Gimbal Vibration Abnormal
1759 12 2017-3-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JS319
lvl.1
United States

I apologize if this is a duplicate thread.  I submitted earlier but do not see it.
I'm new to the forum. I have anew Mavic and after a few weeks of flying, I started seeing the message "Gimbal Vibration Abnormal" I called the customer service line and they suggested calibrating both the IMU and then the gimbal. I did this twice and still receiving the message. Also when I'm flying the video footage does not appear steady.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, what was your solution?  I don't want to send in for Support if it can be fixed systematically. Thanks in advance!

2017-3-17
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

have you checked the mounting tabs to ensure the gimbal is under all three tabs (two in front and one in back)?  
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-17
Use props
JS319
lvl.1
United States

Yes, thank you.  the two front are under the tabs if you flip the MP upside down.  The 3rd one in the back is also intact.  I saw another thread with pictures and compared to mine.
2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

JS319 Posted at 2017-3-17 09:59
Yes, thank you.  the two front are under the tabs if you flip the MP upside down.  The 3rd one in the back is also intact.  I saw another thread with pictures and compared to mine.

Do the Rubber bands also look to be in good condition?
2017-3-17
Use props
bunny too
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13442 ft
United States

JS319 Posted at 2017-3-17 09:59

when you say the third one is intact do you mean the gimbal plate is underneath the back tab (as it should be) if it is resting on top that will give you errors.
Regards,
-d.
2017-3-17
Use props
JS319
lvl.1
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-17 10:18
Do the Rubber bands also look to be in good condition?

Yes, they are in very good condition.  I only started flying the Mavic a few weeks ago.
2017-3-17
Use props
JS319
lvl.1
United States

bunny too Posted at 2017-3-17 10:30
when you say the third one is intact do you mean the gimbal plate is underneath the back tab (as it should be) if it is resting on top that will give you errors.
Regards,
-d.

yes, thank you. The 3rd tab is inserted in the plate as it should be.
2017-3-17
Use props
FrequentFlyer
lvl.4
United States

JS319 Posted at 2017-3-17 11:53
yes, thank you. The 3rd tab is inserted in the plate as it should be.

Do you have some video footage you can post?
2017-3-17
Use props
Typhon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Sorry to tell you bud but This is exactly what I got with my new mavic out of the box and it ended up having a confirmed camera and gimbal fault. DJI replaced my mavic after trying to charge me but new one is fine. Get it sent back bud, no calibration is going to sort that error.
2017-3-17
Use props
JS319
lvl.1
United States

FrequentFlyer Posted at 2017-3-17 12:06
Do you have some video footage you can post?

I'll try to post without uploading to Dropbox.
2017-3-17
Use props
JS319
lvl.1
United States

Typhon Posted at 2017-3-17 13:48
Sorry to tell you bud but This is exactly what I got with my new mavic out of the box and it ended up having a confirmed camera and gimbal fault. DJI replaced my mavic after trying to charge me but new one is fine. Get it sent back bud, no calibration is going to sort that error.

Thx for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but I had a feeling that no matter if I calibrated the IMU/gimbal, the issue will still be there. How long was the turn around time for repai?
2017-3-17
Use props
Typhon
lvl.2

United Kingdom

JS319 Posted at 2017-3-17 19:09
Thx for the info. Not what I wanted to hear but I had a feeling that no matter if I calibrated the IMU/gimbal, the issue will still be there. How long was the turn around time for repai?

Apart from the repair charge fiasco, turn around for Europe was pretty quick, I never saw that mavic again mind as they sent a new one out. About 2 weeks all in so not too bad, but I missed a trip to the alps in that time which I was gutted about though. Good luck anyway and keep the forum posted.
2017-3-19
Use props
JS319
lvl.1
United States

Typhon Posted at 2017-3-19 06:31
Apart from the repair charge fiasco, turn around for Europe was pretty quick, I never saw that mavic again mind as they sent a new one out. About 2 weeks all in so not too bad, but I missed a trip to the alps in that time which I was gutted about though. Good luck anyway and keep the forum posted.

Thanks a bunch! I'm glad it worked out for you. I'll keep the thread posted.
2017-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules