I'm confused -- purchased DJI refresh, DJI contradicts agreement?
1373 18 2017-3-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
altjx
lvl.1
United States

I just bought my new drone around February 14th, and bought DJI Care Refresh on the 15th. Well, about a week or two later, I lost signal even though the drone was about 5ft above the ground and maybe 30 yds away and the drone ran into a post in a parking garage. Completely my fault, but I was under the impression that accidents like this was covered under the warranty?

It took DJI about a week and a half to get back to me after the drone had arrived to their location, and today I just finally got another response stating the following:

"Dear Customer,   Unfortunately, damage that is not caused by a product malfunction or is out of the warranty period is not covered by DJI aftersales policy.   We'll either repair it or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received.   For more information, please visit http://www.dji.com/service/policy DJI North America"

However, the DJI Care Refresh Agreement specifically states under the Coverage section that "If damage occurs accidentally to your proudct under normal use, DJI Care Refresh offers up to two replacement units for a small additional charge each time the service is requested." Additionally, it states, "Damage to aircraft, gimbal or camera due to dropping, compressing, or crashing caused by operator error or accident, will be supported by the replacement service provided that the unit is sent to DJI within a period of validity."

DJI gave me a repair quote of $855. Is it possible that DJI is not aware of my DJI Care Refresh plan? If this is indeed true, I feel like I wasted my money on the DJI care refresh plan.
2017-3-14
Use props
fansb2edd25e
lvl.3
Flight distance : 736775 ft
United States

I'd definitely argue their position.   I purchased the refresh program specifically for the case you mention pilot error and it was outlined as a covered scenario
2017-3-14
Use props
EdM
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1491814 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you mention to them that you had the plan?   You don't think they would go to the trouble of looking it up on their own now do you?
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Could you happen to provide your case number, so I can look into it?
2017-3-14
Use props
stalker
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13632 ft
Netherlands

Ouch, this would be bad. I purchased DJI Care Refresh for exactly the reason you mentioned.
2017-3-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

I can check you case number from your forum email and I have brought this to our management.
There might be some misunderstanding here. Sorry for that.
We will help to get it solved as soon as possible.
2017-3-15
Use props
altjx
lvl.1
United States

Ok, so I called support today and informed them about this and apparently there were not aware of the DJI refresh plan. I was expecting DJI to look up the serial number and see if there's a plan available since the DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement has my drone's serial number in it.

I apologize for not posting back here sooner. I thought it would take awhile before getting some assistance.

The representative was able to get me taken care of, although it'll cost an extra business day. I'm all good now.

Thanks for the quick responses guys!
2017-3-15
Use props
marctronixx
lvl.4
Flight distance : 210118 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yeah this sounds like some confusion on DJs part. Your accident should be covered under the refresh.
2017-3-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know what you paid for the "refresh" plan, but I paid $60 for replacement insurance with no deductible. no fault, no matter what! Brand new P3P kit if you break it, crash it, drown it, loose it!
2017-3-15
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

that should def be a covered situation!
2017-3-15
Use props
#shotxclvck
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3423297 ft
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-3-15 08:43
I don't know what you paid for the "refresh" plan, but I paid $60 for replacement insurance with no deductible. no fault, no matter what! Brand new P3P kit if you break it, crash it, drown it, loose it!

whats the name of in the insurance company- im also looking in the california area for insurance low cost no haggle
2017-3-15
Use props
altjx
lvl.1
United States

MJLSTUDIOS Posted at 2017-3-15 08:43

Yep I got a call from someone at DJI too even after I called them earlier just to confirm everything. It should be around the same. It sounds like they just didn't match my drone with the plan for whatever reason.

I have to say I'm really pleased with the customer service from DJI.
2017-3-15
Use props
fansd78a5e13
lvl.1
Flight distance : 249101 ft
United States

I got the same message from them when I sent mine in a few weeks ago.  The difference in my case, is that I shipped my P4P with a printed copy of my Care refresh agreement.  That didn't help, apparently.  I've been going back and forth with them in chat and emails for the last week and a half over it, and there's still no resolution.  I don't mind waiting for repairs, but I hate delays due to miscommunication and oversight.

Would love it if someone could check on my case too.  I haven't received an email response since a week ago, and the repair status remains stuck at evaluation / quote stage.
2017-3-15
Use props
altjx
lvl.1
United States

fansd78a5e13 Posted at 2017-3-15 10:05
I got the same message from them when I sent mine in a few weeks ago.  The difference in my case, is that I shipped my P4P with a printed copy of my Care refresh agreement.  That didn't help, apparently.  I've been going back and forth with them in chat and emails for the last week and a half over it, and there's still no resolution.  I don't mind waiting for repairs, but I hate delays due to miscommunication and oversight.

Would love it if someone could check on my case too.  I haven't received an email response since a week ago, and the repair status remains stuck at evaluation / quote stage.

Damn. Man I'd definitely give them a call if I were you. I called first thing this morning, even though I created this post last night, and they got me taken care of immediately while on the call. I even got a call back a few hours later from what appeared to be a manager of some sort.

That seriously sucks to hear though man. I'm anxious to get back flying.
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

altjx Posted at 2017-3-15 07:22
Ok, so I called support today and informed them about this and apparently there were not aware of the DJI refresh plan. I was expecting DJI to look up the serial number and see if there's a plan available since the DJI Care Refresh Service Agreement has my drone's serial number in it.

I apologize for not posting back here sooner. I thought it would take awhile before getting some assistance.

Thank you for your update. :-)
2017-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansd78a5e13 Posted at 2017-3-15 10:05

I can check your case number from your forum email.I have brought this to our management and they will help to follow up your case.
Sorry for the unpleasant experience.
2017-3-15
Use props
MJLSTUDIOS
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1540131 ft
  • >>>
United States

#shotxclvck Posted at 2017-3-15 08:57
whats the name of in the insurance company- im also looking in the california area for insurance low cost no haggle

State Farm Insurance. There is a ton of posts I made on this subject. I believe I saw a post that CA. does not offer this for drones. You will have to check it out.
2017-3-16
Use props
2Blades
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99908 ft
United States

stalker Posted at 2017-3-14 22:58
Ouch, this would be bad. I purchased DJI Care Refresh for exactly the reason you mentioned.

Ditto! I purchased it too, I'm  hoping for a better outcome  for you and  I'm sure many are  watching!!
2017-3-16
Use props
RandyHat
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I also have some issues with the Care Refresh program:

I have a Pro+ that has a problem with the gimbal stability during flight.  This issue has been discussed extensively on this site BTW.  I talked to DJI support and since neither firmware update nor gimbal calibration fixed the issue they recommended I send it in.  Before I returned it I flew it one more time.  The gimbal problem repeated itself.  At the end of my flight and when I was packing up the aircraft fell out of my hands an onto the ground.  Not a hard hit...nothing was broken...except two small plastic covers that are directly behind the sensors on the strut popped out of their socket.  I tried to pop them back in but they would not go.  I called DJI support again on this issue to see if there was a trick to re-inserting these pieces.  They told me that these are installed by machine and would have to be re-inserted by machine and I needed to send it back.  So I did.  A couple of days ago I get an email invoice from DJI for $99 to replace the aircraft under the DJI care program which I purchased.  I was given no other option on the invoice but to pay....which I did.  I used one of my care refresh replacements for a simple issue of just re-inserting two small plastic covers.  That doesnt seem right.  I think I would have rather paid to have the two pieces inserted than have the aircraft replaced...but again I was not given that option.  Also, I think it would have been a nice gesture on the part of DJI to have just re-inserted those covers at no cost since I was already being inconvienced by having to return the aircraft for a warranty issue.  I certainly don't expect, nor do I feel I deserve that favor...just seems it would have been a customer friendly thing to do.  In any case I guess I am "stuck" with getting a replacement for $99.
2017-3-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules