Sunset Photos
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbe948475
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1564911 ft
Germany

Hi,

I am trying my best to get some great sunset photos but failing in a epic way. Can anybody suggest the best settings for my P3A
I do have ND4 and ND8 filters.
Thank you for putting me out of my misery....

Enord
2017-3-17
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

What are your settings currently? Do you have any samples that you might be able to provide?
2017-3-17
Use props
fansbe948475
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-17 15:38
What are your settings currently? Do you have any samples that you might be able to provide?

Hi DJI Jamie sorry for the lateness I have been out and about. I have no samples at the moment as they are always rubbish so o I delete them Would you have some basic settings that I can start with, would you suggest the ND filter or no for a Sunset Photo -  
2017-3-25
Use props
fansbe948475
lvl.2
Germany

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-3-17 15:38

Hi DJI Jamie sorry for the lateness I have been out and about. I have no samples at the moment as they are always rubbish so o I delete them Would you have some basic settings that I can start with, would you suggest the ND filter or no for a Sunset Photo -  
2017-3-25
Use props
fatalPORKshank
lvl.3
Flight distance : 305289 ft
  • >>>
United States

It's my understanding ND filters are typically only useful for video when you need to slow the FPS down in bright light.  For photos, the same effect can be achieved by decreasing the ISO or shutter speed.  My suggestion would be to shoot HDR.  HDR (high dynamic range) is basically 3-5 pictures taken in quick succession at different exposure settings.  1-2 are over exposed to capture the detail of the darker areas, 1-2 are underexposed to caputure the details of the brighter areas, and 1 is appropriately exposed.  These are either combined by the camera (HDR camera setting), or by a post processing software such as Adobe Lightroom.  

There is a function in the camera setting called HDR, this produces one single image composed of 3 (i believe) shot at different exposures.  

The other function is exposure bracketing, this produces 3-5 shots and you pick the exposure spread.  This produces 3-5 separate images that need combined in an editing program (Adobe Lightroom).

This is the best way to capture any image with extreme exposure variations and can produce some stunning effects.  Take a moment and google HDR photos or how to HDR phantom 3.  

Good luck!
2017-3-28
Use props
Johnnyrebel
lvl.2
Flight distance : 521010 ft
United Kingdom

Try the "droning on" web site, they have some basic useful tips for selecting the correct nd filters and ISO settings for the phantoms.
2017-3-28
Use props
fansbe948475
lvl.2
Germany

Johnnyrebel Posted at 2017-3-28 12:59
Try the "droning on" web site, they have some basic useful tips for selecting the correct nd filters and ISO settings for the phantoms.

Thank You - the best ND filter explanation I have watched
2017-3-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules