Is there any support and update for Epson Moverio BT300?
4243 25 2017-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10696686 ft
  • >>>
Hong Kong

After my latest firmware update of Mavic.  The DJI go 4.03 special for BT300 act VERY unstable.  Seriously, I was worried about this BT300 when I bought it.  But don't expect the problem happen so fast at my second flight.  The main problem is both DJI and Epson lag of support of this device, and DJI drone update way faster than it can possible to catch up.  If DJI don't address their app issue then this BT300 is going to be completely useless for control Mavic.  Below are the issue noticed after upgrade.

1.) It occassionally jump out of the app when press Enter device.
2.) Even connected when I tried to change Camera setting, the screen will jump back out to the Enter Device screen.
3.) When press any flight log or try to sync flight records, it will jump out of the app.
4.) The WORST is when it connected and take off.  The video feed transfer is lag like hell after short while of flight time within one hundred meters distance.

I had tried to install the 4.04 and 4.05 apk bypass Moverio apps market.  And both installed and opened, but the problem from 1 to 3 still exist.  I have not try to fly with these two version yet.  As this is very scary experience with what I just have with 4.03.  Almost like blind fly without know when your Mavic located.  I suggest people bought this BT300 don't update their Mavic firmware until DJI further notice.  
2017-3-15
Use props
Peter Galbavy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545377 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the warning.

You should be able to downgrade one version using the PC/Mac app.
2017-3-16
Use props
bobo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1544416 ft
  • >>>
United States

I commented on this http://forum.dji.com/thread-87454-1-1.html
2017-3-16
Use props
Stane
New

India

thanks for posting this. its amazing its amazing if we use emulator like this  drastic apk downlaod
2017-4-14
Use props
rejul
New

India

dont worry there is definitely a solution for this on PSnama or you can use lucky patcher apk for the same
2017-6-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Peter Galbavy Posted at 2017-3-16 03:13
Thanks for the warning.

You should be able to downgrade one version using the PC/Mac app.

What do you mean by downgrade?  This problem is here since BT300 launched.  None of the DJI GO 4 solve this.
2017-6-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

rejul Posted at 2017-6-23 13:03
dont worry there is definitely a solution for this on PSnama or you can use lucky patcher apk for the same

I even tried the latest version of DJI GO 4 from Google store APK, but the problem still the same.
2017-6-23
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

bobo Posted at 2017-3-16 03:16
I commented on this http://forum.dji.com/thread-87454-1-1.html

Yes but the problem is not solve from DJI or Epson.  The flight log sync still screw up the GO app even with the latest .03 BT300 firmware and 4.1 DJI GO 4 app.
2017-6-23
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
Flight distance : 394626 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-6-23 18:26
Yes but the problem is not solve from DJI or Epson.  The flight log sync still screw up the GO app even with the latest .03 BT300 firmware and 4.1 DJI GO 4 app.

A special version of DJI Go / DJI Go 4 that is created for the Moverio, you say?
2017-7-3
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-3 03:52
A special version of DJI Go / DJI Go 4 that is created for the Moverio, you say?

Yes or no, The problem persist even the side load Google play store version.  So I think that is the BT300 problem but neither Epson nor DJI want to take care of it.
If you think DJI service suck... wait until you try Epson...  they are absolutely hopeless.
2017-7-3
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-3 20:07
Yes or no, The problem persist even the side load Google play store version.  So I think that is the BT300 problem but neither Epson nor DJI want to take care of it.
If you think DJI service suck... wait until you try Epson...  they are absolutely hopeless.

Which is why, after several days of research through multiple forums, I decided not to get the BT300. While the Goggles are a heavier and bulkier alternative, it works right out of the box, for the intended/specific purpose.
2017-7-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 02:19
Which is why, after several days of research through multiple forums, I decided not to get the BT300. While the Goggles are a heavier and bulkier alternative, it works right out of the box, for the intended/specific purpose.

Sorry to hear that, as I still think BT300 in many way still superior than DJI Goggles.  But if it came to apps and firmware capability issue thats the problem between Epson and DJI.  As customer we have nothing to do with it but just suffer due to their communication problem.
2017-7-9
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-9 02:19

Sorry to hear that, as I still think BT300 in many way still superior than DJI Goggles.  But if it came to apps and firmware capability issue thats the problem between Epson and DJI.  As customer we have nothing to do with it but just suffer due to their communication problem.
2017-7-9
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-9 19:00

I've tried the BT300. it's really nice, and I like the compact size and lightweight attributes, but DJI has enough communication shenanigans between internal teams, I can't imagine how they deal with external parties (e.g. Samsung and why 4k isn't supported on the Osmo Mobile...)
2017-7-10
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-10 04:12
I've tried the BT300. it's really nice, and I like the compact size and lightweight attributes, but DJI has enough communication shenanigans between internal teams, I can't imagine how they deal with external parties (e.g. Samsung and why 4k isn't supported on the Osmo Mobile...)

So far the best party DJI ever work with is Apple.  Thats why 99% of the time apps work fine in IOS devices in compare to the rest.  Of course BT300 support is one of the worst.
2017-7-10
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-10 18:53
So far the best party DJI ever work with is Apple.  Thats why 99% of the time apps work fine in IOS devices in compare to the rest.  Of course BT300 support is one of the worst.

I have to agree with you on that. DJI Go 4 works better on my 2 year old iPhone 6 Plus than it does on a brand new Samsung S8+ or S7 Edge. That's one of the main reasons why I'm exploring getting a Phantom 4 Pro with the built-in screen (if it's even launched - I haven't see one yet) or a CrystalSky display.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-11 03:56
I have to agree with you on that. DJI Go 4 works better on my 2 year old iPhone 6 Plus than it does on a brand new Samsung S8+ or S7 Edge. That's one of the main reasons why I'm exploring getting a Phantom 4 Pro with the built-in screen (if it's even launched - I haven't see one yet) or a CrystalSky display.

Ken-W

If I were you will take second thought on the 4Pro plus, as that screen is way too small to use and it is running android.  I would say not anything better than other android phone device but it lock up the possibility of 3rd party app install.  Since you are in this group are you the owner of BT300?  Other than all the problem with app and relationship between Epson and DJI.  That is the best piece of device I ever experienced on drone.
2017-7-11
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-11 18:03
Ken-W

If I were you will take second thought on the 4Pro plus, as that screen is way too small to use and it is running android.  I would say not anything better than other android phone device but it lock up the possibility of 3rd party app install.  Since you are in this group are you the owner of BT300?  Other than all the problem with app and relationship between Epson and DJI.  That is the best piece of device I ever experienced on drone.

The BT300 has been on my list since Lynh shared it across a number of FB groups. I've been following a lot of forum threads regarding the set up and use, along with strengths and weaknesses of the device. I'm a spectacle wearer myself and managed to try it out while I was in Singapore.

Granted, it's wonderfully light compared to the Goggles, and frankly, in a warm, humid environment, less muggy to wear. Also, I look much less of a dork in public spaces. Unfortunately, like the Goggles, it fits a bit badly over my spectacles and tends to slide down my nose. I've not found a way to wear them comfortably, and that's not even getting to the display in bright sunlight, which requires the use of the blackout lenses.

It's a more expensive device, and I'd really expect it to work better with DJI Go out of the box (one of my biggest gripes about DJI is the instability on Android devices, and how it heats up the device ridiculously quickly (forcing a device shutdown), and in some cases, drains the battery to 50% in a matter of minutes.

That's not to say that I'd not want a BT300. I would love to get my hands on one, but I need to know that it's going to as stable as DJI Go on DJI's CrystalSky displays or iOS devices.
2017-7-11
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-11 19:34
The BT300 has been on my list since Lynh shared it across a number of FB groups. I've been following a lot of forum threads regarding the set up and use, along with strengths and weaknesses of the device. I'm a spectacle wearer myself and managed to try it out while I was in Singapore.

Granted, it's wonderfully light compared to the Goggles, and frankly, in a warm, humid environment, less muggy to wear. Also, I look much less of a dork in public spaces. Unfortunately, like the Goggles, it fits a bit badly over my spectacles and tends to slide down my nose. I've not found a way to wear them comfortably, and that's not even getting to the display in bright sunlight, which requires the use of the blackout lenses.

I don’t think you tried everything, as BT300 do come with another nose part which specially for glasses wearing and western people use.  Thats work great on me.  The extra sun len came with the package is not dark enough, so I put on extra dark sunshade sticker used for window.  Those all together work perfectly well even go out on a super sunny day.  DJI goggles does not work well for people with glasses too, there is a lot negative comment about that.
BT300 is a bit of pricy thats for sure, actually DJI surprise when they release goggles in such a cheap price.  
2017-7-11
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-11 22:10
I don’t think you tried everything, as BT300 do come with another nose part which specially for glasses wearing and western people use.  Thats work great on me.  The extra sun len came with the package is not dark enough, so I put on extra dark sunshade sticker used for window.  Those all together work perfectly well even go out on a super sunny day.  DJI goggles does not work well for people with glasses too, there is a lot negative comment about that.
BT300 is a bit of pricy thats for sure, actually DJI surprise when they release goggles in such a cheap price.

The demo unit I tried didn't have the nose pads, and I just realized the BT300 does come with it. Sadly, at this point in time, while funds allow me to buy a BT300, the fact that DJI Go 4 doesn't work on it isn't encouraging.
2017-7-12
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-12 00:57
The demo unit I tried didn't have the nose pads, and I just realized the BT300 does come with it. Sadly, at this point in time, while funds allow me to buy a BT300, the fact that DJI Go 4 doesn't work on it isn't encouraging.

DJI GO 4 does work on BT300, but you have to side load it.  The original one inside Moverio Market store will get update eventually hopefully sooner than later....
2017-7-12
Use props
Ken-W
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

MAVICDLNM Posted at 2017-7-12 22:51
DJI GO 4 does work on BT300, but you have to side load it.  The original one inside Moverio Market store will get update eventually hopefully sooner than later....

Right. Off I go to eBay now.
2017-7-13
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

Ken-W Posted at 2017-7-13 05:41
Right. Off I go to eBay now.

tell us what you think when you get it.
2017-7-13
Use props
djiuser_rDsDYJj
New

India

Thanks for supplying the information.
Drastic Ds Emulator Apk
2017-7-19
Use props
russ43phantom
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1067231 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have been using the BT-300 glasses with my Phantom 4 Pro all summer and into the fall using DJI G0 4.  Manual and Flight modes have worked fine. I think the main issue with using any of the DJI applications is to assure that ALL your software is up-to-date.  Your device (BT-300), your controller, and your Phantom 4 Pro all need to be at the most recent level. To understand what the current levels are, you need to go on the DJI sight at the download window.  BTW ... this is one reason having all products from one vendor can be helpful.

Good luck.  Enjoy flying.  I find that the real advantage of using the BT-300 glasses is that I can see both the area around the drown (my flight space) and the video return coming via the drone camera feed.  I have also found that if you are experiencing a delay in the camera feed, you need to be sure to close out ALL running applications except the DJI GO 4 (and be sure only one copy of that program is running).
2017-11-29
Use props
MAVICDLNM
lvl.4
  • >>>
Hong Kong

russ43phantom Posted at 2017-11-29 09:33
I have been using the BT-300 glasses with my Phantom 4 Pro all summer and into the fall using DJI G0 4.  Manual and Flight modes have worked fine. I think the main issue with using any of the DJI applications is to assure that ALL your software is up-to-date.  Your device (BT-300), your controller, and your Phantom 4 Pro all need to be at the most recent level. To understand what the current levels are, you need to go on the DJI sight at the download window.  BTW ... this is one reason having all products from one vendor can be helpful.

Good luck.  Enjoy flying.  I find that the real advantage of using the BT-300 glasses is that I can see both the area around the drown (my flight space) and the video return coming via the drone camera feed.  I have also found that if you are experiencing a delay in the camera feed, you need to be sure to close out ALL running applications except the DJI GO 4 (and be sure only one copy of that program is running).

The problem was solved by recent DJI GO 4 update from Moverio Market place.
2017-11-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules