[Mavic] focus peaking + portrait BUG
1398 7 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZHD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177096 ft
Russia

Hello. This is more of a Bug report on DJI GO 4 Android App.

Also I would like to know if anyone else having the same behaviour... on iOS too

After latest app update 4.0.5 new Focus peaking feature was introduced.
I have noticed that applying it during gimbal is in portrait mode, renders camera preview 90°

My guess developers forgot to apply (or applied twice) rotation transformation to the image preview..

Landscape - Focus Peaking : ON

Portrait - Focus Peaking : OFF

Portrait - Focus Peaking : ON

2017-3-17
Use props
ZHD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 177096 ft
Russia

Resulting photographs are oriented correctly.
So it is definitely preview issue
2017-3-17
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120784 ft
United Kingdom

Its astounding isn't it how the DJI coding chimps can get so much, so wrong all of the time! That's quite an achievement really.
2017-3-17
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1873806 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-3-17 05:35
Its astounding isn't it how the DJI coding chimps can get so much, so wrong all of the time! That's quite an achievement really.

I have to say this is not a comment I like to usually see in a forum.  I've been a developer for video games over 20+ years and recently been doing mobile apps for 5.  The DJI app is not a simple app, its quite complex and at times bugs can creep in.  

However some times the break down is in the QA process and they can miss things.  In games we had testers playing 7 days a week the same levels over and over as each build came out to make sure stuff still worked and even then bugs crept in.  Its only when the masses get the software in their hands that some times this issues show up.  So a little easy here on the devs.
2017-3-17
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Gateway Posted at 2017-3-17 17:57
I have to say this is not a comment I like to usually see in a forum.  I've been a developer for video games over 20+ years and recently been doing mobile apps for 5.  The DJI app is not a simple app, its quite complex and at times bugs can creep in.  

However some times the break down is in the QA process and they can miss things.  In games we had testers playing 7 days a week the same levels over and over as each build came out to make sure stuff still worked and even then bugs crept in.  Its only when the masses get the software in their hands that some times this issues show up.  So a little easy here on the devs.

Absolutely not.

Some unwashed hoodie sitting in a dark room playing "Death Zombie Apocalypse 9" that crashes nobody gives a rats backside (except the hoodie who will have to leave his chair and hit reboot)

When you have an aircraft of  AUW of greater than 3kg (the likes of the Inspire series) in the air with four spinning blades revolving at 9,000 rpm where its control app glitches and sends unprovoked commands to the FC with unpredictable results possibly resulting in a crash, its a little more serious.

So no, I wont take it easy on the primates.
2017-3-21
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Tharg (from the Posted at 2017-3-21 11:22
Absolutely not.

Some unwashed hoodie sitting in a dark room playing "Death Zombie Apocalypse 9" that crashes nobody gives a rats backside (except the hoodie who will have to leave his chair and hit reboot)

This bug has nothing to do with those issues of dropping out of the sky, its a portrait issue not the end of the world.

The process is simple, the developers get asked to code up features or fix bugs, then QA needs to test this internally, then their is an external beta test (a group of our peers) which hopefully find anything that would cause the build to be held up.  

Its not the same thing as a video game you are correct, however stating things like "DJI coding chimps" , is not a way to get an issue resolved. Its rude and unprofessional for you to state something like this.
Also if you have issues with DJI products maybe try out another drone company and see how fast you get back to DJI
2017-3-21
Use props
Tharg (from the
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2017-3-24
Use props
Gateway
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Again, maybe stop buying DJI products and go troll elsewhere? I have several DJI products from the P1 - P4, I2, Mavic.. so I know the issues.. just maybe if you dont have any constructive feedback in this thread, like "yea I can confirm this bug is happening for me as well", maybe dont say anything?
2017-3-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules