbal obstructed " ( without the camera holder) but return to be okay.
* I have a picture but I don't know how to upload to the site here.*

2017-3-12
Use props
VincentSal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1373146 ft
United States

There is a setting that allows you to correct the gimble roll, using the App. Let me locate it.
2017-3-12
Use props
VincentSal
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1373146 ft
United States

Power on the Drone and Controller.
Connect to phone and open the App.
Select Go Fly
Top Left ••• (settings)
Second option from the bottom = Gimbel Settings
Adjust Gimbal Roll.
Make sure your phone app is the latest update and also your drones.
2017-3-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

If you have tried to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, horizon still tilted. I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.
2017-3-13
Use props
Ttony1976
lvl.2
Flight distance : 791562 ft
United Kingdom

Same issue with my Mavic, Nothing I do sorts it out, gimbal calibration done, and Adjusted Gimbal Role, someone said I could connect to dgi assistant, but not sure what that's going to do ?
2017-3-13
Use props
DRONE#JONES
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Mindy.  I'm waiting to receive the shipping label now..

2017-3-13
Use props
crahen
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 01:56
If you have tried to calibrate the IMU and gimbal, horizon still tilted. I'd suggest you to send it in for further evaluation.

Thanks, DJI Support responded to my request (quickly even though it was a weekend) and it seems a return or repair is planned. I've had my Mavic less than I week, so will miss it and hoping not to get back someone else's used Mavic.
2017-3-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

crahen Posted at 2017-3-13 14:54
Thanks, DJI Support responded to my request (quickly even though it was a weekend) and it seems a return or repair is planned. I've had my Mavic less than I week, so will miss it and hoping not to get back someone else's used Mavic.

Thank you for your update.
If you have any further query about your case, please feel free to let me know.
I'm here to help.
2017-3-14
Use props
DRONE#JONES
lvl.1
United States

Same with me! I filed for repair and I actually got a response on a Sunday! Here lately it looks like DJI is trying to turn around their customer service!!

I will be reporting my progress..IF everything goes well DJI will have a new  Long time  customer! Look out YUNEEC!!
2017-3-14
Use props
Sp1k3
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-3-13 01:56

I agree, if after calibration it doesnt hold the horizon, then you have a problem with the IMU in the gimbal. This needs to be replaced.
2017-3-14
Use props
strick2210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119485 ft
United States

I have the same issue. I had to set my gimble roll to 1.4 to 1.7 to keep horizon. I am interested to hear if anyone sent theirs in for repair and it came back fixed.
2017-3-14
Use props
Schata
lvl.3
Flight distance : 727641 ft
Germany

Have the same issue even when I only need to set it to -0.9 and not such a high values others have to. But as also written above it needs to be adjusted from time to time as it seems to shift to the one or other direction.
2017-3-14
Use props
crahen
lvl.1
United States

Although DJI support responded quickly and offered to repair/replace the drone I decided to return it to the place I bought it and have already received my new replacement. I just didn't want to exchange my brand new Mavic for a used/repaired one. After testing I can let you know if the new one has the same issues.
2017-3-18
Use props
crahen
lvl.1
United States

I updated the firmware, calibrated the IMU and then the gimbal. The camera was not level after the auto calibration, so I had to manually set it, its at .9. will fly it and see how it goes.
2017-3-18
Use props
strick2210
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119485 ft
United States

Finally received my new mavic from DJI. They replaced my aircraft body instead of just replacing the gimbal / camera. So far no tilt issue from my testing. I haven't had it out long. Hopefully this week I can get out and fly for an hour or two.
2017-4-16
Use props
alirz5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 609833 ft
Canada

The tilted horizon issue has existed since the early phantom 3 days. It affects pretty much all Dji drones till now....There is nothing you can do to fix it.  No gimbal roll or calibration is going to fix the problem permanently. Even if you correct the tilt, the moment you turn the drone around left or right, the tilt will come back in almost all cases, especially when there is even slight wind. Don't bother replacing your unit etc. Not gong to help. I have phantom 3 pro, phantom 4 and the mavic. They all this problem.
2017-4-16
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Think posted on this before http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 0526&fromuid=429792

Once done, haven't had to do it again. But you will have to check the horizon before a shoot. If it's off, adjust with c2+exposure dial and it will remember. The calibrations that come with the mavic work, but they definitely aren't the best. Had a lot of gimbal issues with stock and bad imu calibrations.
2017-4-16
Use props
michaeldk
lvl.1
Cyprus

Also having the horizon issue on my brand new Mavic. Left side is almost always 1-1.3 degrees tilted, up. Very annoying as I have to correct it and reduce my 4K footage to sub-4k. What's the point of gimbal calibration if it can't even keep level ? Even a software fix (horizon check ---> do automatic gimbal correction, as an option) would be useful. Can't imagen a €1200 device has an issue this serious..
2017-4-16
Use props
NW_Nikon
New
United States

My advice is....if your gimbal is working straight outta the box, don't ever perform the auto calibrate.  Mine worked fine until I performed it's first auto calibration.
2018-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules