Gimbal vibrations causing Jello (Video Included)
457 1 2017-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

So I have had my drone for less 5 days now (it arrived 03/09 - it is now 03/13).. Beautiful quality picture, except that the gimbal has had some issues.. The first issue it had was during the IMU calibration following the firmware update. During the calibration when you lay the AC on it's left side - the gimbal was making a lot of noise and vibrating so bad that the IMU calibration wouldn't finish. I restarted the IMU calibration, but this time I tilted the AC far enough before I set it down that the gimbal stayed level with the AC without trying to stay level with the ground (this caused the extreme vibration to go away and the calibration completed successfully - the extreme vibration is not present normally, but a low level hum instead).  I was looking at video I took yesterday and I started to notice some jello in it during scenes shot 60fps, later I also noted that they were there at lower framerates as well (just not as noticable). I noticed the vibration coming from the drone when I went to change out the battery and thought it was from the fan maybe - until I noticed it disappeared during the power off sequence before the fan even turned off.
I decided to do a test without the motors turned on and the drone on the ground. I couldn't feel any vibrations at first, but after a few minutes of it sitting there, the vibrations started again. At this point I decided to start video to document this issue. I am not dissappointed with the AC - I know how complex these things are, but I really hope that DJI can make a fast turn around with this.

One question I have is about DJI care vs regular warranty. On the support page it asks about DJI care and if I have it - and I do. Why would there be a faster turn around?? I am not wanting to use my DJI care to get something that is under warranty repaired - I want it fixed for free (I'm not afraid to admit I don't completely understand DJI care). The other question is, what am I supposed to pack this thing in (I am going to use the original cardboard box it was shipped in but don't know what to pack it in) and why the heck can't they just keep the grey box with it so I KNOW that it will be safe during the trip.. They told me to send it back with only the battery but to keep the grey box, and everything else..

Why can't I just exchange it?? It's only a few days old?
Video of it here..

2017-3-13
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Following up on this interaction. I called the same line again.. They told me yes to send it back in the grey box to make sure it is safe. He said the last guy I talked to must have lost something in translation.. At least now I know.. And maybe someone else following this thread will too now..
2017-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules