849 7 2017-3-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Which software for (Windows) video editing do you guys recommend?
(Sorry if this has been discussed here before. Couldn't find it. The search function in this forum is very poor!)

I'm very new to the video shooting/editing part and hope for some advice.
I'm not into a monthly subscription with Adobe Premiere. One time purchase is ok.
Movie Maker is ok for the very beginner. It helped me generate my 2 Youtube videos ;-)
But that's about it.

I tried DaVinci Resolve. It makes me wanna throw my PC out the window! I tried it with some videos from my P4P. With final rendering it all got messed up.
BTW: Does DaVinci have no mp4 output option??! Couldn't find it.

Learning by doing is very hard with professional software.
I will need to find someone who is teaching me. Or go through tons of online tutorials. I'm ready to go for it!
But which product? Any recommendations?

Thank you!

2017-3-16
Use props
Callatis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 511112 ft
Canada

I use Adobe Premiere CS6
2017-3-16
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

There is a lot of content on Youtube
2017-3-17
Use props
RicardoGray
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

Depending on what version of windows your running, Microsoft has some free stuff, especially for windows 10.
I use Wondershare Filmorma and it works very well IMO. It is free to download and trial for 30-days, but if you look there are cracks for it on youtube that you can register it for free and have the full version. I know it's not right, but a ton of people do it. And if that doesn't interest you, there are a lot of others for free on the internet. I know it is not answering your question as which one to use, but it kind of depends on what you want it to do. Basic editing and clipping with the ability to add music is not hard to find. Some of the higher end stuff you will have to probably pay for.
2017-3-17
Use props
Dexter1759
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5253 ft
United Kingdom

I'm in the same boat as you, complete novice when it comes to video editing and not sure what I'm going to use just yet.  It seems Davinici is likely the best free option.  Whilst most people recommend Adobe Premiere Pro, but it costs a fair bit.  I might try the free trial for premiere pro and see which is easiest, once I've got some footage off my Mavic.
2017-3-24
Use props
CharlyB767
lvl.1

United Kingdom

http://www.cyberlink.com/stat/ed ... r-D10P/uk/index.jsp  Go for the Ultimate version
2017-3-24
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchases a copy of Corel Video Studio X10 outright because I don't want to pay monthly subscription fees.
I own the software and can use it whenever I chose. It was $100 and I can do virtually anything with it. (Still learning how to use it)
I tried various freebies, Davinci and a free trial of Lightroom, but kept running into walls.
Seemed like everything I wanted to do wasn't offered in the free trial versions.
2017-3-24
Use props
DroneSmeg
lvl.4
Flight distance : 478461 ft
Taiwan

If you can find an old copy of Windows Movie Maker 2012, which came as part of Windows essentials in earlier versions fo Windows, that would be an easy-to-learn, free option. Otherwise, search for Shotcut.   
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules