5921 4 2015-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

Stumbled upon this APP and Desktop software Today

https://mapper.pix4d.com/

Has anyone heard of it before or Used it?
As it looks interesting and they're using a DJI Phantom So wonder if the Inspire 1 would work as
it too is GPS and Manual controlled.
2015-2-24
Use props
Captain Obvious
lvl.4

Australia

>>NEVER MIND <<
Hi

Anyone here have experience with Pix4D app for the DJI Phantom or have beta tested for the Inspire?

How well did the autonomous mapping work?

How well did the camera work when used with a photogrammetry software like Agisoft Photo Scan or Pix4D Pro Mapper?

Stupid me...Never seen the other post on the same subject

2015-2-25
Use props
CanD
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4862615 ft
Germany

The results are very good. I saw some videos on YT. I guess it requires a lot of 3D editing to get the details right.

2015-2-25
Use props
MapsMadeEasy
lvl.4
United States

The Phantom 2 platform is great for mapping.  The P2 is great since you can use the 2.4 GHz Datalink and Ground Station software to control your flight.  The Vision+ is easy to control with the App and collects data very easily but the lens distortion requires that you get 70% overlap between your images so you are using the "good" part of the lens/image.

The Flight Planner tool at Maps Made Easy can help you figure out the dimensions to set up with your Vision+.  It will calculate an appropriate Pass-to-Pass distance for a given height and overlap amount.  If you have a P2 and datalink, it spits out the .AWM file that can be loaded into the PC ground station software.

Maps Made Easy DJI Flight Planner

Maps Made Easy DJI Flight Planner
2015-3-31
Use props
Raind
New

Germany

If you want to learn more, then I recommend video mapping software https://videomapping.store/id/video-mapping-software/ ! They also have a lot of guides!
2017-8-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules