What video editing package or software are you using? For Windows ?
2285 21 2017-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borse2008
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Im sure most of you probably own a mac as i agree there better for video editing?  What piece of software do you use? On windows?
2017-3-18
Use props
bomberuk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16759 ft
United Kingdom

sony vegas 14 and adobe premiere pro 2017
2017-3-18
Use props
rick39
lvl.4
Flight distance : 164354 ft
United Kingdom

Photoshop (yes Photoshop!), Premier Pro, & Davinci resolve (free) too as my Adobe apps are getting a bit long in the tooth.
2017-3-18
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The same question was asked just a couple of days ago in this thread and yes, the video editing software I use (Cyberilnk PowerDirector) runs on Windows.
2017-3-18
Use props
Macdugel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 630577 ft
United States

I use Cyberlink Power Director as well, easy to use and intuitive.
2017-3-18
Use props
Stavo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 336972 ft
United States

+1 for Power Director. Keep your eye on Cyberlink's site as they have deals all the time.
2017-3-18
Use props
lildevilx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 264101 ft
Canada

personally hated power director. but last time i used it was a while back now...
solidly only use the adobe CS6 package (Photoshop and Premier Pro)
2017-3-18
Use props
boostedford
lvl.4
Flight distance : 144478 ft
United States

cyberlink here as well. im new to it though im coming from windows movie maker. if you guys have any tips on how to make good videos and color grade with it mavic videos specifically id appreciate some tips, thanks.
2017-3-18
Use props
Abel360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25561 ft
Spain

Cyberlink as well.  
2018-4-7
Use props
Thudd
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1624787 ft

Adobe Premiere Elements 2018. No subscription required.
2018-4-7
Use props
Tadango
lvl.4
Flight distance : 232359 ft
Netherlands

Sony Vegas works great for me.
2018-4-7
Use props
george_007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 183045 ft
Sweden

Photoshop and Premiere elements
2018-4-8
Use props
Raincast
First Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hey, I say it would all depend on how much editing/learning you want to do, what specs you have, and the price you're willing to spend on an editor.

Personally, I use Premiere Pro. If you sign up as a student, you get the whole 20 something apps for $20 monthly for a year including Photoshop, After Effects and Lightroom. One advantage to subscription-based service is you get every update that comes out. They just did one few says ago where the software will match the colors from one clip to another in a click.
2018-4-9
Use props
Datadogie
lvl.4
Flight distance : 27028 ft

DAVINCI RESOLVE 14 Plenty tutorials on Youtube.
2018-4-9
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I started out using Filmora, didn't  like it so I switched to Adobe Premier Elements, liked it even less. Finally I ended up with Cyberlink Power Director and will most likely stay with that one.
2018-4-9
Use props
Abel360
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25561 ft
Spain

Why does not the trial version of Cyberlink Power Director support video format in .MOV format?

2018-4-9
Use props
TexasAerials
Second Officer
Flight distance : 566952 ft
United States

I started out using HitFilm Express, however I don't recommend it unless you are looking to add a lot of effects or make short films that you are integrating your aerial footage into.  It is a little bit complicated to add text and do certain things in the software.  

From there I briefly tried DaVinci Resolve, which was much more intuitive, but I didn't use it for long  because it kept crashing on my machine.  

Finally I took advantage of a student discount on and Adobe CC subscription for only $20 per month for the first year.  I have found Premiere Pro very intuitive and much easier to put videos together with.  

2018-4-9
Use props
Face-AcheNZ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 96631 ft
New Zealand

I started with Davinci Resolve, but it kept crashing (this was probably because my PC is not up to it). Then tried one called Lightworks, which looked good, but was often losing my project clips - the links to the source clips would break, and just could not be recovered.

Ended up using an open-source app called ShotCut - now it looks like there's no colour-correction features in this, it's just straight up editing software (chopping clips up, adding music etc). Seems really lightweight, and is free - will do until i get a bit more serious/experienced with the videography stuff.
2018-4-9
Use props
SparksBird
First Officer
Flight distance : 10731690 ft
United States

Adobe Premiere Pro CC, Photoshop and Lightroom.  All work great for me.
2018-4-9
Use props
fans4ee4a121
lvl.3
Canada

rick39 Posted at 2017-3-18 03:06
Photoshop (yes Photoshop!), Premier Pro, & Davinci resolve (free) too as my Adobe apps are getting a bit long in the tooth.

When I use DaVinci resolve my videos are choppy
2018-4-9
Use props
mikeseven
lvl.3
United States

Face-AcheNZ Posted at 2018-4-9 17:22
I started with Davinci Resolve, but it kept crashing (this was probably because my PC is not up to it). Then tried one called Lightworks, which looked good, but was often losing my project clips - the links to the source clips would break, and just could not be recovered.

Ended up using an open-source app called ShotCut - now it looks like there's no colour-correction features in this, it's just straight up editing software (chopping clips up, adding music etc). Seems really lightweight, and is free - will do until i get a bit more serious/experienced with the videography stuff.

Shotcut does have color correction, grading, etc., can even use 3D LUTs. I'm not familiar with the windows version, but it should be under filters.
2018-4-9
Use props
Bokepacha
lvl.4
Flight distance : 149265 ft
Netherlands

Yesterday started again  the Humble Bundle collection including the Vegas Pro 14 package and some other programs. It's less than 17 euros for the whole package and I bought it just for Vegas Pro 14. It arrived at the perfect timing because I was also looking for a video editing software!
2018-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules